1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you done to your 5th Gen 4Runner today?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Bob, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Dec 22, 2020 at 2:30 PM
    Marcosjg

Marcosjg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcos
    Vehicle:
    2021 Off-road Premium
    Where do i get those side window things?

What I did today was scratch my ride side with a branch :(

2. Dec 22, 2020 at 2:34 PM
    kbp810

kbp810 rebmem wen

Member:
    Victory 4x4; I know there’s a few other companies that make them too, but not sure if anyone else offers a basket that works with them or not.

3. Dec 22, 2020 at 2:50 PM
    CJT4Runner

CJT4Runner Frosty

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 TRD ORP
    Added Toyo AT3s and TRD Pro wheels. Now it’s time to go exploring off-road!

1B30F538-3797-4956-9314-5DC62CC2B50E.jpg

Doglover2003, AG4RN8, GRIZ and 6 others like this.
  4. Dec 22, 2020 at 4:04 PM
    Toy4X4

Toy4X4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2020 Offroad Prem. 4-runner
    RevTek 3" front- 2" rear leveling, JBA uca's, LED interior lights, Cooper 275-70-17 AT3 LT
    The pass. side was a bit of a challenge, a/c line has to be un-clipped from a rubber "clamp" and pushed out of the way, I knew this was the worse side so that's where I started, the driver side was a piece of cake! When torqueing the ball joint it's best to remove the sway bar link otherwise you can't get the torque wrench/socket on the bolt very well, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

5. Dec 22, 2020 at 4:30 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Congrats Jeff! Looks awesome!

Looking forward to seeing those Elka's on it!

4Runner fun, Toy4X4[QUOTED] and A&P like this.
  6. Dec 22, 2020 at 4:34 PM
    Toy4X4

Toy4X4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2020 Offroad Prem. 4-runner
    RevTek 3" front- 2" rear leveling, JBA uca's, LED interior lights, Cooper 275-70-17 AT3 LT
    Your help is greatly appreciated! You and I are both looking forward to the Elka's! Thanx again Jake.

nimby[QUOTED] and 4Runner fun like this.
  7. Dec 22, 2020 at 6:34 PM
    Cis915

Cis915 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    '18 Nautical Blue TRDOR
    Eibach Pro Lift; 255/80 Open Country R/T Trails; Motegi Trailite; LFD 7/8; BMC/Pinch Welds; All-Pro Sliders; Custom Drawers; T10 v3; DD SS18 Light Bar; Baja Squadron Pro Ditch Lights; Auxbeam Switch; Alpharex Headlights; Spyder Taillights
    Put sliders on. With jackstands and friends it was really easy and took less than an hour.

PXL_20201222_211604068.jpg

Doglover2003, toy33, Han4Run and 4 others like this.
  8. Dec 23, 2020 at 4:51 AM
    ipnpulz

ipnpulz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRDOR premium T4R
    Only emails I get from my salesman are:

Hello Bruce ,

I hope you and your family are doing well and enjoying the end of the summer.

I'm writing to let you know we have dropped all our pricing on our vehicle to get ready for fall inventory.

We are also in need of trade ins and are extending our Buy Back program where you can up to an additional $1,000 over KBB for your trade!

This is Big Money! These offers are huge.

What day/time can you make it in this weekend?

My Response:

What's funny Is I never heard back from you on the last deal we were trying to do?

Dealer response:

the number you wanted for you trade was out of reach

we will be more than willing to work with you

My response:

We went down this road already I gave you folks a number and never heard back from you or the dealership so please stop the fake bullshit of Big money and offers are huge!

Thanks Again,

thirdyota, kbp810, AG4RN8 and 8 others like this.
  9. Dec 23, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    Gamma Ray

Gamma Ray Be excellent to each other

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 Barcelona Red
    Who cares? This never shows everything anyway.
    [​IMG]

I picked up the Rago Fabrication toilet paper roll holder. It arrived today, and I installed it before the sun went down. It's cute. It's basic but looks like it will be functional. The part that comes out could probably stand to be a little longer. A full roll of TP really squishes between the outer part of the holder and the panel, so it's going to be hard to get paper off the roll. You might be able to alleviate this by putting an extra washer in each corner between the holder and the panel. It looks like the provided screws are long enough to support it. They might even be long enough to support two extra washers per corner. The rod in the center is a spring loaded deal. It's very tight in there. It doesn't like to rotate against the powder coating. I bet you can use that to your advantage by putting something extra in the roll to make the roll more resistant to spinning. This might help you to keep the roll from unraveling while driving.

