1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MSRP Dealerships- List Them

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by T4Rrunning, May 25, 2021.

?

Has this thread helped you or someone you know with a purchase?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Dec 23, 2021 at 8:28 AM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    Right?? I'm paying MSRP and feel like it's a bit high, lol

2. Dec 23, 2021 at 8:32 AM
    peaceloveandtattoos

peaceloveandtattoos New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Army Green ORP
    Trd pro skid plate, roof rack, wheels, tires and lift, predator tubes
    Agreed haha I’m not getting a pro (was going to but too much bs) but my ORP is almost the same cost as a pro because they’re adding all the pro accessories. It is high but it’s gonna be a sweet ass truck so I’m ok with it hahahah much enjoyment for years to come! At $80k one could get a Range Rover or some other luxury vehicle.

3. Dec 23, 2021 at 8:58 AM
    rickystl

rickystl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD/Off-Road Premium
    It's a shame that some dealers don't seem to mind building their reputations on fraud and deception. Their sales department usually views everything on a day by day basis. With the current market conditions, they are simply raping the customer. It's one thing for a dealer to charge a small market adjustment for a difficult to obtain vehicle. But it's something else to have your ears ripped off your head.
    I took delivery of my 21 TRD/ORP/MR in early May. I had a written agreement back in mid-March for $1,400.00 under MSRP. If I had waited just a couple more weeks in March, I probably would have to have paid MSRP+ I believe. I've noticed some dealers are marking up even ORP's with 2-5K market adjustments. LOL If my dealer had tried to change the price on the 4R at the time of delivery, I would have walked away from the deal and keep driving my FJ Cruiser for another year or two, and wait it out. So I consider myself lucky.
    There is a rumor that if the current shortage of chips and other parts continues through most of 2022, that Toyota might (?) be forced to continue with the 5th Generation into 2023. If so, that would offer many prospective buyers more reasonable opportunities I would assume.
    Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL. The members on this Forum have been an enormous help to me. Both before and after my purchase. Thank You !!

Back in 2016 my Brother purchased a left over new 2015 Tacoma 4X2 (what he wanted). Later, he took it in for a 15K mile service. The service adviser recommended he get the rear axle oil changed. This, at the first 15K service !!! LOL This is the type of thing that really turns off people towards dealerships.

4. Dec 23, 2021 at 10:14 AM
    wsu_runner

wsu_runner Just lurking...

Member:
    @Slikplate54 - Toyota Medford OR just added a White Pro to their website. Appears to be in transit. Note that at last check they were charging $3k over MSRP. If you contact them, check with Scott Weigand - helpful guy and a straight shooter.

5. Dec 23, 2021 at 4:28 PM
    slixx1320

slixx1320 New Member

Member:
    Desert Toyota $5k mark up on pro. Got this email from their sales assistance by the name of Glenda Wood!!

“Sir, with all due respect no one sells pros at msrp. Please let us know if we can help"

And I replied, “their are dealers that absolutely sell at MSRP”.

This is what he/she replied back with, I’m in disbelief!

“Sir i am just wondering if you can get it at msrp why shop around that is all.”

I reply with "because it's a free market"!!

With this demeanor, I can only imagine a FTF transaction w/ this sale person. He/she or Glenda will scold you for speaking your mind.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  6. Dec 23, 2021 at 7:29 PM
    Surfinjoe

Surfinjoe New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush Pro
    Yep, Val at Avondale was straight about numbers being MSRP, just had a LOT of folks in line for Pros.

semprenissart[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Dec 24, 2021 at 10:16 PM
    Slimer_Offroad

Slimer_Offroad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro
    None yet
    Bobby Rahul Toyota in Mechanicsburg. MSRP and only a 3 week wait. The guy that put the deposit down originally changed his mind to a Tundra TRD Pro and I was in the right place at the right time and jumped on it. This dealer does not mark up any vehicle over MSRP and I did not even have to put a deposit on the Pro I figured they were going to hit me with hey someone outbid you but no they honored the handshake that it was my truck. I will be buying all my cars from them in the future but I am not getting rid of my Lime Rush ever.

8. Dec 29, 2021 at 7:58 AM
    Dragonball

Dragonball New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 MGM TRD Pro
    So I'm in the market for a 2022 TRD Off Road Premium in Grey or Lunar Rock and these are my experiences with Dealerships in AZ.

