1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MSRP Dealerships- List Them

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by T4Rrunning, May 25, 2021.

?

Has this thread helped you or someone you know with a purchase?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Nov 30, 2021 at 1:02 PM
    slixx1320

slixx1320 New Member

Member:
    Toyota of Des Moines Iowa has no mark up.

Just got my 22 ORP delivered. Could've gotten it from a Ca dealer but opted to stay with them due their 20years/200k mile limited power train warranty on all new vehicles and I wouldn't have to wait 4-6 months if ordered from a Ca dealer. Not sure how good the warranty will be if and when the time comes that I'll need the warranty, but crossing my fingers.

2. Dec 2, 2021 at 3:05 PM
    GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro - Black

UPDATE: I TAKE THIS ONE BACK - Sort of... I still don't like that they tried the "add-on" approach, but I got them to back off it with some hard negotiating. I was waiting until my deal got further along to update this. They called me back and re-negotiated back to MSRP. So it's not out of the question. I think the fact that I have a trade-in (2016 F150) helped get that "resistall" add-on pulled back - I guess they figure to make up for that with the profit on my trade. They still agreed to match my Car Max offer, so I'm happy. Also, by trading, I take advantage of the tax benefits of being a Maryland resident (only pay sales tax on the residual difference between MSRP and trade value - saves me about $1800 in this case... ) plus, the also agreed to match my pre-approved Navy Federal Credit Union interest rate which also gets me a $750 military rebate for using their financing.

I DID (because of their original stance) insist on a Signed Pricing Details sheet. The TRD Pro is at the port, in processing, due to arrive at the dealer the week of 13 Dec. Will report in here once deal is done (one way or the other) to confirm it was above-board.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  3. Dec 2, 2021 at 7:56 PM
    Antman

Antman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner off-road premium, 2022 Tacoma
    2021 4Runner: King Coilovers King rear shocks Camburg UCA’s Spc rear Trail arms Icon 52700 rear springs Icon panhard bar SCS Ray10’s Rci Sliders Rci Full Skids 2022 Tacoma Offroad: King Coilovers King rear shocks Deaver leaf springs Camburg UCA Scs Gen 5 Bamf front hybrid bumper Rci Full Skids Rci Sliders
    they doing sales for customers out of area?

4. Dec 2, 2021 at 9:44 PM
    LandCruiser

LandCruiser I have Toyotas

Member:
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen OG TE
    Oakland.

5. Dec 3, 2021 at 5:57 AM
    slixx1320

slixx1320 New Member

Member:
    Yep, sure do. Mine is sitting in my driveway!

6. Dec 3, 2021 at 6:05 AM
    Surfinjoe

Surfinjoe New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush Pro
    I’m in if its available

7. Dec 4, 2021 at 1:20 PM
    neverEnoughRice

neverEnoughRice New Member

Member:
    I ordered a TRD Off-Road Premium in Army Green from Curry Toyota in Cortlandt Manor, NY near the end of August at MSRP. I've talked to other dealerships and some to note: Fitzgerald Toyota Gaithersburg wanted $995 markup on a ORP and Koons Annapolis Toyota wanted $10k on one. Both in Maryland

8. Dec 4, 2021 at 5:19 PM
    YetiMtnBkr

YetiMtnBkr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro
    None
    I went to my closest Toyota dealership today (Darcars Toyota - Frederick, MD) for my 10,000 mile oil change. There were four 4R's onsite to include a 22 MGM Pro with a $8,995 markup. Came back three hours later and the MGM Pro was gone (don't know if sold). The remaining 4R's were 2 Army Green and 1 Blue.

9. Dec 6, 2021 at 12:43 PM
    neverEnoughRice

neverEnoughRice New Member

Member:
    Another dealership in, Younger Toyota in Hagertown, Maryland has told me that they are charging $5000 markup on customers >100 miles from their dealership and $3000 markup on customers within 100 miles.