While I have TP in there right now, what I may end up doing is cutting down a roll of paper towels to fit into the TP holder. I think paper towels will be more useful to me. The reason I decided to get the holder was because I had an especially messy outing with my radio controlled 4Runner one day and wished I had something to wipe it down before I put it in the back of my real 4Runner.

In any case, I'm happy with the TP holder. It fits well and should prove to be very useful to me. I might just decide to take a trip to the hardware store and get some more washers, though.

It looks like Rago may have run off a bunch of these and got them powder coated in advance. I didn't have to wait very long for them to ship mine.

kbp810 and 7385 like this.
  10. Dec 23, 2020 at 3:01 PM
    newlife

newlife Not all who wander are ...... squirrel

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    Installed the greenlane off-road ladder last night but it was too dark to get any real pics. Off the rest of the week so if weather permits (winter storm advisory starting in 3 hours) I’ll try and get some shots of it. It barely clears the front runner which I knew it was supposed to be close but wedging a piece of paper is almost a challenge close. Going to start fabricating a plate tomorrow to weld onto the front of it to carry the rotopax.

In other news still trying to figure out the best option for my dual battery. I ended up returning the duracell since I couldn’t make my mind up.

I felt at first the Redarc was the best solution but I’m leaning more towards two agm’s and the blue sea acr simply because I found out I can get two of the odyssey 35’s for right at 200.00 for both. Any opinions ?

kbp810 and 7385 like this.
  11. Dec 23, 2020 at 3:37 PM
    flyinhoot

flyinhoot When in doubt, Throttle out.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro 4Runner "Trudy"
    Monochrome everything. LED reverse lights.
    gotta do what you gotta do. Some here would probably say it’s better then the pro rack.

12. Dec 23, 2020 at 6:40 PM
    4Runner fun

4Runner fun Just the beginning...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black T4R TRD Off Road Premium
    Wrangler Duratracs, center console organizer & trav all 1576 dog divider for the rear. Xpel wrap with ceramic coating. 20% tint on front windows. TRD intake. TRD oil cap Plus parts on shelf & a wish list.
    Not Toooodaaaaayyy...
    Just received our 12volt.Solutions long range remote start.
    Now I need a few days without snow to get it installed. It looks easy enough.
    I think after two years it is time to start a build thread. Even though it is mostly stock. Lots of little stuff!
    Wish me luck with the install (mainly not breaking the dash).
    Ryan.
    20201223_201421.jpg 20201223_201448.jpg

13. Dec 23, 2020 at 6:41 PM
    ohitsjimmy

ohitsjimmy New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Off Road Premium
    CTH Folding Mirrors on a 2020 4Runner ORP. Took about 3-4 hours to install by myself. Comes with everything except for wire taps.

NOTE: Do not use the Blue taps as recommended in the instructions. Use one size smaller which I believe is Red. I also did not use the connectors provided for the motors, instead I used my own taps for a more solid connection. I’m also missing the white wire for unlock detection on the 22 Pin connector. Anyone know an alternate connector I could use? Not a big deal as it unfolds when I start the car and folds when I lock the doors. I would just like to see it unfold when I unlock as well.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    A&P, Bdwsrjoe, kbp810 and 2 others like this.
  14. Dec 24, 2020 at 11:59 AM
    celaw309

celaw309 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM TRD ORP
    Where did you install the front camera?

15. Dec 24, 2020 at 12:37 PM
    Doglover2003

Doglover2003 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '18 ORP w/KDSS
    I have that and worth it :thumbsup:

4Runner fun[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Dec 24, 2020 at 1:06 PM
    4Runner fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Wrangler Duratracs, center console organizer & trav all 1576 dog divider for the rear. Xpel wrap with ceramic coating. 20% tint on front windows. TRD intake. TRD oil cap Plus parts on shelf & a wish list.
    As questioned before, did yours also come with a TPMS wire that is unused?
    Also, is the range really a mile? When @ the office my wife maybe a 1/4 mile plus walls away.
    Thanks,
    Ryan.