Avondale Toyota - Straight MSRP. No markups or add-ons required. $500 deposit and a decently long waiting list though.
    Surprise Toyota - MSRP + $500 Tint (required)
    Larry H Miller Toyota - 6k markup (negotiable) but no thanks
    Bell Toyota - Using Costco Auto Program, $500 under MSRP but has add-ons like tint, appearance protection, etc for $1500 (I don't think these are required though)
    Camelback Toyota - Dealer markup but forgot how much
    Riverview Toyota - MSRP + $ for lift kit install
    Precision Toyota Tucson - MSRP
    Alexander Toyota Yuma - MSRP + optional addons
    Right Toyota - 5k markup + 1.3k Tint/Paint Protection Package (I don't recommend this dealership based on personal experience due to dirty salesman tactics. They won't have my business for sure)

9. Dec 29, 2021 at 8:07 AM
    4wheelgreg

4wheelgreg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Bensalem Pa
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Pro
    Just picked up a 2022 Pro Lime Rush , my local dealer in Pa just outside Philadelphia Faulkner had my number they know I buy a lot of vehicles called me out of the blue with a 2022 , I think some one ordered it and never picked it up , I was a cash buyer paid MSRP no markup and $600 for fees and I was out the door last week .

BF7EF6D8-B9BA-4355-A387-D422166F73CB.jpg

10. Dec 29, 2021 at 8:21 AM
    YetiMtnBkr

YetiMtnBkr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro
    None
    I had a Lunar Rock Pro fall into my lap in May the same way, but they did charge me $2,000 above MSRP.

11. Jan 3, 2022 at 2:55 PM
    chris4639

chris4639 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Just was speaking to Wyler Toyota in Indiana. Wanted $2,500 market adjustment, I brought it down to MSRP, but they refuse to sell you the car without some ceramic coating that’s not a real coating and dent protection and other services that total up to $3,300. It was a 2022 ORP. So I’ll be looking for one still.

Spare Parts likes this.
  12. Jan 3, 2022 at 3:38 PM
    Green Ghost

Green Ghost New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro
    RSG Sliders, PPF & Tint
    Check with Peppers Toyota in Paris Tennessee. The do MSRP and didn't try to sell me other stuff. They even picked us up in Nashville since we flew in from Colorado mid -December.

13. Jan 3, 2022 at 4:08 PM
    stryderlis

stryderlis New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Lunar Rock TRD ORP
    That sucks! Most dealers around Minnesota(there are exceptions) are selling ORPs at msrp.I had to compromise but currently have a deposit down on a ORP lunar rock at MSRP about 1.5 hrs away. It’s eta is the last week of January. It had everything I wanted minus kdss, I just gave up on that color and kdss combo because I need a vehicle(my wife’s Honda Odyssey was considered total lose last Thursday).

I found one that had everything I wanted in Chicago but they are charging a required extra 4900 for a gps device and some interior and exterior paint protection. They basically said at least we are giving you something instead of just marking up.

14. Jan 3, 2022 at 8:59 PM
    chris4639

chris4639 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    @Green Ghost
    Will definitely give them a call. It doesn’t appear that they currently have any ORP’s but most dealers are being told this Wednesday what their allocations hold for the next month, so hopefully one comes up. I’m pretty much looking for one that’s just got the premium plus package for the MTS, and the sunroof. Thanks for the suggestion.

15. Jan 3, 2022 at 8:59 PM
    chris4639

chris4639 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    They said the same thing to me but I mean all these add ons for stuff I don’t want, and they wouldn’t even let me see the details of the add on’s until I signed the paper work. After I said I wasn’t gonna opt for that stuff he told me take my business to another dealer and hung up on me. It is what it is. Also, what dealer gave you MSRP with no add on’s?

16. Jan 3, 2022 at 11:35 PM
    stryderlis

stryderlis New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Lunar Rock TRD ORP
    In MN, the Luther dealership chain is doing MSRP but I'm a returning customer so they are doing 500 under MSRP. I put a refundable deposit down for them to locate a Lunar Rock ORP with KDSS(their estimates are 4-6 months). They haven't located anything for me yet so I found a Lunar Rock ORP at Toyota Mankato this past Saturday and put a deposit down on that and will be picking that up the last week of January when it gets here.

17. Jan 4, 2022 at 4:19 AM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    Yeah, MN seems pretty good. I'm getting a Pro from St Cloud at MSRP.