10. Dec 6, 2021 at 12:57 PM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    How much for a customer sitting in their show room? What a bunch of bull shit, your price depends on how far you travel, shouldn’t it be the other way around. You traveling 200 miles to buy from our dealership, we will give you a great deal for traveling, NOT.

slixx1320 likes this.
  11. Dec 6, 2021 at 1:17 PM
    YetiMtnBkr

YetiMtnBkr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro
    None
    When I bought the 2021 LR Pro in May from Jim Coleman Toyota in Bethesda, MD they wanted to make sure I was local (27.4 miles away according to google). There are two closer dealerships to my house. I don't know what their distance restriction was. I think it is to prevent more affluent buyers from different areas of the country or that region snagging allocations from less affluent / less volume areas - I am guessing! The Maryland / Northern Virginia area of Washington, DC is an affluent / high volume area, so I don't know why that would apply here. The higher ups at Toyota must want an equal distribution of vehicles.

Spare Parts likes this.
  12. Dec 6, 2021 at 1:27 PM
    GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro - Black
    My thought is that it's more of a dealer-to-dealer fairness issue. If a dealer is gouging with mark-ups, they're doing because they think it's somehow "fair", i.e. supply and demand, etc... so they don't want other dealers being ACTUALLY fair to buyers and undercutting their business, maybe?

It COULD also be that they feel like they will make future $$ on maintenance/service if they keep their buyers local - and that makes up for NOT pushing the markups... if the sell to someone 1000 miles away, they'll never get any maintenance / servicing profit from them.

DEFINITELY NOT, trying to defend the practice... I think the markups are total B.S. for a business who hopes to generate return customers. I DO intend to continue to patronize the dealers that are not marking up, well beyond this supply chain crisis. I think the lists on this forum should live on - make them pay for being greedy even when they can no longer support doing so.

13. Dec 6, 2021 at 1:48 PM
    Green Ghost

Green Ghost New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro
    RSG Sliders, PPF & Tint
    Charging what the market will bear - that's the problem now. People are being foolish and supporting the price gouging:spending: - that's why I'll be picking mine up in Tennessee and drive it 1100 miles back (plus love a road trip). I fully intend to stay out of the local dealerships (they're on the list of shame in this thread) as much as possible. They 1. Tried to gouge me, 2. Tried to talk me out of my color choice (Lime Rush) - supposedly would hurt resale (I don't intend to sell it for quite some time) 3. When they found I was going elsewhere, they made the statement "You'll be coming to us for your servicing" - fat chance with that attitude:censored:

14. Dec 6, 2021 at 2:24 PM
    YetiMtnBkr

YetiMtnBkr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro
    None
    Same thing with the current housing market! Buyers are willing to pay cash above the appraised value to ensure they buy that house. Supply and demand! It does not matter to those that have the means to do so. Stock market has been up (down of late), housing values are up, interest rates are low, and they have been gainfully employed throughout this Covid mess. The upper arm of the K recovery at work!

I paid $2,000 above MSRP for a 21 Lunar Rock Pro in May. I wasn't happy about that markup since that same dealership told me they did not mark up above MSRP just a month prior. But, I knew only $2,000 above MSRP for a LR Pro was a "good" deal in May and a ultimately a better deal today. $3,000 above MSRP was my principled limit at the time! I hope I would have stuck to my guns on that! I left the dealership wondering if I had said no to the $2,000 markup would they have sold it at MSRP? I think they would have told me to go pound sand because they could have sold that vehicle in 24 hours for $5,000 above MSRP if they wanted to. I got $4,000 more on my trade in than I was expecting and I am self employed so the vehicle is a write-off. Thus, the $2,000 above MSRP was not a deal breaker.

I still don't think I would pay more than $3,000 above MSRP today for a 4R today!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  15. Dec 7, 2021 at 3:38 AM
    Lucky_13

Lucky_13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    Still shopping....Damn the shortages
    Commence mod sequence in 4--3--2--1.... Broke! We have bankruptcy!
    Congrats! Look forward to seeing pics and hearing how it goes with folks there in Paris. Looks like someone is gonna have a very Merry Christmas!

peaceloveandtattoos likes this.
  16. Dec 10, 2021 at 1:18 PM
    Co-Star

Co-Star New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro
    One more to the naughty and intimidation list: Toyota of Boerne (Texas)

On Dec 09, 2021, at 6:26 PM, xxx at Toyota of Boerne wrote:

"I have a 2019 TRD Pro 4Runner selling at MSRP. Only has 63k miles. This one is priced at $53,000

My 2022 are selling at MSRP plus my dealer adds and a small market adjustment. You can do a search online for the lime rush green, preowned are selling for 75k+ my new will be less.

