1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MSRP Dealerships- List Them

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by T4Rrunning, May 25, 2021.

?

Has this thread helped you or someone you know with a purchase?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Sep 26, 2022 at 7:54 AM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:
    Just called Paris, TN dealership, and they quit taking orders and told me 8 month wait….

2. Sep 26, 2022 at 8:27 AM
    Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2022 Trd Pro 4runner
    Got my 22 4Runner TRD Pro white from Auburn Toyota at MSRP.

Spare Parts likes this.
  3. Sep 26, 2022 at 9:18 AM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:
    So is it my understanding I just find a dealership selling at MSRP and put my name on an allocation list and hope for the best? Also am I on a longer wait period for 2023's, as I see 2022's coming out still?

4. Sep 26, 2022 at 9:22 AM
    Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2022 Trd Pro 4runner
    Give the dealership a 500.00 deposit as well to show your serious. Its refundable if the dealership cannot get the vehicle you want.

5. Sep 26, 2022 at 10:27 AM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:
    Toyota Chattanooga TN- 10% over msrp unless you live within 45 miles
    Knoxville Toyota TN- Above MSRP
    Rusty Wallace TN- They said they now charge 1495 over msrp
    John Roberts Toyota TN- $2,000 market adjustment above MSRP. If you finance through us to one of our lenders, it would be $1,000 instead.
    Molle Toyota MS- They said they charge 300 over msrp but will only sell in MO or Kansas
    Coad Toyota KY - Sell at MSRP if within 250 miles, 500 non refund deposit
    Beaman Toyota TN- Says MSRP at dealer, but haven't had someone get back to me yet
    Riverside Toyota GA- 1000 deposit - didn't say if nonrefundable or not, was getting back to me
    Peppers Toyota TN- Said above, not taking any more allocations

Staying away from from previous threads
    Toyota North - Gallatin TN
    Toyota of Cool Springs TN- They said they were 5k over msrp

If anyone else has any other Tennessee dealers worth talking to or even Ky, AL, GA, I'm still doing research.

6. Sep 26, 2022 at 10:35 AM
    Pavo

Pavo New Member

Member:
    Yes but keep in mind the more popular the color model, more unlikely you will get it since everyone and their moms are ahead of you. For example trd off road premium lunar rock, there is already a ton of people still on the list waiting for 2022 that will get rolled on to the 2023 list. If you want a white or silver 2wd sr5 you'll probably get it no problem.

That being said since everyone is on the list at msrp dealers, if you're dead set on a popular color model pick up the phone and make calls, you will find a dealer who will have one. Probably won't be close to you and you might have to pay a little to a lot over but it can be done

7. Sep 26, 2022 at 10:40 AM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:
    Yeah Understandable, new to the process and the supply and demand. I found one but they want 2k over msrp and I have to finance with them non negotiable.

8. Sep 26, 2022 at 1:26 PM
    Pavo

Pavo New Member

Member:
    Depending on how bad you need/want it might not be a bad deal. You can refinance it, normally I would say never pay msrp but 2023 is most likely the last year of the 5th gen. You might be able to get msrp if you phone a ton of dealers but is saving 2k really worth it flying to another state etc. If you don't mind a used one and can wait a year or two the market will be flooded with a fire sale of used 4runners and every other car when the economy takes a massive shit

9. Sep 26, 2022 at 1:51 PM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:
    Yeah agreed, I wouldn’t fly versus paying the 2k. I put my name on the list at 3 dealers saying no msrp for now and I’ll play the waiting game. For me it’s more of the principal of you won’t even let me pay cash for the vehicle versus forcing me to finance with them only. I guess that’s part of the hill I chose to die on at the moment. I appreciate the conversation though.

10. Sep 26, 2022 at 2:06 PM
    Joe68RS

Joe68RS New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2023 Lunar Rock ORP
    Just put a deposit on a ‘23 Lunar Rock ORP for MSRP at Oxmoor Toyota in Louisville. Wife had a connection to the owner so not sure if they normally have a markup. Lucked out on finding it, called on Saturday and they had one allocated but no buyer yet. Supposed to be leaving Japan today with delivery some time in early November

CO1224 likes this.
  11. Sep 28, 2022 at 6:15 AM
    goatyoda

goatyoda New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 White TRD ORP
    I just snagged a '23 TRD ORP at MSRP from Toyota 101 in Redwood, CA.

Spare Parts, Henry J and GtownRunner like this.
  12. Sep 30, 2022 at 7:40 AM
    LuLu

LuLu New Member

Member:
    Utopia
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Sport
    OEM Crossbars OEM Hood Deflectors OEM Running Boards Tints
    It wouldn't be prudent to buy any vehicle above MRSP currently.
    I always buy thousands below MSRP until my last T4R. Paid MSRP.
    Its not a death or life situation.
    Just my 2c.

