1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel flares

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by 1bailey, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Apr 26, 2016 at 9:06 AM
    1bailey

1bailey [OP] New Member

Member:
    I just got a 2000 SRD and need a few things. Missing one front section of the front flare on one side. Any idea where to get that piece? Also the factory steel bumper has a pretty good dent in one corner. Is it worth fixing or should I get a new bumper?

Thx!

2. Apr 26, 2016 at 9:25 AM
    RonT4R

RonT4R New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner SR5 4WD

Best place for the flare part is just do a google search having the actual part number will give the best results. Google is good for identifying the part numbers too.... As far as the bumper I would say a replacement would be easier. Try local junkyards and on Craigslist.

3. Apr 26, 2016 at 9:38 AM
    1bailey

1bailey [OP] New Member

Member:
    I meant SR5...Thank you sir!

4. May 19, 2016 at 2:12 AM
    RussToy

RussToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russel Lee
    Granville Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    A Work in Progress
    Usually a good place to look is in the "for sell" section. Look for someone parting out a wrecked 4Runner. Although, I don't see any on this forum. If you're a member of T4R...there's a guy named Josh, goes by Death Cougar. He has what seems like an endless supply of old 4Runners...he's always getting new ones in. That's normally where I find my parts. Don't know where you live...but he's out of Washington. Here's a link to his ad...just post up what you need and he'll respond. Good luck buddy.

5. May 19, 2016 at 7:19 AM
    1bailey

1bailey [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you sir. I have bigger problems now. A hail storm of biblical proportions just beat the heck out of all my vehicles. The Toy is fixable, but it probably won't ever be the same.

6. May 20, 2016 at 12:45 AM
    RussToy

RussToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russel Lee
    Granville Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    A Work in Progress
    All Dude that Frik'in sucks!! Man I don't even know what to say. Well hey, do you have full coverage insurance on it?? That happened to a buddy of mine 5-6 years ago. He had a 97' or 98'...the insurance company totaled the car, but they gave him IIRC $3,000 or $4,000 and he got to keep his rig.

Sorry to hear about the damage. Do you have any pictures?

7. May 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM
    1bailey

1bailey [OP] New Member

Member:
    20160520_184550[1].jpg
    Yes I have coverage. $1000 deductable. I'm not going to let them total it, although it's probably borderline. This one is in good condition and has a lot of potential. If I get $3000 + I can live with that.

Changing the subject, the factory radio just stopped working. Still has power and the display still works. I don't like the look of aftermarket stereos. I'd like to replace with another factory. Any suggestions?

8. May 21, 2016 at 2:06 AM
    RussToy

RussToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russel Lee
    Granville Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    A Work in Progress
    Ouch!! Man did that jack up your windshield or what!!

As far as your radio...I would watch the classified. See if some one is selling one or if someone is parting out a wrecked rig. If you don't see anything on here...I know for sure you can find one on T4R.org. There's a couple guys in the classified that do nothing but part 4Runners out. The guy I've had good luck with is "Death Cougar". He's out of Marysville Washington. His name is Josh...he's honest...good to deal with. Here's a link for you... Hope this helps! Best of luck...cheers

9. May 21, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    1bailey

1bailey [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you sir! I was going to post more but they took forever to load, then I posted the same pic like four times and had to delete it (I'm new to the site). The hail was large and I have all sizes of divets. Adjuster coming this morning. Regardless of what they say I'm keeping it. I looked long and hard and this is a good 4runner. Thanks for the link!

10. May 21, 2016 at 10:08 AM
    RussToy

RussToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russel Lee
    Granville Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    A Work in Progress
    You are welcome...glad I could help!

That still suck about your rig. Hopefully the insurance guy will take good care of you! Wish you good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top