If you are a serious buyer and must have the pro, you'll need to pay the full price. Otherwise save yourself 10k-15k and buy a trd offroad premium and upgrade it yourself for less. I have attached a PDF with those options.

FYI MSRP no longer stands for Manufacture Suggested Retail Price it now mean Manufactures Starting Retail Price.

My deposit is $500. I will need a copy of your drivers license. Will you be placing it on a Credit /Debit card or dropping off a check?"

Then my response:

Thanks xxxx. I'll keep looking. I'm not in a hurry.

His Reply:

Keep looking for what exactly? A Pro at msrp... like I said youll have to go pre owned to get it at msrp any where in the country. Lets just move forward on the new 4Runner that you really want so you don't have to worry about looking any more. Time is money.

xxxx
    Toyota of Boerne

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  17. Dec 10, 2021 at 1:19 PM
    nicko524

nicko524 New Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '22 LR TRD ORP
    [loading]
    Add John Elway's Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA. I was able to purchase my 22' LR ORP for MSRP.

6uam671_T4R and Spare Parts like this.
  18. Dec 10, 2021 at 1:26 PM
    peaceloveandtattoos

peaceloveandtattoos New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Army Green ORP
    Trd pro skid plate, roof rack, wheels, tires and lift, predator tubes
    Been talking to Riverview Toyota in Mesa, Arizona. They have no markup (that I can tell so far) and seem pretty motivated to make a deal. No pros in stock currently. No markup on anything, they say.

19. Dec 10, 2021 at 2:33 PM
    jasonmcelroy

jasonmcelroy Recovering perfectionist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Grey Trail
    Bilsteins, KO2, sound system, RedArc towing
    I live in San Jose . . . for the six years I've lived here home buyers can expect to pay from $150k to $500K over asking on a house. It is automatic, not just a few cases that make the news.

Everyone says they believe in free markets . . . until it's time to do free market things ;-0

Jason

20. Dec 10, 2021 at 4:56 PM
    peaceloveandtattoos

peaceloveandtattoos New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Army Green ORP
    Trd pro skid plate, roof rack, wheels, tires and lift, predator tubes
    It’s done! Contract signed on a ‘22 ORP in AG being delivered 12/27! Trd pro lift, wheels and tires, skid plate, black emblems and roof rack as well as predator tube steps being installed. She’s got a moonroof and I am SO EXCITED!! $59k with all the accessories/lift added. No markup at Riverview Toyota in Mesa.

siblue and T4Rrunning[OP] like this.
  21. Dec 10, 2021 at 5:30 PM
    BionicRandy

BionicRandy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    TX Hill Country
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black SR5 aka the Batmobile
    Lots of goodies
    D1063340-CBB0-4E91-89DB-8ED7B58AF1A9.jpg ABADB44A-98BC-4AE5-A594-8E3EDDD24B69.jpg Madness! It is truly shameful.

22. Dec 10, 2021 at 5:38 PM
    wsu_runner

wsu_runner Just lurking...

Member:
    Still working on finalizing my deal for a 2022 MGM TRD Pro but have been talking to many (most?) of the dealerships in the Western US. I imagine some of this is already on the list but too much for me to try and reconcile right now so sharing it all as an FYI. All references are specific to my search for a new 2022 TRD Pro.

First, I'll echo that Autonation Toyota Tempe is bad news. Sent me a quote on an inbound Pro at $5k over MSRP and then ghosted me completely even though I decided to eat the $5k and said I wanted to buy. Several emails, submitted my trade info for an offer, even started their 'Start this purchase online' and never heard from them. Sent a final note to the sales rep to thank him for ghosting which he responded to with a cryptic message two minutes later.

On the good news front, Scott Wiegand at Lithia Toyota in Medford, OR is a good guy. They are at $3k over MSRP but he's a straight shooter and there's only one person on their wait list. Call him if you're in the area and can stomach the $3k market adjustment.

