1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's left of my 4Runner after hitting a moose

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by luis1, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jun 24, 2021 at 10:48 AM
    inocoma

inocoma mud slinging mall crawler for now.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    TRD Radiator and Oil cap
    Yeah it took me a bit of time (basically trying not to let extended warranty go to waste) finally pulled the trigger when I needed to replace the tires upgraded the suspension at the same time. Up till the time when I bought my 4runner just got a full size rack also added lights and running boards\sliders.

2. Jun 24, 2021 at 12:23 PM
    PhantomTweak

PhantomTweak New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    OREGON
    Vehicle:
    1999 4Runner, bone stock
    None. Bone Stock. EXCEPT: Brushguard, tow hitch, both welded to the frame. It's good to have friends and a fully equipped garage!
    Back in 92 I ran into a horse at 60 MPH on my motorcycle. How he got on my motorcycle I will never know! <insert rim-shot here>

Anywho, I lost my left eye, but the horse died at the scene, so I figure I came out on top of that one. It totally trashed all the fiberglass on my 78 Police bike, but amazingly, the bike overall was fine.
    And then, there was the little old lady that pulled out in front of me on another bike, but we won't get into that here. No, the little old lady didn't die at the scene on that one...

Glad you and your wonderful wife, not to mention your 4Runner, are all still in good shape. Gives me a lot of confidence in both of mine. I don't know if it will do anything, but I welded a good brush guard onto my 87. Might reduce the damage from a critter somewhat, I hope.

Good luck to you!
    Pat☺

4Runnin&Gunnin likes this.
  3. Jun 24, 2021 at 2:15 PM
    luis1

luis1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks man! Glad you came out, more or less, all right after that one! Yikes hitting a horse on a bike, that's just downright scary to think about. And yes it has given me lots of confidence in Toyota's build quality. And thank you for the wishes!

4. Jul 5, 2021 at 8:17 PM
    4Runnin&Gunnin

4Runnin&Gunnin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner Venture - Super White
    3" Lift...thats it...for now!
    Not too far from me. I'm in Rocky Mountain House. Yet to see a moose on the road, but a few off in the bushes. I think it's just a matter of time before I hit a deer as I can't drive 5km without seeing half a dozen.

5. Jul 6, 2021 at 7:42 AM
    DaveW

DaveW New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
    Dangerous stuff. A coworker of mine was killed a few years ago in a car-moose collision in northern Alberta. Glad everyone is ok here. Could easily have been much worse.

6. Jul 6, 2021 at 4:24 PM
    Stoney Ranger

Stoney Ranger New Member

Member:
    Driftless Area
    Vehicle:
    '18 SR5 Nauti Blue
    4x Rockers/Skids-Dobi-275's-Fr/R Bpr-Winch-Stickers-ALF
    Glad you revived this thread. We're headed to Alaska next year and hitting a moose has cross my mind. I have a Warn winch bumper sitting at a friends house as I type this. I got it for some armor up front, you know, just in case. Plus I can winch the carcass out of the ditch, if need be. Thanks for the zombie thread.

P.S. Got any recent pics of the 4R. We would like to see the "afters".

Products Discussed in

To Top