1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What happens when we die?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by The last breed, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Mar 21, 2022 at 6:31 PM
    The last breed

The last breed [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Dying to get my hands on a 4Runner
    By the way, we should be grateful to Africa. If Homo Sapiens didn't move east and north, we all would be "lesser humans" :D

2. Mar 21, 2022 at 6:37 PM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    I like old single malt scotch...Never will you have to twist my arm...The Old Testament God seems like a real prick compared to the New Testament God...I guess the Jews needed more discipline

suaveflooder[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Mar 21, 2022 at 6:41 PM
    suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Member:
    I’m down for the scotch!!! Please and thank you!! I’ll even pay.

Old Testament think of as a strict father. I’m ridiculously strict with my kids. I like rules. Always have . Same time (new testament) I laugh with them a lot. Do pranks, joke, make fun of. A lot of it is focus. What was pertinent at the time. Jesus mentions this in his teachings. New Testament is a beautiful transition from strict to loving. As a parent I get it. There needs to be a balance.

edit: being the strictest parent with a great sense of humor has it’s perks. We have a blended house hold. Both my wife and I were previously divorced. I am BY FAR the favorite parent. No idea how it happened but it makes me laugh. I hold my kiddos (4) to a high standard. They do well. I praise the crap out of them when they succeed. Oh, and I get ducklinged all the time. Second I leave my room, we are a trail of 5 lol

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  4. Mar 21, 2022 at 6:42 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Guys, you are all wrong, take my theory seriously, we are in a f****** dream :D

suaveflooder likes this.
  5. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:07 PM
    Tama1968

Tama1968 New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5 in Classic Silver
    who really knows....
    I was raised Christian and during the last 53 years, I've believed devoutly, doubted seriously and back and forth. I mean I have to admit that it is kind an 'out there" thing to think that we're all created by an all-knowing, omnipotent being.....but the main contrasting theory is that a bunch of random atoms came together in just the right mix and in the right proportions of temperature, gravity,atmosphere and all that, and boom...we have life. we live, we cause and solve problems, fall in and out of love ,and ponder our own origins. That all this 'just happened" is equally crazy.
    I'm sticking with the creation route. Though I have lots of concerns and questions, I do believe in God (I mean there's no way Dua Lipa's face 'just happened). As for the what happens when we die question....every religion out there seems to have some variation on the heaven or hell thing...keeping in mind that religion is a man-made construct that caters to peoples' fear and greed and is used to justify a wide range of things, I'm doubtful of most of what I've been taught in that area. I believe that God is more merciful and understanding of our weaknesses than most give him credit for. He knows what we deserve in the bigger picture of eternity.
    ....or maybe we just poop ourselves and fade out as the synapses stop firing. Either way, I'll be at peace.

6. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:17 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    At the level of the subatomic particles, this universe is extremely weird, it doesn't make sense at all. Electrons behave differently when you're watching them, than when you're not watching them. Watching can be anything, your eyes, your sensors, or any sensing machine.
    This is kind of weird. It seems like the system that we are trapped in, shows us things when we are watching. And when we are not watching, things are totally different. Like the example that I gave before. The Moon is up there when you are watching it, and when you're not watching it, it may not be up there.

Computer programmers can understand this concept very easily. We create objects when we need them, and when we don't need them, we destroy them. We do that because we cannot afford to have all objects existing all the time, the computer memory is not very big.

7. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:30 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Regarding evolution, did you guys know that only Europeans and Asians have Neanderthal genes, and not Africans. Because the homosapiens that were left behind in Africa did not come in contact with Neanderthals, and the ones that immigrated to Europe and Asia, they came in contact with the Neanderthals and have their genes. Africans have no Neanderthal genes unless their fathers mated with Europeans or Asians

8. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:38 PM
    Singleminded

Singleminded New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Limited
    OEM LED foglights
    When you die your 4Runner gets all the way up to 21.5 MPG.

