1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel and Tire Sale Advice

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by JerseyDevil5, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Nov 29, 2018 at 6:07 AM
    JerseyDevil5

JerseyDevil5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner Limited
    2.5”/1.5” Daystar Spacer Lift, 275/55R20 Cooper Discoverer A/T3’s, K&N CAI, Jet Powr-Flo MAF, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust.
    Hi,

After purchasing my 2018 Limited, I could not tolerate the pizza cutter tires. Especially, coming from a 3” lifted 2010 with 285’s. So, I bought a set of 275/55R20 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. I love these tires. They were great in the recent snow last weekend. I have on order a set of 20x9” Method Mesh wheels with 275/60R20 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S’s. I know the tire is only an inch taller, but I’m very particular about my 4Runner’s. I have installed the Daystar 2.5/1.5” spacer lift with SPC UCA’s until my X-REAS starts to go out. I am going to sell the 275/55R20 Coopers. They only have 1,000 miles on them. There is nothing wrong with them at all. I am just going a little taller. My questions are:
    1. What should I sell them for? I paid $200 each. I’m thinking $175 each?
    2. Should I keep them mounted and balanced and sell them with the stock Limited wheels? I would have to purchase new TPMS sensors for the new wheels.
    3. Shipping costs would probably be outrageous, so the sale would most likely have to be fairly local. I live in Omaha, Nebraska. Anyone have experience shipping tires and wheels mounted and balanced?
    4. If I do sell them all mounted and balanced, what is a fair asking price for the Limited wheels (no scratches, 1200 miles) with the tires (1000 miles, just like new. No issues at all)?
    5. Do you think I would have any problems selling them in a timely fashion?

Thanks for your help!

Products Discussed in

To Top