17. Dec 24, 2020 at 1:09 PM
    Fltslr

Fltslr the last hurrah

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock 4runner Pro
    I used it to pick trash left by losers in bulldog canyon.20201224_140744.jpg

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  18. Dec 24, 2020 at 3:11 PM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
  19. Dec 24, 2020 at 3:27 PM
    ForRun

ForRun 4Runner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 orp
    OEM Audio plus system. leap years ahead of stock system. Better than the JBL in the 20+ pro but there's a reason it's under $2k.
    Don't get me wrong as it sounds very good but guessing the reviews never had a good system to compare...my rig before 4runner the speakers were 1k each so I was spoiled but the sound was amazing. This system I rate excellent but not amazing. Probably save some more and buy a decent system one day

Thatbassguy, 7385 and kbp810 like this.
  20. Dec 24, 2020 at 3:31 PM
    4Runner fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    We know the pain in loosing a pet. Very sad to hear & sorry for your loss.
    Ryan.

toy33, ThePnsh3r, Thatbassguy and 6 others like this.
  21. Dec 24, 2020 at 4:16 PM
    ruiz4251

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
    A&P sorry yall have to go though this...it really sux. Remember the funny moments. It'll get better

toy33, Thatbassguy, nimby and 3 others like this.
  22. Dec 24, 2020 at 4:44 PM
    ruiz4251

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    I know the feeling my wife didn't want our Laya either but now she misses her like crazy.
    12.5 yr old boxer mix she was my ptsd companion helped me find my humanity again for that I will ALWAYS be grateful.
    Hope your wife feels better soon and you too man seriously
    Remember the funny moments

23. Dec 24, 2020 at 4:57 PM
    Doglover2003

Doglover2003 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '18 ORP w/KDSS
    I didn't use the TPMS wire. Not sure about the range. Farthest I used it is about 600 ft. It will shut down if you down get into it in 5 minutes. If your wife can walk the 1/4 mile in 5 minutes she will be fine and if the signal can go through the building walls ie; concrete, masonry, drywall, etc... and any other electronic interference.

24. Dec 24, 2020 at 6:35 PM
    4Runner fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    I thought it was a 15 minute run time. How is it supposed to warm up in 5 minutes?
    Still learning before install.
    Thanks,
    Ryan.

Doglover2003[QUOTED] likes this.
  25. Dec 24, 2020 at 9:02 PM
    Blue 4ever Runner

Blue 4ever Runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    2019 Blue 4Runner
    Blacked out badges, window deflectors, smoked 3rd brake light. I have a Borla muffler on order as well as some color matched engine cover stickers. I'll be painting the stock wheels soon as well. Falken tires in the fall as well.
    I'm so sorry, losing a pet is very hard. 17 1/2 years! You certainly treated him well, that's a long life for a kitty.

A&P[QUOTED] and ruiz4251 like this.
  26. Dec 24, 2020 at 9:52 PM
    ForRun

ForRun 4Runner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 orp
    Forgot to mention when changing the speakers. 4runner door panel is very easy to remove. Not alot of video showing putting it back together and found out why. Gotta be the hardest panel ever out back on! Anybody got it nailed? For me it was dumb luck they popped back in

A&P and DrewMan like this.
  27. Dec 25, 2020 at 9:32 AM
    ruiz4251

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    Lineup the tabs at the top first them lay panel down over the retention tab holes and pop them in...its incredible stubborn up toward the window tabs but after a few removals you'll get the hang of it. I almost said the HELL with it the first few times (though of running without panel)
    LOL

ForRun likes this.
  28. Dec 25, 2020 at 9:42 AM
    wmdtech

wmdtech Send MOD Money!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Mid TN
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD ORP
    275/70r17 KO2 Eibach Stage 1 JBA UCAs
    I feel for you. We have a 16.5 yo that we’ve been worrying about. So sorry for your loss

ThePnsh3r likes this.
  29. Dec 25, 2020 at 9:56 AM
    ForRun

ForRun 4Runner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 orp
    Thanks, the drivers door had a wire harness clipped in the way of raising the top up over the edge and the back doors the two alignment pins snapped off. I'm guessing it's just something that has to be learned and no book or video can teach it!

30. Dec 25, 2020 at 12:17 PM
    Doglover2003

Doglover2003 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '18 ORP w/KDSS
    Sorry I thought it was 5 minutes. Been awhile since I had it and haven't looked at the instructions or specs. However it is super easy to install and program

Products Discussed in

To Top