2Toys, Han4Run, newlife and 3 others like this.
  9. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:43 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Persian philosopher Rumi on death.

Don't be Afraid folks, we will either vanish or if we don't vanish, we will meet our true beloved, someone that he we have been longing for. To him we belong, and to him we shall return.

This poem makes me cry

"When I die"
    English

https://youtu.be/FziYKCXDgNw

Persian

https://youtu.be/_e7DbCt78gw

10. Mar 21, 2022 at 8:14 PM
    Daddykool

Daddykool Photography enthusiast

Member:
    Oh no...does that mean...I’m already...?

11. Mar 22, 2022 at 4:38 AM
    freak4life

freak4life New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Cañon City Co
    Vehicle:
    2018 off-road
    Fuel Wheels, KO2 33’s RCI skids (alum. full length) Jomax ABS protection SSO low profile w/ Warn Zeon 10s Westcott: sliders, roof rack, ladder, Hitch mount rear tire carrier Nitro 4:88 regear LRA 24gal aux tank Icon he rear springs Treaty Oak spacers Viper security Upgraded stereo, speakers, 400 amp unit Goose gear 100% rear seat delete Dometic DZ95 RedArc man.30 2 Battleborn 100ah lithium Genesis Duel battery under hood ARB duel air under hood Baja 30’ amber and fog Rigid 40” light bar on roof, ditch lights Switch-pro
    He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

12. Mar 22, 2022 at 4:40 AM
    freak4life

freak4life New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Cañon City Co
    Vehicle:
    2018 off-road
    Fuel Wheels, KO2 33’s RCI skids (alum. full length) Jomax ABS protection SSO low profile w/ Warn Zeon 10s Westcott: sliders, roof rack, ladder, Hitch mount rear tire carrier Nitro 4:88 regear LRA 24gal aux tank Icon he rear springs Treaty Oak spacers Viper security Upgraded stereo, speakers, 400 amp unit Goose gear 100% rear seat delete Dometic DZ95 RedArc man.30 2 Battleborn 100ah lithium Genesis Duel battery under hood ARB duel air under hood Baja 30’ amber and fog Rigid 40” light bar on roof, ditch lights Switch-pro
    Go step in front of an oncoming train and then tell us about your dream.

13. Mar 22, 2022 at 4:57 AM
    4Daughters

4Daughters It’s how I know God has a sense of humor

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD ORP; Silver; too many port options...Ah well...
    TBD
    I highly recommend three books for this topic: Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell; The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel; and The Case for a Creator, also by Strobel. These guys were die hard atheists, McDowell an attorney and Strobel an award winning journalist with a law degree, who each wanted to refute the claims of the Bible once and for all, and took an honest, deep, open minded dive into the claims. Good attorneys have a way of finding whether a claim can hold water or not. Really great reads.

14. Mar 22, 2022 at 6:09 AM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    I woke up this morning, so I'm pretty sure I'm still alive...If I am able to report back here as to what actually happened to me when I do die, I promise to try...From the opinions and arguments I have heard participating in this theological discussion, this may not be a universal post mortem experience for everyone.

The last breed[OP] likes this.
  15. Mar 22, 2022 at 7:36 AM
    BionicRandy

BionicRandy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    TX Hill Country
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black SR5 aka the Batmobile
    Lots of goodies
    Ahh pondering one’s mortality… Nobody truly knows. You may say that you know what happens because of your faith, but the truth is, no human has ever croaked, spent some time on the other side then come back to tell us how it is. Not one, so we really don’t “know.” We just know what we’re told and for all we know that could all be BS. We will know when we croak…or maybe we won’t. Do we retain “self” as our consciousness joins the acaciac (sp?) record or do we simply become part of the homogenous whole? Is it just nothingness? The lights go out and that’s it? Do we sit around on clouds playing harps and looking down on Earth? Is it just our DNA returning to the elements and the rest is simply gone? Bible says that we cannot comprehend the nature of God. I think this is one of those things also beyond our comprehension.