18. Jan 4, 2022 at 5:12 AM
    Green Ghost

Green Ghost New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro
    RSG Sliders, PPF & Tint
    @chris4639
    Call Amy Workman 731-540-4440, tell them Bryan - picked up Lime Rush mid-December referred. Good Luck

19. Jan 4, 2022 at 8:21 AM
    cuse93

cuse93 New Member

Member:
    I believe a worthwhile strategy is to wait until the last day of the month and start calling dealers with MSRP offers for any on-site vehicles that they have....... they are very monthly driven in terms of numbers ....at least they are in the Northeast.

20. Jan 4, 2022 at 8:25 AM
    rickystl

rickystl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    It's really sad to read how some dealers are treating their prospects. Sign of the times I guess. I don't envy you guys having to search the entire USA in some cases. It's one thing for a dealer to charge MSRP, but what's with all the add-ons ? Sometimes in the thousands of dollars. Unless ordered that way by a specific customer, the dealer has no way of knowing if any buyer wants all those add-ons. Which brings me to a theory I have:
    The options that are not provided on the assembly line in Japan, but added Port Side or through the dealer, are likely very profitable for the dealership - and just as important, commissionable to the sales department. And with the current market, and shortage of 4R's, the inevitable greed steps in. They likely figure someone (sooner than later) will bite the bullit and just accept whats available on the dealer's terms. Unfortunately, it is still a sellers market. I wish you guys all the luck.

I just read that the pricing for used vehicles is up 49% from a year ago !!!

21. Jan 4, 2022 at 8:30 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    interesting, as I just checked the trade value of my taco, and its down by about 3 grand.

22. Jan 4, 2022 at 8:33 AM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    Maybe in a typical market. But right now they don't exactly have a lot full of cars they need to sell. Everything is selling as fast as they can get them. Any tricks or ideas based on the leverage of the buyer is useless right now.

rickystl likes this.
  23. Jan 4, 2022 at 8:40 AM
    rickystl

rickystl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    I realize some need a new vehicle right away. But if you can, keep driving what you have for another 3-4 months and see what the market looks like then.

Spare Parts likes this.
  24. Jan 5, 2022 at 10:09 AM
    BAAM_4runner

BAAM_4runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachel
    Vehicle:
    22 4rnr pro Lime Rush
    Damn, I'm having my boyfriend contact them...he's a salesman to see if he can swindle down their market adjustment that they have yet to tell me about. What's there average market adjustment? I've just seen the MSRP price...

25. Jan 5, 2022 at 10:13 AM
    capn00

capn00 New Member

Member:
    They wanted a $5K market adjustment on a TRD ORP I was talking to them about. I didn’t buy it.

neverEnoughRice likes this.
  26. Jan 5, 2022 at 10:15 AM
    BAAM_4runner

BAAM_4runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachel
    Vehicle:
    22 4rnr pro Lime Rush
    I'm having him call them regarding a pro, so if he doesn't get it where he wants it, he will tell them no. I had him do it because I have SUCKER written all over my face and I don't want to get had. They have exactly what I want and it's so disappointing to see them doing those crazy market adjustments...ugh.

neverEnoughRice and 2Toys like this.
  27. Jan 5, 2022 at 10:46 AM
    qc.runner

qc.runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2021 Xpel Stealth Magnetic Gray Metallic 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Prinsu Full Roof Rack Baja Designs Light Bars, Ditch, Chase KC Rock Lights Black Rhino Abrams Fox Mid Travel 2.5 DSC Suspension Kit (Tundra Rear) S&B Cold Air Intake JLT Oil Separator ARB Dual Air Comp SD Offroad Mount Tray Switch Pros OEM Audio Plus Full Audio System Taco Vinyl TRD Pro Grille Level 3 Autoworks Xpel Stealth PPF Super Springs Bump Stops Dobinsons Springs Front Diff Drop Meso Customs Interior Trim Expedition Essentials Dash Mount Anytime Backup Camera Front Cam Cplay2air Wireless CarPlay Running4Tacos Accessories and Gear Throttle Grenade 4x4 Throttle Controller AJT Designs Accessories
  28. Jan 5, 2022 at 1:56 PM
    Slimer_Offroad

Slimer_Offroad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro
    None yet
    Right on the front page of my dealer's website. Jason Webber was my salesman. I have worked at dealers in the past and in all my years in the industry, this was the most standup honest dealer I have ever seen.
    upload_2022-1-5_16-56-15.jpg

29. Jan 5, 2022 at 5:15 PM
    slixx1320

slixx1320 New Member

Member:
    I thought you already placed a deposit on a TRD Pro at a dealership? Is this the same dealer you have your deposit with?

30. Jan 5, 2022 at 7:09 PM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman New Member

Member:
    SF Bay
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Spare Parts and purplemoon33 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top