Spare Parts and Desert Dawg like this.
  13. Sep 30, 2022 at 8:03 AM
    CO1224

CO1224 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 ORP
    Your list is a little out of date for Colorado Springs, CO. Larry H Miller is no longer the owners of the two dealers in town. One is now Corwin Toyota and they are adding a several thousand markup (from what I have heard) and were horrible to try to work with. Toyota of Colorado Springs is not marking up but they have a long wait list for 4 runners and charge a $1000 refundable deposit to be on their waitlist. I just purchased from Pueblo Toyota in Pueblo and they did not mark up and were absolutely amazing to work with. They typically don't have much of a wait list. I walked in to get on their waitlist and they just happened to have what I wanted (TRD off road premium in Lunar Rock) already coming to them however it had KDSS on it and I did not want KDSS. They actually offered to split the cost of the KDSS so they reduced the price for me if I purchased. I also connected with Ken Garff Toyota in Cheyenne, WY. I got on a waitlist with them for no cost and they called me and offered me several and were on top of calling with what they got allocated every time. They are not marking up. If I had to do it again I would go back to Pueblo or go to Ken Garff.

catus and wsu_runner like this.
  14. Sep 30, 2022 at 2:51 PM
    muddyix

muddyix New Member

Member:
    AZ & TN
    Vehicle:
    '22 AG ORP
    What about Robinson Toyota in Jackson. I paid msrp for my ORP a few months ago.

Although I was in your shoes for a few months looking all over the nation and all the dealerships in TN and neighboring states first. I told all the dealerships what trim and color I was after (set on an AG ORP) I didn't care what accessories were on it. Turned out someone ordered mine over a year ago and when it arrived they didn't qualify so they called me. I was out of the state at the time, so I put a deposit on it and picked it up later that week.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  15. Oct 1, 2022 at 7:43 PM
    wsu_runner

wsu_runner Just lurking...

Member:
    Ken Garff treated me differently, perhaps because I was not as local as you. They advertised a Pro at MSRP but when I inquired they increased the price significantly. That's an excerpt of the discussion but based on that and the rest of the conversation I wouldn't trust them for a second. They're opportunists.

Congrats on Pueblo. I reached out to them but my timing must have been off. They're a smaller dealership by most accounts so they don't get the same allocation as others; for them to have nearly exactly what you're looking for (and willing to negotiate on the rest) is amazing.

CO1224[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Oct 1, 2022 at 7:55 PM
    CO1224

CO1224 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 ORP
    That is good to know on Ken Garff, their specifically told me they do not mark up and that was one of their selling points. I appreciate you weighing in on this and giving your experience. I am down in Colorado Springs so not local at all. I dealt with them all over the phone which is maybe the reason it was different. Yeah, I got super lucky with Pueblo and they treated me very well.

17. Oct 9, 2022 at 8:12 PM
    TexasMallCrawl

TexasMallCrawl New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Here in the DFW area, I know of 4 dealerships that are selling at MSRP.

- Family Toyota of Arlington & Burleson ($1,250 dealer add on but actually a solid deal). They currently have a 6+ month wait.

- Longo Toyota of Prosper (no markup or add-ons) Biggest issue here is a year long wait.

- Toyota of Fort Worth ($1,500 add-on).

What I’m noticing is that there are plenty of dealerships that don’t have markups but many have long waiting lists.

TexasFunRunner likes this.
  18. Oct 14, 2022 at 7:32 AM
    mac1usa

mac1usa New Member

Member:
    Neighbor was looking for SR5 and emailed Fiore Toyota in Holidaysburg PA and was quoted a $5k markup since he was a Michigan resident.

He just called me and was floored $5k markup.

I guess this a new form of discrimination.

All these dealers are getting bad reputation for if and when the economy turns around.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  19. Oct 14, 2022 at 10:19 AM
    Mickeyblue

Mickeyblue New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD ORP
    I live in Arizona. In December last year I needed a new 4Runner since my husband totaled his in November. I called everyone in my area (Central Arizona) and everyone who wasn’t charging a mark up was sold out as soon as they hit the lot. Earnhardt Toyota in Mesa had 22 on their lot, and they were charging at least $5k markup on all of them. I went in just to look and after an hour of back and forth, they offered me MSRP. They also made it clear that they wouldn’t sell out of state. It may sound cold-hearted, but I was glad, otherwise I’d have been out of luck at a really bad time and would have had to settle for some other vehicle. Californians are like vultures, they come to Arizona and buy up everything that they can get their hands on because our economy makes everything more affordable.

In short, sometimes they make those rules for a reason.

20. Oct 14, 2022 at 7:20 PM
    mac1usa

mac1usa New Member

Member:
    MickeyBlue

I get your perspective for sure. I can appreciate the spot you were in.

I just hope Michigan never becomes like California (sometimes it seems like it minus the weather). Hopefully we keep a better reputation out here.

I think Toyota needs to get with the dealers on this topic also. Ford and GM seem to be going down that path. In fact it seems Ford May shift to online orders only and prices will be online. So what value from sales perspective will dealers add. Dealers could be putting the nail in the coffin from a sales perspective as the industry changes.

Will customers simply order a car online without dealer involvement similar to Tesla now. If I owned a dealership I would tread carefully and try to work with other dealers to keep that business. Who wants to just repair cars. Plus as the industry of EV evolves it’s suggested less maintenance is required so I have read dealers will lose revenue on maintenance. So I would for sure want to make money on sales.

