1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 4Runner TRD Pro Windshield

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by ababygirlg, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Mar 23, 2021 at 11:31 AM
    DaveW

DaveW New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
    My 2020 4R OR has taken hits to the windshield from stones on the highway that left marks but did not bruise or crack the windshield. I think the windshield angle is much flatter and less amenable to breakage than the windshields on my previous vehicle, a 2010 FJ. In the 9 years that I had the FJ, I replaced the windshield 6 times! With the FJ, it seemed that every little rock that got kicked up by a passing vehicle and hit the windshield would end up cracking the glass. It became a spring ritual to get a new windshield.

A&P and catus like this.
  2. Mar 23, 2021 at 11:39 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    Bigger A/T LT Tires, Slight Lift, Sliders, Rack, Lights, etc.
    I've heard that about FJ's. At least ours aren't that bad! I, too, have a fair share of rock "chips" after 10,000 miles.. but fortunately no cracks yet. I hope it stays that way for at least a few years! Not looking forward to dealing with a windshield replacement, period, and much less so with all these cameras and radar...

Who knows if it'll work, but you better believe I'll be giving State Farm everything I've got if they don't allow me to take my 4Runner to Toyota for that job.

3. Mar 23, 2021 at 12:17 PM
    Moon Landing

Moon Landing AFFTC 1967/68 Eddies Air Patch

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    La Quinta, Ca. AKA "The Skillet"
    Vehicle:
    Moon Rock 4Runner
    Nam 68/69
    Think I'll be checking with my agent before it happens, instead of after. From the sound of things it's a conversation worth having...in advance. But as always....that's just me, being me.

koukimonster[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Mar 23, 2021 at 12:35 PM
    mac1usa

mac1usa New Member

Member:
    On other vehicles I have had a guy just fill in the chips also (if they are very small right after it first happens); that seems to hold very well.

Moon Landing likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top