1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got denied my free oil change today

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Allaboutfamily, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 18, 2019 at 9:46 AM
    danssr5

danssr5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2017 sr5 premium 4x4
    bridgestone revo 3 5100's @2.5/1.5. Stock springs & rear daystar 1.5" spacers
    Toyota pulled this Shit on my tacoma. and then I traded it in. And those assholes changed the oil before the sold it!

Reminds me of the movie "The quick and the dead"

"What a surprise, John, you changing the rules"

2. Sep 18, 2019 at 9:48 AM
    Allaboutfamily

Allaboutfamily [OP] Regular Hound Dog

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle:
    2019 4runner trd off road premium

I hate car dealers with a passion. I know all their damn tricks.

KSJ08 and skull like this.
  3. Sep 18, 2019 at 10:03 AM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    What am I being negative about? I see a grown man saying he want to tell a service manager "he won" hahahahahha. I think my 11 year old talks like that.

For your family's safety over a bad dealership experience hahahahahahah.

O god I'm done thanks for the laugh. Don't forget to get mad at the next dealer for not changing your blinker fluid.

Compromised 4Runner likes this.
  4. Sep 18, 2019 at 10:07 AM
    Allaboutfamily

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle:

Dude you’re nothing but a troll so I certainly hope you’re done. Good bye felisha!!

5. Sep 18, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    Sorry dude just stating facts that you can't seem to comprehend.

and its Bye, Felicia...................

Have a good one.

6. Sep 18, 2019 at 10:17 AM
    2016Pro

2016Pro Why all of the Pro hate?

Member:
    Dont feed the trolls

4Runner fun and KSJ08 like this.
  7. Sep 18, 2019 at 12:21 PM
    Firefly21

Firefly21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane Frazier
    Vehicle:
    18 off road premium trd
    Hid lows 3500 drl / high Led interior Led reverse Led oem fogs Sequential blinker Trd intake Unifilter pump mod Apex recover points BF Goodrich KO2 (matching trd spare) Kicker front tweeters Tvd overlays S2 yellow wide fogs Apex black sequential rear tails Cartrim home blue convex mirriors
    You guys are making me read “SR5 Limited” post to avoid the negativity ;)

Heres my dealer story sent the below 3x. No reply.

I Arrived early for 8:00am 15,000 Toyota care appointment. I added a customer paid oil change to the order.
    After 1.5 hours vehicle was returned without the tires rotated.
    The work slip had no indication it was not done. I was not notified it was not done.
    In the past I placed the anti-theft key in the cup holder for the tech. I forgot this time and had the intake employee call to verify it was not done. She did - no rotation.
    So I wonder if anything was done at all?
    What is done the 15,000 inspection if the primary driver of the appointment wasn’t done?
    Its 2019; a simple call to the intake person could have had her ask where the lock nut was. It’s in the center console.
    I have heard dealer horror stories and thought your dealership had a president service award or something so with Toyota care I figured I would let you service my $40,000 vehicle. I have lost all confidence in any service provided by your service team. How could I not? The intake lady offered to have it done immediately and gave me the oil change for free but after 1.5 hours already for a rotation that didn’t happen and an oil change that I now hoped happened I decided I would waste the rest of my Saturday morning rotating my own tires to make sure it was done.

Also on the slip it said my brakes were checked and they were ok. How can you properly check brake pad ware without removing the wheel?

As I started to begin to rotate my tires I noticed my skid plate was installed incorrectly or bent. It was covered in oil so I now assume at least the oil was changed. This generated a return trip to your dealership 2 hours after I just left. They sent it to the shop to get someone else to look at it and said a spacer was left off and they did fix it. So now I have 4 hours and two trips to the dealer tied up and tires remain unrotated.

I apologize if this comes of curt but not to make a simple call or to not note it was not done is inexcusable. I’m not on Facebook or other social media so I will not post this experience but if asked by family or friends I will gladly relay my experience. -as for the 20,000 and all remaining services oil & tires will be done by me and anything major I am now forced to the dealer in PA.

I just would like you to try and keep others from this experience- at least ask if you need help and certainly state this work could not be completed due to X.

skull likes this.
  8. Sep 18, 2019 at 8:49 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    I didn't read the whole thread but, I believe part of the power factor has to to do with bigger tires than stock and no regear. Could always supercharge it, And/or re gear of course.