Everyone needs to make a profit and make a living but I just dislike seeing someone get gouged. Greed never works for people in the long run.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    Mickeyblue likes this.
  21. Oct 15, 2022 at 6:45 PM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:

I haven't gone that far out yet. I did get an email on one this morning, but was missing MTM which was a deal breaker for me. I guess we'll see how the Nov Allocation looks and maybe have to expand the search again.

22. Oct 15, 2022 at 7:16 PM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:
    Actually I think I did reach out to them after I did more research and they didn't make the short list for some reason. I looked them up too and with this it makes me believe it was some issue with they wanted me to finance with Toyota or something where I just couldn't take them a check.

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.13.14 PM.jpg

23. Oct 16, 2022 at 9:08 AM
    nikeadidas11

nikeadidas11 New Member

Member:
    Oxmoor isn’t selling outside the state.

24. Oct 18, 2022 at 9:44 PM
    jerbearski

jerbearski New Member

Member:
    Called and they are only selling to San Mateo county residents only. Don't have a problem with this policy, but want others to know before they call.

Also called Auburn Toyota and they will put you on the waitlist without a deposit, but you have to go in person.

Other dealers that are selling above MSRP in California:
    AutoNation Toyota Irvine - $15k above for TRD Pro
    Capistrano Valley Toyota - $5k above for TRD OF and $8.5k above for TRD Pro
    Culver City Toyota - $10k above
    DCH Toyota of Oxnard - $10k above for TRD Pro
    Frontier Toyota - Selling at MSRP but have a mandatory $4,495 for paint protection, etc.
    Kearny Mesa Toyota - Selling at MSRP but have mandatory $11k in "accessories"
    Mossy Toyota - $10k above
    Northridge Toyota - $15k above
    Puente Hills Toyota - $9,995 above PLUS $2,985 in dealer accessories for TRD Pro
    San Francisco Toyota - $5k above
    Santa Margarita Toyota - $5k above for TRD OF
    Simi Valley Toyota - $8k to $12k over depending on trim
    Thompsons Toyota of Placerville - $3k to $8k above. $8k above for TRD pro
    Thousand Oaks Toyota - $5k to $10k above depending on Trim. $10k above for TRD Pro
    Toyota of Glendale - $10k above
    Toyota of Lompoc - $3.5k above for TRD ORP
    Toyota of San Luis Obispo - $3k above for TRD OFP
    Toyota of Santa Barbara - $20k above for TRD Pro
    Toyota of Santa Maria - $7.5k above for TRD Pro
    Toyota of West Covina - $17k above for TRD Pro
    Toyota Place - Not willing to quote or share MSRP markup without going in person to negotiate
    Ventura Toyota - $7.5k above for TRD OFP
    West Coast Toyota - $5 to $7k above depending on trim

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  25. Oct 19, 2022 at 4:35 AM
    TexasMallCrawl

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Jeeze man, that's a whole lot of Yikes...

Have you tried some of the Toyota dealerships up north? I know a few folks who have been able to get 4Runner Pros at MSRP in the Bay Area. May also be worth reaching out to Longo Toyota. They've always done MSRP & so does their dealership out here in Prosper, TX.

TexasFunRunner likes this.
  26. Oct 19, 2022 at 6:31 AM
    Lockdown

Lockdown New Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2023 ORP Lunar Rock
    I put a deposit in at Longo 2 months ago. I was #95.

They called me yesterday and told me I'm 84 on the wait list.

That's about 10 4 Runners a month. So about 9-10 month wait

27. Oct 19, 2022 at 6:33 AM
    TexasMallCrawl

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Yuck. Well, nevermind on that then. I know the Longo out here in Texas is about a year deep on their waitlist too.

Idk. I get jumping on a list & willing to wait but twice this year, I've got myself on a few lists, kept searching & had a vehicle within 2 months of my search at MSRP.

I'm impatient, so I'm sure that's part of it but where there's a will, there's a way. Just depends how much time you want to put into the search.

28. Oct 19, 2022 at 8:02 AM
    Lockdown

Lockdown New Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2023 ORP Lunar Rock
    I spent about 3 days searching and was able to lock a Lunar Rock ORP with a $3k markup.

Better than waiting 10+ months

29. Oct 19, 2022 at 8:35 AM
    TexasMallCrawl

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Totally fair. Especially with LR. The harder to find colors make it tougher to get exactly what you want. So, if you find it, it's always smart to pull the trigger.

30. Oct 19, 2022 at 10:46 AM
    jerbearski

jerbearski New Member

Member:
    I have a few deposits placed and am on several waitlists. Longo won't take any more deposits on the TRD Pro so I'm waitlisted for the ORP in either Lunar Rock or Lime Rush and they said 6-12 months was their best guess. I would prefer the TRD Pro in Solar Octane and getting that at MSRP is proving to be difficult with Crown Toyota being the only one who would put me on their waitlist. They advised it could be a LONG time before I see one. Many dealers have them but won't budge on their markup due to the trim and special color. I'm not opposed to waiting, but it is pretty crazy what dealers are asking. Hoping to get one before the new model year at this point.

Products Discussed in

To Top