1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Dimmable Light In Aftermarket Dash Switch

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by WanderlostOverland, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Mar 11, 2018 at 8:14 AM
    WanderlostOverland

WanderlostOverland [OP] New Member

Member:
    I’m installing aftermarket dash switches to send trigger power to lighting relays. The brand of switches I’m using is irrelevant. I want one of the two LEDS in the switch to light up when the headlights are on and dim with the other dash lights. I know which terminals on the switch will accomplish this. I’m also aware that the ground side of the circuit is what dims the light. I’m looking for someone who has actually spliced into these wires and has firsthand experience with success in doing so.

My Question; In the picture below, are these the wires and correct polarity to provide power to the “dash” lights in our new switches?

I’ve done due diligence and read through a few threads that touched on my specific question. They were helpful in pointing me in the right direction but, as they went on the information was confused with conjecture, guesses, and comments that had little to do with the original topic. I’m starting this new thread to hopefully “unfog” the question with correct, straight to the point answers. Thank You.

dimmer_switch.jpg

2. Mar 14, 2018 at 2:21 AM
    WanderlostOverland

Member:
    We got it all figured out and it works AWESOME! We'll finish up this weekend and have a complete install video up on our YouTube channel.

3. Mar 14, 2018 at 4:45 PM
    WanderlostOverland

Member:
    It took a little digging and testing; :) DSC_0349.jpg

Backslider and alittleoff like this.
To Top