As far as the oil change goes, my dealer wouldn't do it at 5000 miles because the change interval for the free oil changes is 10000 miles. I ended up paying for the 5000 mile change but it was around $46, not near as much as they wanted to charge you. Using the rims and tires as an excuse is BS. I hope corporate follows through.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    KSJ08 likes this.
  9. Sep 19, 2019 at 3:38 AM
    4x Old Guy

4x Old Guy New Member

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver TRD Off-road Premium
    Big-O Bigfoot A/T tires
    My local dealer (a really large outfit owned by a former NFL quarterback, that I didn’t buy my T4R from) seems to be on top of their service, but I can’t say for sure because I can’t stand and watch them actually do the work.

Once the “free” changes are over, I will be going back to my favorite Big-O tire dealer (where I bought my AT tires) for the oil changes (it costs about the same for them to do the oil change as it would for me to buy the oil and filter to do it myself). I can stand just outside the service bay and watch them do the work. I’ve been a fleet mechanic (too old to do my own now) so I know what they’re supposed to be doing. But if I didn’t know, they wouldn’t know that (but it keeps them honest). If you watch them do a few changes, you’ll learn what the normal procedures are. You’ll then know about what to expect the next time and be able to question them if something doesn’t seem right or you just want to know what they’re doing so you can learn (You can also watch a few YouTube videos to learn what is supposed to be done, not necessarily to do it yourself, but to at least be an educated onlooker).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  10. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:18 AM
    j cat

j cat New Member

Member:
    massachusetts
    spacer lift front 1inch
    last year I talked to the service manager at the dealership where I purchased my 2016 runner. he said the oil used in 2016 was not fully synthetic. he said now all engines have synthetic engine oil.
    the question I asked him was , my new runner had oil sludge in it .. I changed my oil at 3K miles with synthetic and no sludge .. now no sludge ever since I did my oil change.. that is why he gave that answer on 2016 runners, had non synthetic from factory..
    I am not gonna put bigger tires on my runner .. lower MPG and less power. I which I had a V8 like my family member still has..

11. Sep 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    DGP1961

DGP1961 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Premium
    ok well again we can go back and forth forever not worth either of our time. Last I knew (and I'm not a chemist or mechanic) new fangled oil weights like 0W-20 only comes in synthetic or at the very least semi synthetic so their not messing with that. Yup, I know lots of vehicles today take 5W..... but not going there. I've done my research and found a mechanic I like, honest to a fault. I'll keep going to him, he takes care of me. Take care of your back you only get one. :yes:

12. Sep 19, 2019 at 11:52 AM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    The dealer rotated my aftermarket tires and wheels. I decided to stop using the free service when my i got the truck back with fresh oil and a fresh scratch on the driver's side.

KSJ08 and WallyT4R like this.
  13. Sep 19, 2019 at 10:08 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Your service manager is full of crap.

Agent_Outside, KSJ08 and wmdtech like this.
  14. Sep 19, 2019 at 10:10 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Correct every 0W20 oil is full synthetic

Agent_Outside and KSJ08 like this.
  15. Sep 20, 2019 at 5:26 AM
    93civEJ1

93civEJ1 New Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 LE 4Runner
    All i read in this thread is a bunch of whining. Yeah I would have contacted corp too, but your still going on and on. I think you maybe need a VW bug.

16. Sep 20, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    Thatbassguy

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    *you're

:boink:

17. Sep 20, 2019 at 1:32 PM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman New Member

Member:
    SF Bay
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    It does sound like the OP has a few screws loose in his head. He also sounds insecure especially the way he keeps trying to brag about his wife in every other sentence.

18. Sep 20, 2019 at 3:57 PM
    Firefly21

Firefly21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane Frazier
    Vehicle:
    18 off road premium trd
    Hid lows 3500 drl / high Led interior Led reverse Led oem fogs Sequential blinker Trd intake Unifilter pump mod Apex recover points BF Goodrich KO2 (matching trd spare) Kicker front tweeters Tvd overlays S2 yellow wide fogs Apex black sequential rear tails Cartrim home blue convex mirriors
    There should be an unlike tab to hit as well as Like. i would use it for the above post

We are here together to help and appreciate the 4runner. not to belittle or spread hate.