16. Mar 22, 2022 at 8:11 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    I will not do that. It will hurt. Dreams hurt too. And this dream is EXTREMELY vivid. I don't want to experience the pain.

BionicRandy likes this.
  17. Mar 22, 2022 at 8:27 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
  18. Mar 22, 2022 at 8:32 AM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    So while I sleep 6-8 hours a night during this dream, and most nights I have dreams while I sleep, are these compounded dreams that will make more sense once I die?

19. Mar 22, 2022 at 8:37 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    It is my gut feeling when we die, we don't go to sleep, we actually wake up. I am not alone with this weird belief. Just Google or Youtube.
    When we go to sleep and then wake up, these are all false awakenings. We go to sleep and wake up in dreams too. It is called false awakening.

20. Mar 22, 2022 at 8:40 AM
    BionicRandy

BionicRandy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    TX Hill Country
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black SR5 aka the Batmobile
    Lots of goodies
    :cool:If I was gonna die I would already be worm dirt. I’m not going to die. I’m just gonna change frequency.

21. Mar 22, 2022 at 8:44 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
  22. Mar 22, 2022 at 2:29 PM
    Gamma Ray

Gamma Ray Be excellent to each other

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 Barcelona Red
    Who cares? This never shows everything anyway.

23. Mar 22, 2022 at 2:41 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Whoever is running all this, God, aliens, call him/her/it, anything. That person has a lot of computing power at disposal. So much power that everything is being simulated, pain, colors, feelings. There is a catch though. Things are simulated for you only when you are watching them, or using machines to watch them. Any sort of sensor triggers this system. The universe does not exist at all times. It only exists when you try to sense it, and depending on the power of the sensor, more details are added to the universe. I mean, there is no point to keep the moon up there when nobody's watching it. So when nobody's watching it, it vanishes

24. Mar 22, 2022 at 2:45 PM
    newlife

newlife Not all who wander are ...... squirrel

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    Tell me you didn’t watched the matrix recently

25. Mar 22, 2022 at 2:46 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    It's weird but I have never watched that movie, I need to watch that. Is it based on this stuff?

newlife[QUOTED] likes this.
  26. Mar 22, 2022 at 2:47 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
  27. Mar 22, 2022 at 2:55 PM
    newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    Pretty much.

28. Mar 22, 2022 at 3:05 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Africans were the only Homo sapiens, the rest of the world were populated with less smarter humans. Neanderthals were physically stronger, but they were less smart

29. Mar 22, 2022 at 3:08 PM
    newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    So here’s my two cents on this matter.

I have a weird belief as well. Mine falls somewhat in the realm of yours.

I don’t believe in heaven or hell being a place per say. More like a time if an existence is true.

when it comes to life think of de ja vu for a moment. How many times in your life have you felt like you’ve done a certain action or had a certain thought before or a familiar smell etc.

This is where my theory comes into play. I think we are repeating our lives over and over again in a different fashion some live a grandous life while others are living the worst life possible and perhaps it’s based on the choices we make in the current life and how we overcome or subside to those situations. When we die our soul or essence doesn’t float into some mystical or lack of better terms hellacious place. Rather it enters another vessel being born. Here is my reasoning. When a baby is born they cry right. What if they are crying from the death of the previous life and having those memories. I think the whole heaven vs hell is actually happening now and we keep getting it wrong or right.

30. Mar 22, 2022 at 3:33 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Your belief makes you a Hindu.
    And your thery does not go against my theory. Look at it this way. You die, you wake up from this dream, if the boss likes your actions in this dream, he may reward you in the next dream, or he would just tell you good boy, you will live with me now. And if you did terrible things in this dream, the boss will put you back to sleep, you will be a homeless in Chicago this time :D

Products Discussed in

To Top