1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ohio -> California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MeefZah, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Nov 1, 2015 at 1:50 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah [OP] Curmudgeonly

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Eureka, Calif
    Vehicle:
    8x8: 17 4R & 06 Taco
    Things with stuff, but nothing much
    Hey, just joined up. Got a '14 TE yesterday from a dealer in Pittsburg, PA after wanting a 4R for probably most of my adult life. The cost, frankly, was the motivating factor for me to not ever get one - but I finally figured, what the heck, that's why I work.

Anyway, I've had a few Tacos and an Xterra over the past few years, and do some light off-roading, general dirt road exploring, and the like. I intend to use the 4R for exploring Appalachian Ohio where I live, and for road trips.

I have a small lift coming, already got some Weathertechs, got an appointment for window tint, and am looking at forums for other ideas.

About me - full time cop, part time EMT-I, married, no kids, other hobbies include camping, motorcycling, shooting, outdoor stuff. I live south of Canton in Tuscarawas County, a rural area with a ton of old mines, abandoned roads, etc; ripe for exploring. EDIT, as of April 1 2016, I have moved to coastal northern California!

Hope to be a productive contributor to the site!

Day I bought the 2014:

[​IMG]

Update, we moved to Eureka, California in April 2016. The TE did great on the trip but I reckon I could have used some airbags:

[​IMG]

Update, I got a new 2017 SR5 4R in May 2017, and my wife traded in her Prius and also got a new 2017 SR5 4R a week later (pre-mods, and mine is the MGM one):

[​IMG]

My modifications are here:

https://meefzah.smugmug.com/2017-Toyota-4Runner-modifications/

This is how it is at present, 2.5" lift, 285s, TRD wheels, other little mods:

[​IMG]

Since getting my 2017 4R I have driven it to:

California
    Oregon
    Washington
    Yukon
    British Columbia
    Alberta
    Alaska
    Idaho
    Montana
    Utah
    Nevada
    Arizona
    Wyoming
    Colorado
    Texas
    New Mexico
    Oklahoma
    Missouri
    Arkansas
    Tennessee
    North Carolina
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Nebraska
    Kansas
    ...and probably a state or three I am forgetting...

All my trips can be found at the master link here, divided into folders by date and destination:

https://meefzah.smugmug.com/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    rsimi72, Kyblack76 and 4Runner4Ever like this.
  2. Nov 1, 2015 at 5:22 AM
    4Runner4Ever

4Runner4Ever New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Nautical Blue 4x4 4Runner Limited
    Window tint & Weathertechs
    This is the first 4Runner I've owned having come out of full size diesels and several Tacos. I love mine man, pretty sure you'll be happy with your choice.

3. Jul 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah [OP] Curmudgeonly

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Eureka, Calif
    Vehicle:
    8x8: 17 4R & 06 Taco
    Things with stuff, but nothing much
    Edited the original post to reflect new location (Eureka, Calif) and some links to mods and trips.

4. Jul 13, 2018 at 11:55 AM
    Kyblack76

Kyblack76 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD O.R
    Bad ass,.... way cool mang,... Love the gun metal gray color,.. love mine. Waited for months to score a gray one. Whites, and silvers for fucking days, but, i held firm, for the color to come available.
    Its funny, as it seemed like NO ONE liked the grays, for a long while. Then, seems like when i started looking, and got mine, every buddy now is rocking the gray lol. The new concrete color, thats out, looks WAY sick, i wanna trade mine in already, and find one of those lol.
    Any way, good shit man. You seem hella happy, and that is rad. Keep on truckin mate.

To Top