MSRP (good guys list)
    • Toyota Sunnyvale CA
    • Toyota Walnut Creek CA
    • Mountain States Toyota, Denver CO (in-state purchasers only)
    • Stapp Interstate Toyota, Frederick CO
    • Turner Toyota, Montrose CO
    • Parker Toyota, Couer d'Alene ID (local purchasers only)
    • Toyota of Prosper, Prosper TX
    • Burien Toyota, Burien WA
    Close to MSRP
    • John Elway Crown Toyota, Ontario CA - MSRP + $899 security system
    • Gresham Toyota, Gresham OR - MSRP + $995 of dealer-installed items: door handle cups, a year of paintless dent removal, etc. It's actually one of the best most reasonable lists of dealer-installed extras I've seen
    • Durango Motor Company, Durango CO - $1k over MSRP
    • Dolan Toyota, Reno NV - MSRP + $1298 in dealer add-ons
    • Toyota of Fayetteville, Fayetteville AR - MSRP + $2k exterior 'diamond coating' package
    • Lithia Toyota, Medford OR - $3k over MSRP
    • Jim Bagan Toyota, South Lake Tahoe NV - $3k over MSRP
    Gross offenders
    • $15-20k over - DCH Toyota (Oxnard CA). Toyota of Temecula (Temecula CA), Culver City, Gilroy, Manhattan Beach, Norm Reeves (San Diego), Simi Valley
    • $10-15k over - Victory Toyota (Seaside CA), Toyota of Escondido (CA), Toyota Prescott (AZ), Mossy Toyota (San Diego), Toyota Vandergriff (Arlington TX), Concord Toyota (CA), Larry H Miller Boulder (CO), Stevinson Toyota (Denver CO), Lithia Toyota/Springfield (OR), South Bay Toyota (Gardena CA), Western Slope Toyota (Grand Junction CO), Autonation Las Vegas, Toyota of Orange (CA), Performance Toyota (Salt Lake City), Thousand Oaks (CA), Desert Toyota Tucscon, Fowler Toyota (Tulsa OK), Amaar's Toyota Vacaville (CA)
    Sorry for the lengthy (first) post. Wanted to share the info I've collected during my search in the hopes it will help others find their next 4Runner.

23. Dec 10, 2021 at 6:49 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 T4R Pro Lime Rush, 996TT
    Philpotts Toyota in Nederland, TX. Just made a purchase for MSRP! :yay:55397716-9837-4F4F-B504-264C8A54E534.jpg

24. Dec 10, 2021 at 7:07 PM
    Surfinjoe

Surfinjoe New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush Pro
    Congrats!!

25. Dec 11, 2021 at 10:08 AM
    blackpearl2007

blackpearl2007 New Member

Member:
    Congrats! Personally I really like that color..looks great in the light and dark. Awesome

26. Dec 11, 2021 at 11:48 AM
    Jonjc5159

Jonjc5159 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 Venture KDSS
    Thanks for the info, good to know some folks not completely gouging consumers, no better here in the Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach area! Gross!

2641E3D5-CD3A-4F63-A61A-56AA2488A13F.jpg

wsu_runner[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. Dec 11, 2021 at 1:17 PM
    IMLGND

IMLGND New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Army Green 4Runner TRD ORP
    4R Stealth.jpg

Paid MSRP at SMART Toyota Madison WI. Very good dealer with fair expectations! I found my truck on the website in transit, went to the dealer and just filled out some paperwork to reserve it. No money down or deposit. Just a credit check authorization that worked out just fine.

Spare Parts and Jonjc5159 like this.
  28. Dec 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM
    JimA

JimA New Member

Member:

I think there is a small flood of new ones happening- I expect delivery of my ORP/KDSS/Moonroof/PPPackage a week from Monday at MSRP -so far so good. Worst gouge I heard was from a dealer in Macon GA- $7K--- plus I think things changed since I put my order in as I am an out of state buyer for one of these dealers- I was talking to more dealers later in my search that would not sell out of state my thought is I was grandfathered in

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  29. Dec 11, 2021 at 2:02 PM
    JimA

JimA New Member

Member:

Posted this elsewhere as well but I think there is a small flood of 4Rs happening- seems like lots of 'delivery' talk on the forum- things may turn quickly?

30. Dec 11, 2021 at 7:48 PM
    Green Ghost

Green Ghost New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lime Rush TRD Pro
    RSG Sliders, PPF & Tint
    Mine got delivered at the dealership this morning in Tennessee - will be flying out there and picking up on Thursday morning.
    Only been since end of October, but seemed like forever . MSRP at Peppers Toyota
    image952001.jpg
    Fresh off of the truck - cloudy day there after the storms
    image951002.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top