1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What mp3 player do you use? - Issues with iPod / 4Runner

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by dmbkc, May 4, 2017.

1. May 4, 2017 at 12:34 PM
    dmbkc

dmbkc [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 4Runner
    3rd row, running boards
    I have the iPod Classic (160GB). The 2016 Limited 4Runner I own says it is compatible. And it is but after 4 or 5 songs the iPod shits down and restarts (which takes like 8 minutes). The iPod does not do that any other time whether my Bose docking station, friends docking stations and other uses, also bought another iPod Classic to be sure and have the same issue with the 4Runner. So it is not the iPod. The display also sometimes gets the artwork wrong, which I could care less about.

Do any of you use an mp3 player, if so what brand and what is the storage capacity? I wonder if just due to the 29,000 songs on my player if that has anything to do with things?

Any advice appreciated.

2. May 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    I think it an ipod nano but it holds no were as many songs as that, that and I just stream Bluetooth from my phone.

3. May 4, 2017 at 2:31 PM
    OvrlandNoob

OvrlandNoob New Member

Member:
    Arcadia, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/KDSS
    Bilstein 6112 and 5160 with Bilstein rear coils. SPC UCA s, TRD Pro wheels, Shrockworks sliders, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70/17
    Curious do you have the radio that has the Nav and all the other stuff? I have a 2016 and I download all my music onto a flash drive and plug directly into the USB port. From the head unit you should be able to see your flash drive and randomly play, choose artist, album, etc. I have a trail premium so not sure if that is an option or if the USB port comes standard on all 4runners. -OvrlandNoob

Products Discussed in

To Top