1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What happens when we die?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by The last breed, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Mar 20, 2022 at 11:13 PM
    The last breed

The last breed [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Dying to get my hands on a 4Runner
    I have a weird belief and have no solid scientific and religious basis for it. It is just my gut feeling. I believe that whatever we consider reality is an illusion. We are in a state of dream, a dream that is thousands of times more vivid. So vivid that we don't doubt it, it feels real. Just like a dream feels real when we are in it, and when we wake up we think it was so weird. So when we die, we don't go to sleep, we actually wake up from this dream that we call reality. And then we will realize how weird this dream was.

What are your thoughts? What happens when we die? And what do you think about the so called reality? Could it be that the whole universe is only in our brains, that's all?

BionicRandy likes this.
  2. Mar 21, 2022 at 1:17 AM
    GrantA

GrantA Enjoying God’s creation

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Fully locked 2020 SR5 Premium
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
    Well @The last breed you sure pick interesting topics to talk about. Responses here can range so widely. People have been discussing this for 1000’s of years and honestly not everyone agrees.

Life reminds me of my high school days. People are in different click’s as we called it. People have different faiths and argue their beliefs over others all the time. I would argue most people believe there is life after death. Whether this is driven by hope for the living and provides comfort for the lost, idk.

As for me I am a Christian. I believe we were created in the image of God. God created all things for his glory. People have free will and get to make their own choices everyday. People may choose selfishness, pride, god like power, and other sin. This is the shortfall of man. Then God sent his one and only son Jesus who lived a perfect life and died on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins so that those who believe and repent of their sins can be saved and go to heaven with him after they die.

So why do I tell you all this… well because in the end of our lives when we die I believe we are going to one of two places. Heaven or hell. I have my faith in Jesus Christ. Scholars have been trying for so long to poke holes in the words written in the Holy Bible but the problem is it is sound doctrine that can’t be refuted and most people that go deep down the research path end up discovering everything written in the Holy Bible is true. Other people will say I am wrong and the Bible is wrong so back to the first part of my post. People have been arguing this for 1000’s of years.

Anyways these are things I believe but not everyone will agree and I have learned that in life you just have to agree that it is okay to disagree. We all have free will to choose what to believe in and honestly we shouldn’t feel afraid or hindered from discussing our beliefs.

However, I might get banned now for sharing my faith and my belief. Which is sad that we even have to think about that but society today seems to be getting more and more controlled and limiting free speech. But again this is a free platform and to prevent crazy posts and ruining the platform they want to limit it and keep it on point. So if I get banned it was nice knowing you all. I hope that you find what you are seeking.

3. Mar 21, 2022 at 1:31 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Your religious beliefs are compatible with my theory. My theory doesn't reject or confirm God. I am a man of faith too. I am just doubting reality as we know it.

We may be dreaming, we may be in an extremely vivid and real-feeling dream. Reality as we know it, may be an illusion. The things around us may not be real. I am addressing to you right now, I have no proof that you exist. You are not sure that I exist either. This dream is set up such, with full of characters that we interact with. This whole universe may not be real. When you leave your dog at home, it may vanish. You only hear the barking. If you go further away and not leave a microphone behind, even that barking may vanish. The moon may not exist. It pops into existance when we try to sense it, either through our eyes or other sensors(telescope, radar). The closer you try to get to the moon, the higher resolution of the moon is displayed to you. When you turn your head and telescope/radar the other way, the moon is gone. We will die and may wake up to find out we were dreaming all along. Death may not be the end. It may be just the end to this extremely vivid dream.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  4. Mar 21, 2022 at 1:58 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Someone is playing games with us. Someone has put us in this dream box. People may fear death, I honestly don't. I am looking forward to that day when I am out of this box and find out what the hell is really going on.
    Training for lucid dreaming teaches you to doubt things while you are awake. Well I am doubting this damn so called reality. Someone is playing games with us. This whole universe may be fake and doesn't exist at all. Reality may be something else, not this planet and all these stars. They all may be just an illusion, that's all.

