1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel offsets & centering hub comparability question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by aCellOfAwareness, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Feb 28, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    aCellOfAwareness

aCellOfAwareness [OP] New Member

Member:
    Greetings!! I'm wanting (well, NEEDING!!) input from some hard core in the know folks... Considering the old mid 2000's style 5 large flat spoke 4Runner wheels for a 2016 SR5 Premium to compensate for the lackluster factory supplied wheels. I think their style compliments the new body style better than the new wheels lol. But it has to be 100% correct. Obviously bolt pattern but more importantly offset AND hub centering bore exact match (or if they widen the stance 0.9" like the TRD wheels that would be ok) or it's a no go as I don't want to go Mickey Mouse on a brand new $40,000 vehicle. Your experienced input is greatly appreciated if you've ever done such s swap and/or if anyone having both kind of wheels setting around would be so ambitious and kind to take the measurements :)

image.jpg

2. Feb 28, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    aCellOfAwareness

Member:
    Oh crap!! While I'm at it how about the spec comparability on my other favorite potential option the Toyota TRD wheels off the FJ???

image.jpg

3. Feb 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    That's the tacoma wheel above? I don't think it has enouph off set you will need. If I remember correct to even put them on a 90-00 4runner you have to have spacers??????

Darn you now I'm going to have to find that pist over in t4r.

I'll see if I can find it for you.

Blue

4. Feb 29, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    aCellOfAwareness

Member:
    Hi Blue, thanks for the reply. The black wheels are the FJ Cruiser TRD specials from a few years back (so I thought), and from what I gathered they do require spacers which is probably out of the question for me. I really like the 2005-6-7ish style wheels, i think they compliment the new body style better than any of the current wheels!!! If they are a match (caliper clearance should be good as they are both 17", and the hub center and offset) I want to snag a used set and have them powder coated.

Products Discussed in

To Top