1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trd Pro exhaust replacement options

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by 4Runner_Patrick, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Jan 28, 2024 at 5:46 AM
    HiddenShah

HiddenShah New Member

Member:
    saw your message thank you.

2. Jan 28, 2024 at 6:48 AM
    VeryProudOfYa686

VeryProudOfYa686 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CHRIS
    Vehicle:
    2023 Lunar Rock ORP
    Im looking to get a TRD Pro exhaust in the Denver area, so if anyone either wants to trade for a low mileage ORP exhaust or sell, please PM me.

3. Jan 28, 2024 at 6:49 AM
    HiddenShah

HiddenShah New Member

Member:
    I’m in southern Connecticut or I would trade you :) if anyone is near me please message. I’d like to trade my pro exhaust for a stock one.

hossler1788 likes this.
  4. Feb 12, 2024 at 8:59 AM
    cb303

cb303 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicle:
    2023 White 4Runner trd pro
    No Mods so far
    I get why people think those things about the decal, but sometimes it's not the decal it's something very different that drives the decision to buy a trim level. I chose a pro because of the features that are factory designed and installed to work really well together stock with no mods. Numerous times in the past I've had aftermarket parts installed by a couple of very well respected shops and a few times (not every time) mistakes were made that were significant in my opinion. I lost trust in the aftermarket upgrade process. I know there are great shops that make zero mistakes and it's probably a fantastic way to improve a rig, but for me personally, I much prefer to not have the aftermarket install risk, and I don't want to wrench on my rig, I just want it done as correct as possible from the start. I get that nothing is a 100% guarantee even from the factory, but in my experience, the factory design and build has proven more reliable than the aftermarket mods process...again, in my case and mine alone. I drive my wife and kids in the car and I just don't want the risk of kludged up work leading to a negative situation. I do admit the pro exhaust is annoying to me.

YetiMtnBkr and MEski4x4 like this.
  5. Feb 12, 2024 at 9:10 AM
    CalcityRenegade

CalcityRenegade New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Earth
    Vehicle:
    2023 T4R ORP KDSS
    Magnaflow SS should be perfect.

6. Feb 15, 2024 at 6:27 AM
    Kyblack76

Kyblack76 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD O.R
    Hey,.. do you. OEM can fuck shit up, (and you pay for it) as much as anyone,.. If your just buying and not changing, hey get after it. What i see, is 99.99% that buy a pro, .... change something. But if all you did is buy a pro, really never go beat on it, and just like it as is, good on ya. I see even more pro buyers with the thought "it will resale better". And yep. Because the next guy that thinks that, buys it. And thats fine. For the rest of us, that actually use, and beat the shit out of our rigs, we can usually do the work ourselves, better than OEM (like just getting a simple oil change). And i get your point of "i just wanna buy the thing, from oem, and drive off". Thats cool man. Just know, numerous times, that some can buy a 5 year old sr5, and do everything, and , probably more than someone that goes to the dealer ship and buys a "pro". You lost trust in aftermarket, and some have lost trust in oem charging stupid coin, for bullshit, and eff's it up also. So, its a double edge knife. At the end of the day, if your happy, cool, ...... as well as the rest of everyone.
    In the end, enjoy your rig. I know i am.

7. Feb 15, 2024 at 8:12 AM
    syeve

syeve New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO
    you sure give a lot of thought to a dude that buys the ONE TRIM level higher than you. There is a lot of "you do you" in here, but you seem super agitated by pro owners? Who hurt you bro?

SolarOctane and MEski4x4 like this.
  8. Feb 15, 2024 at 10:09 AM
    semprenissart

semprenissart Mèfi

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Pro (MGM)
    Westcott Sliders. Gobi no rise
    I never understood this argument against pro trims. What's your point exactly?
    We can say exactly the same thing with an OR trim. Anyone can buy a 5 year old sr5 and do more than someone who goes to the dealership and buy an OR. Okay, so what's your point?

9. Feb 27, 2024 at 7:19 PM
    TechNRK

TechNRK New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD Sport 4Runner 4x4
    I got a 22’ TRD Sport that I’m slowly modifying and will eventually add roof rack and over landing camping setup to. I honestly like the TRD Sport because it’s like the limited with no ugly ass chrome. I like the front end more than OR and SR5’s too. I just ordered the TRD Pro exhaust (I’ve read all the negatives, don’t worry) and want something with some “drone” and noise making qualities along with some debatable power boosting. I just noticed today though that the rear-end of the TRD Sport has a cutout for the rear straight back exhaust. Wondering if it’s going to look a bit odd with the empty cutout now with the 45 degree side exit of the exhaust tip on the TRD Pro setup. Not too concerned, as long as it fits. Looking forward to not having exhaust fumes come through the back window now.

Anyone out there do TRD Pro exhaust on Limited/TRD Sport?

10. Feb 28, 2024 at 8:26 AM
    TXRunner1979

TXRunner1979 New Member

Member:
    My 2 cents on the TRD PRO Exhaust. I just bought a 24 PRO in underground and was really concerned with the exhaust drone. My concern stem from the fact that in my old 2017 PRO in cement (that I regret selling to this day) I added the TRD exhaust and the drone was very bad. I was then now thinking, Am I doing the same mistake and will regret buying the 24? I said fuck it! worst of all I can always change the exhaust to a normal OEM one. Now that I have had the 24 PRO for about 2 weeks, I can tell you that Toyota did something with the sound deadning or insulation on the new PROs that actually reduced quite much the drone from the TRD exhaust when compared to adding it to a non-pro (or to a pre-2020 Pro) 4Runner as an aftermarket accessory. It is not nearly as bad as was in my 2017 PRO. I actually enjoy it now.

11. Feb 28, 2024 at 11:02 AM
    HiddenShah

HiddenShah New Member

Member:
    If you're anywhere in the NYC tristate area I have one for sale that I took off my 2024 TRD Pro, only has 200 miles on it.

12. Feb 28, 2024 at 11:16 AM
    4Runner_Patrick

4Runner_Patrick [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD PRO Black
    Also, have one for sale in Southeast Mass.

whippersnapper02 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top