5. Mar 21, 2022 at 2:08 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Mutiple times in my dreams I tasted things, felt physical pain, smelled flowers. None of that was real. So what is the proof that I am not dreaming right now too? We may all be dreaming except this dream is so damn vivid.

6. Mar 21, 2022 at 2:24 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    All these physical laws may just be an illusion. You can have physical laws in dreams too. Two plus two equals four. This may be an illusion too. Our whole intelligence and logic may be an illusion. I just can't trust anything. Boy we are so helpless!

7. Mar 21, 2022 at 3:56 AM
    GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro - Black
    I don't necessarily share this view, however, it's interesting to ponder... I HAVE, however always wondered this: Do we all see the same colors?? Think about it.

As a child, we are told "this is purple" and "that is green", etc... and we learn that those shades are assigned that name. SO the rest of our lives, we call a certain image hue by the names we've learned. My neighbor/friend/brother/etc.. call the same hue by the same name. BUT! is what one person actually seeing and calling that name seeing the SAME color? Perhaps what I see as "blue", someone else sees something entirely different, but still calls it "blue" ????

We know through science how our eyes work and we all have seen the proof that differences in colors are simply differences in the frequency of light, however, do we KNOW 100% that your eyes and my eyes breakdown those frequencies the same way?? Or maybe even the vividness or brightness of colors are different from person to person... either way, how would we ever know if there is a difference, since I can't see through your eyes?

8. Mar 21, 2022 at 6:00 AM
    7Runner

7Runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver SR5P
    I've watched many NDE (Near Death Experience) videos on Youtube. Could probably say I'm a little obsessed with them. After the many I have seen I've come to the conclusion that we don't die. Consciousness has existed forever.
    Almost all state that this life is the dream. That it's much more real on the other side. That whatever limit this body gives you is non existent over there. Stating the ability to "know everything" while there and then losing it upon return. And speaking of color and sight, they state that they see colors that are non-existent here. Being able to focus on objects extremely far away like it's right in front of your face. Blind people seeing for the first time, deaf people hearing for the first time.
    Deceased loved ones, light beings, God, etc...fascinating stuff.

9. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:01 AM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    I think it's likely the same as before you were born. Nothing. Just a lack of existence. But there's no good evidence of anything so I guess I'll see what happens eventually.

The last breed[OP] likes this.
  10. Mar 21, 2022 at 8:06 AM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    Perhaps all of us have already died. What if the divine Moderator of existence has cast us into this 'purgatory like' realm to suffer hell on earth as we purify ourselves before being allowed into the next dimension. Maybe what we perceive as death is actually when our suffering here is deemed fit and out spirit moves on.

newlife and The last breed[OP] like this.
  11. Mar 21, 2022 at 8:56 AM
    Jynarik

Jynarik I like boobies

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    We usually shit ourself. That’s a fact.

12. Mar 21, 2022 at 9:02 AM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    All of our reality, all that we can sense (see hear taste touch etc), is completely made up. It’s all an absolute fabrication.

It’s literally made up of hydrogen, going out as far as Hubble can see and as far in as the best microscope can see. Hydrogen that is mashed, squished, and rearranged into every form and element imaginable until we have things like nebulea, water, planets, stars, metals, carbon, galaxies, plants, animals, people.

Hydrogen itself is almost completely nothing…and even the things in it that are mostly nothing too.

Because all of reality is fabricated, does that mean it’s an illusion? The word itself is used to communicate the idea of deception. Personally, I dont believe this is all a deception. But I do think that we cant understand what it is on our own.

It’s interesting to think that in this made up existence, we can use words to affect each other. What are words? What do they carry? Is what they carry real? What is something real?

Mind blown lol

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  13. Mar 21, 2022 at 9:05 AM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    Dude...I need some of dat chit you are puffin on!