19. Sep 20, 2019 at 8:57 PM
    2016Pro

2016Pro Why all of the Pro hate?

Member:
    Yea that poster is a douche

Allaboutfamily[OP] likes this.
  20. Sep 20, 2019 at 9:33 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
    O’ give him a brake. He is hurt, and needs pain management...We all get pissed sometimes or another...

Allaboutfamily[OP] likes this.
  21. Sep 21, 2019 at 7:45 AM
    j cat

j cat New Member

Member:
    massachusetts
    spacer lift front 1inch
  22. Sep 21, 2019 at 9:19 PM
    ForRun

ForRun 4Runner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 orp
    Dude or dudette, Its OK to take a jab at a guy but let me tell you a fact of life. Don't ever drag a mans wife into any conversation in the manner you've done. Just not cool. Now, give yourself a black eye on behalf the OP and apologize

23. Sep 22, 2019 at 6:55 AM
    Allaboutfamily

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle:
    Internet tough guys... gotta love a guy who can run his mouth over the safety of his keyboard.

I’ve not bragged whatsoever about my wife. She’s an outstanding wife and mother so maybe I’ve said fond things about her, and I think I should. She deserves to be spoken highly about. Sounds to me that you’re jealous that you don’t have someone you appreciate as much as I appreciate my wife.

I’ve done no whining, don’t have a few screws loose, and I’m not a bad guy. For whatever reason, you guys have decided to be a dick. The internet is full of unhappy people like yourselves so nothing new there.

And this is the second time someone has commented to me about bragging so I’ll clear up a thing or two.

For starters: my wife’s family is very rich but that has absolutely zero to do with me. Me sharing pics of some of the things THEY HAVE isn’t bragging because it doesn’t make me look any better showing what OTHER PEOPLE have. I’m tired of the comments I’ve received here because I share a pic of a helicopter or a bad ass ride. Again, they don’t make me look better or describe my financial status. No gain for me whatsoever.

My wife is beautiful. Period! I don’t brag about that, I don’t sit back and rub that in people’s faces, and I CERTAINLY don’t feel that’s a quality that matters in any way shape or form. What does matter is that she is the best woman I’ve ever known. She is the most giving and caring person I’ve ever met. And there isn’t a better mother and mamaw on the planet. I’m proud she’s my wife and I’ll continue to say so until the day I die.

And I’m a good guy. I’m always there to help anyone who needs it. But I get so tired of you internet tough guys belittling people behind the safety of your screen. I think we all here now know what kinda person you two losers are.

24. Sep 22, 2019 at 7:21 AM
    Agent_Outside

Agent_Outside A Guy A Girl and A Trail

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Built 2011 T4R Limited
    There is definitely an excessive amount of childish whining in this thread, but I just refilled my popcorn, so please, continue...

:popcorn::poking::deadhorse:

White runner, wmdtech and WallyT4R like this.
  25. Sep 22, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman New Member

Member:
    SF Bay
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    WTF are you babbling about? I never insulted his wife. All I said was he constantly brags about her.

26. Sep 22, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    Thatbassguy

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    You're definitely not going to be very popular here.

27. Sep 22, 2019 at 8:16 AM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman New Member

Member:
    SF Bay
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Wells that’s nice. But you do have a few screws loose when you have to 1up the service manager to feel like you won some kind of game.

I’m sure many people here have a nice wife too but they don’t mention them practically in every single post like you.

28. Sep 22, 2019 at 8:20 AM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Have you joined this forum? You may like it better.

29. Sep 22, 2019 at 8:55 AM
    Allaboutfamily

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle:
    Gotta love the ignore button. Problem solved!

danssr5, scottalot, 2016Pro and 4 others like this.
  30. Sep 22, 2019 at 9:58 AM
    4Runner fun

4Runner fun Just the beginning...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black T4R TRD Off Road Premium
    Wrangler Duratracs, center console organizer & trav all 1576 dog divider for the rear. Xpel wrap with ceramic coating. 20% tint on front windows. TRD intake. TRD oil cap Plus parts on shelf & a wish list.
    Yup.
    You sir, are ignored!
    Just kidding.
    Yes, it can be done. FYI
    Screenshot_20190922-115559_Chrome.jpg

scottalot, WallyT4R and Thatbassguy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top