1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you done to your 5th Gen 4Runner today?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Bob, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Apr 13, 2019 at 9:25 AM
    Jkdog

Jkdog New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Off-Road Premier
    Well. I got my Pro grill replacement in the mail this weekend. I think I’m going to wait to install it at the same time I plasti-dip my balances and black out the emblems. Still waiting on the SSO rack. So I can’t sell my OEM black roof rack and rails yet. Still looking for running boards/sliders. I think I like the RSG. However, after my taxes, I get to install the new Pioneer w8400NEX radio! I just had the dash kit painted and it looks really good. I tried wrapping it... $250 to have it painted was worth it.

2. Apr 13, 2019 at 5:54 PM
    jtice

jtice New Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5
    Eibach Pro Truck Lift, 255/75/R17 BFG K02s, TRD Pro Wheels, C4Fab Front Bumper, Smittybilt 9.5 Winch, Rocky Road Super Sliders, BajaRacks Rear Hatch Ladder, SSO Roof Rack, RCI Full AL Skids
    Took her out to stretch her legs a bit, the Eiback lift is riding great!
    Also finished up my sleeping platform.
    Love some of the cool setups with drawers, but didnt want to leave all that in there all the time. Takes up too much space for daily use.
    I wanted something as simple as possible, that was easy to take in and out.
    The PVC pipe legs are inserted into holes in the 2x4 frame, and are easy to remove, making it less bulky to store when not in the 4Runner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neumie, boogie, jester243 and 14 others like this.
  3. Apr 14, 2019 at 12:29 PM
    SLoTH_XVX

SLoTH_XVX New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner SR5 Premium White
    6" Fabtec Suspension Lift 35x12.5 Fuel Gripper M/T Tires 18" Fuel - Vapor Wheels
    Excellent solution on the sleep stand, very nice! May steal your idea and execute it in my truck....very nice indeed

What did your go with under the carpet for the platform?

4. Apr 14, 2019 at 1:54 PM
    travieb1

travieb1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota SR5 premium with 3rd row seating
    2018 SR5 Premium with sunroof and 3rd row seating- tinted windows, debadged side emblems, blacked out rear emblems, AVS low profile Rain Deflectors, AVS Aeroskin 2, Toyota Cargo cover, AJT Design Fob, AJT billet Aluminum red TRD battery bracket, AJT climate control knobs, TRD Skid Plate with Red TRD Inlays, Custom Fuse/Relay Block fabbed from High-Density Polyurethane, Borla Exhaust, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Blue Sea battery meter with additional USB and cigarette lighter with full time power, OEM Audio Plus Reference 500Q System with dual Sub Woofer, Fulltime backup camera mod with AOB switch, Precision LED Full interior LED lighting kit, Xenon Depot HID kit, Diode Dynamics switchback Turn signal LEDs, Precision LED backup LEDs, Diode Dynamics taillight as blinker mod, AJT Customs DRL’s, Toyota “Canadian” 3rd row Cargo mat, Bilstein 5100’s, Toytec 3” lift, JBA Upper Control Arms, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17, YodaTEQ Underhood Lighting Kit, TRD hood with flat black hood insert, TRD shift knob, TRD Oil cap, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD SEMA wheels, Spidertrax spacers, Diode Dynamics SS3 fog-lights, Matte black painted TRD front end, TRD valances front and back painted matte black, Gobi Stealth rack, Gobi ladder, Rotopax with Red Fuel pack, Overland Equipped bolt on step, Kuat bike rack, White Raptor lights with Yoda LED’s switch, Pedal Commander, sequential side mirror blinker LED’s, Bunker Industries Recovery Boards with custom roof mounts, Tepui Awning with Gobi stealth mounts, CVT Mt Shasta Extended Summit Edition RTT, Southern Style Off-road Lo-Pro bumper with 20” Rigid light bar, Accessorides Remote Start.
    Great setup!!