Tama1968 and The last breed[OP] like this.
  14. Mar 21, 2022 at 9:22 AM
    LandCruiser

LandCruiser I have Toyotas

Member:
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen OG TE
  15. Mar 21, 2022 at 10:28 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    :D

16. Mar 21, 2022 at 10:32 AM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    :D

17. Mar 21, 2022 at 12:15 PM
    PhantomTweak

PhantomTweak New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    OREGON
    Vehicle:
    1999 4Runner, bone stock
    None. Bone Stock. EXCEPT: Brushguard, tow hitch, both welded to the frame. It's good to have friends and a fully equipped garage!
    All I know is that when I died on the surgical table, "they" had to tell me. actually, my wife at the time told me later. I never knew a darn thing had happened, and it seems I was dead for 6 or 7 minutes.
    All I knew from personal experience was they told me to count backwards from 100. I managed to get as far as 98. I woke up in Recovery, stoned out of my mind on Demerol. I never even had the faintest hint that I had died someplace in the middle of that.

My second wife joked that it was because of having my first waiting for me. Knowing my first wife, she might well be right. I saw a way out, and tried to take it. That's why I want "Well, THAT didn't work!" on my urn when I finally go for good.

Hell, I never thought I'd break 40, and I beat that mark 20+ years ago, so now, it's all bonus mileage in my mind.

Have fun all! Enjoy it while you can :)
    Pat☺

18. Mar 21, 2022 at 12:32 PM
    GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro - Black
    I can confirm this.. I have observed it first-hand, so-to-speak.

19. Mar 21, 2022 at 12:55 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Sir Roger Penrose says that Consciousness is not mathematics and numbers, there is something else going on that we don't understand

BionicRandy likes this.
  20. Mar 21, 2022 at 1:47 PM
    Daddykool

Daddykool Photography enthusiast

Member:
    There are millions of people who speculate on this. There are millions more who latch onto and follow their speculations. As for me, I had questions of my own many years ago. Long story short, I went into my bedroom with a Bible and asked God if He was real, and if He was, to show me if the Bible was true. Because I wasn’t sure that the Bible really was true, but I was pretty sure there was a God. With nobody but me in that room, He convinced me that it all was true, and that He was true. So today, I don’t rely on someone else’s story, I have my own.

wrightme43, 2Toys, Oey12 and 5 others like this.
  21. Mar 21, 2022 at 2:32 PM
    4Daughters

4Daughters It’s how I know God has a sense of humor

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD ORP; Silver; too many port options...Ah well...
    TBD
    I’m sticking with the man who was dead for three days and then came back to life, in history, to prove that he was who said he was. He said if we believe in him then he will go into eternity and prepare a place for us that we can be with him forever. That’s heaven. That man is Jesus. I pray that you find him, as he is the answer to your question.

22. Mar 21, 2022 at 2:46 PM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    So you accept that all words and stories written within the Bible should not be questioned and are steadfast truth?

23. Mar 21, 2022 at 3:50 PM
    suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Member:

And now the thread goes downhill. Lol. I figured this would happen at some point.

In for the show

2Toys and The last breed[OP] like this.
  24. Mar 21, 2022 at 3:52 PM
    GrantA

GrantA Enjoying God’s creation

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Fully locked 2020 SR5 Premium
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
    :popcorn:

25. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:06 PM
    BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars New Member

Member:
    I will feed the worms if I don't die in a fire. Beyond that...no idea. Guessing I won't care.

Now, if I had my choice, I'd make my exit by riding a flying great white shark into a rainbow while screaming rock n roll never dies, right before we fatally collide into a unicorn.

26. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:08 PM
    Daddykool

Daddykool Photography enthusiast

Member:
    Not going to get into that discussion with you. Thanks.

27. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:09 PM
    Mass4runner

Mass4runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD ORP
    Same thing that happens to worms, bird, snails, and fleas except our remains get processed by the funeral industry instead of forest scavengers.

28. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:23 PM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    No worries...Really wasn't wanting to participate in a debate over my inquiry...I thought it was a simple Yes or No question.

29. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:26 PM
    suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Member:
    I’ll play a little. It’s not a simple yes or no. Bible is written in different literary styles.

30. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:46 PM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    Fair enough...Most educated people whom I know that are self proclaimed Christians edit betwixt what is plausible and what is absurd.

Products Discussed in

To Top