1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why so little talk about Limited/Nightshade models?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by elkin, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Aug 11, 2019 at 6:39 AM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels
    I wouldn't say that I prefer it over leather. But, after 18K miles and treating it with leather/vinyl conditioner several times, it feels very much like leather to me. It has that nice smooth/slippery feel.

I read many mixed reviews about it, and ultimately decided I would prefer it over cloth. It seems great so far.

I didn't think leather was important to me, but after having it in my '03, and then cloth in my Tacoma, i definitely prefer it! Even if it is fake.

KSJ08 likes this.
  2. Aug 11, 2019 at 6:46 AM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    I sold cars briefly in 2001. Whenever I had down time, I would read through the brochures. For the most part, I knew the difference between the trims, motor size/hp/tq. It wasn't that hard, and we sold 3 brands of vehicles.

Sometimes I go to dealerships and try to play dumb so that the salesperson will let me drive a car. Sometimes it's really hard not to correct them and ask them how the hell they can sell a product they know nothing about!

KSJ08 likes this.
  3. Aug 11, 2019 at 7:54 PM
    elkin

elkin [OP] New Member

Member:
    The salesman kept saying he preferred the faux leather seats because they last longer and are more durable? Not sure if that's accurate or not. I've always been a fan of real leather, but it's not a deal breaker at all.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions here, you've helped out immensely. Pretty sure I'll be going with the 2020 Nightshade version. Hopefully my dealer gets them in stock by mid September. Either way, as soon as they arrive I'll scoop one up and share pics with you all.

toy33 and Thatbassguy like this.
  4. Aug 11, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

5. Aug 11, 2019 at 11:33 PM
    Mohoman

Mohoman New Member

Member:
    Seems like you know what you want! You also seem to have the money for it! If you nodded along to both of those then you’re going in the correct direction. The nightshade edition looks to be a page out of nissan’s book (they offer a similar addition). At the end of the day, buy what makes you happy, like other members before, the difference is in esthetics. If you don’t plan to regear and mod heavily, you best post them LE picks mah dude! Best of luck!!

6. Aug 12, 2019 at 8:32 AM
    jwible

jwible New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Blue Limited
    New to the forum and a limited owner. Like most people in the world I use my car 70+% of the time for commuting. I live in the south east and terrain isn't really a problem for where I'd most likely go. When I hunted I had a Tundra SR5 4x4 and rarely needed to put it in 4x4 except when the Georgia clay timber roads got muddy. The Limited suits my needs just fine and still give me all the 4x4 capability I'll ever need. And I don't like the face of the non limited models. Call me an old fuddy duddy.

Jemplyr77 and Thatbassguy like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top