1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring CB radio in 2013 4runner

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Spyderrunner, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Jun 25, 2018 at 12:31 AM
    Spyderrunner

Spyderrunner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 trail toyota rrunner
    4×4 labs bumper, white knuckle offroad rock sliders 3" toytec billstien lift
    Hey guys, I am in the process of wiring a CB radio in my 2013 trail 4runner. I purchased the rago antenna mount and the uniden cmx760 bearcat radio. For one does anyone one have any input on this radio? And for 2 I am wondering how to wire it. I had a 96 4runner that was much easier. Inside the door there is a I guess kick plate right inside the door that secures your carpet down. In the 96 it was held in by screws. I ran the wires underneath that plastic piece. Not the case in the 13. No screws. I'm guessing it I'd held in with plastic clips. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to remove this plate without breaking clips. Or if there is an easier way to wire the cable from the radio to the rear of the vehicle? Any input helps and would be appreciated.

2. Jun 26, 2018 at 12:24 PM
    Ric

Ric New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ric
    As far as wiring, its pretty simple just 2 wires, red is hot and black is a ground wire.
    The black can be grounded to any solid metal surface or straight to the battery.
    The red wire can be wired to either a constant hot wire, I would suggest to wire to either a ACC hot, so that the CB will only come on when the key is in the on position so you dont run your battery down.
    I personally used the "add-a-fuse" You can get these at any auto parts store https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...rCaqr8KfKtUmwxPCRJxoCnB4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The use a Test light on your fuse box to see which open fuse is a ACC hot. Im sure there are videos on youtube if you need more help with that.

As far as mounting the CB, I have a 4th gen 4runner, but I just bought some HD velcro and stuck/mounted the radio to the side of the center console. Something like this http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...50d1328131332-cb-radio-install-img_2152-c.jpg

Hope this helps

3. Jun 29, 2018 at 6:42 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 ORP
    The kick plate you are describing is held down with clips. Pull up, hard. It'll come off . The triangular trim piece at the front of it, under the dash, is held on by a combination of clips and one large plastic nut that can be manipulated with your fingers.

A fuse that is always hot is, I believe #24 (possibly #25). All the others are ACC hot only. Use an mini-ATO add a circuit, it will protrude slightly from the fuse box but will work fine.

Is that CB Uniden's new "remote " mount one? I'd be interested in your thoughts on it after you use it a while.

4. Aug 13, 2018 at 3:26 PM
    spmitchell3

spmitchell3 New Member

Member:
    If you lift the hood of your 4Runner and look at the firewall from the passenger side, you'll see a drip tube that comes out and angles down...this is for condensation from the climate control. You should be able to pull this tube back into the cabin from inside. This will leave a hole in the grommet that you can run your wires through and then push the drip tube back through. I did this on my 2013 Tacoma.

WallyT4R likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top