5. Apr 14, 2019 at 1:56 PM
    travieb1

travieb1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Premium with sunroof and 3rd row seating- tinted windows, debadged side emblems, blacked out rear emblems, AVS low profile Rain Deflectors, AVS Aeroskin 2, Toyota Cargo cover, AJT Design Fob, AJT billet Aluminum red TRD battery bracket, AJT climate control knobs, TRD Skid Plate with Red TRD Inlays, Custom Fuse/Relay Block fabbed from High-Density Polyurethane, Borla Exhaust, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Blue Sea battery meter with additional USB and cigarette lighter with full time power, OEM Audio Plus Reference 500Q System with dual Sub Woofer, Fulltime backup camera mod with AOB switch, Precision LED Full interior LED lighting kit, Xenon Depot HID kit, Diode Dynamics switchback Turn signal LEDs, Precision LED backup LEDs, Diode Dynamics taillight as blinker mod, AJT Customs DRL’s, Toyota “Canadian” 3rd row Cargo mat, Bilstein 5100’s, Toytec 3” lift, JBA Upper Control Arms, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17, YodaTEQ Underhood Lighting Kit, TRD hood with flat black hood insert, TRD shift knob, TRD Oil cap, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD SEMA wheels, Spidertrax spacers, Diode Dynamics SS3 fog-lights, Matte black painted TRD front end, TRD valances front and back painted matte black, Gobi Stealth rack, Gobi ladder, Rotopax with Red Fuel pack, Overland Equipped bolt on step, Kuat bike rack, White Raptor lights with Yoda LED’s switch, Pedal Commander, sequential side mirror blinker LED’s, Bunker Industries Recovery Boards with custom roof mounts, Tepui Awning with Gobi stealth mounts, CVT Mt Shasta Extended Summit Edition RTT, Southern Style Off-road Lo-Pro bumper with 20” Rigid light bar, Accessorides Remote Start.
    E48548B0-0D79-47BF-B61D-250871E9DE0D.jpg
    4C18D3A1-27FA-45C5-8489-BA43E717CE07.jpg

Installled my YodaTEQ underhood lighting kit. Install was a breeze and the light is fantastic!

6. Apr 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM
    jtice

jtice New Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5
    Eibach Pro Truck Lift, 255/75/R17 BFG K02s, TRD Pro Wheels, C4Fab Front Bumper, Smittybilt 9.5 Winch, Rocky Road Super Sliders, BajaRacks Rear Hatch Ladder, SSO Roof Rack, RCI Full AL Skids
    The frame of the platform is made of 2x4s, which is what the holes are cut in for the legs.
    The top surface is plywood, I used something close to 5/8" thick. (it was some odd 32nd size)
    For the legs, I used 1 1/2" thick wall PVC, which has an odd outside dia. that I couldnt find a hole saw to match.
    So the legs have a 1 1/2" coupling at the end, which ended up making it a holesaw size I could find.
    I still had to sand down the couplings just a bit to make them fit but it wasnt bad.
    If you wanted, you can try using 2" PVC, and no coupling, I think there was a hole saw to fit that, it just seemed like overkill and more bulky overall.
    Little awkward, but I can put in and out myself. I place the 4 shorter rear legs in it, lift it into place, then insert the 2 longer front legs.

SLoTH_XVX[QUOTED] and WallyT4R like this.
  7. Apr 14, 2019 at 3:37 PM
    4Runner fun

4Runner fun Just the beginning...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black T4R TRD Off Road Premium
    Wrangler Duratracs, center console organizer & trav all 1576 dog divider for the rear. Xpel wrap with ceramic coating. 20% tint on front windows. TRD intake. TRD oil cap Plus parts on shelf & a wish list.
    Clean engine!
    I love the light & battery tie down.
    Do you remember where you got the battery takedown?
    Looks great! Every install is nice & clean.

8. Apr 14, 2019 at 3:39 PM
    4buggy

4buggy Relapsing mod addict

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner pro MBM
    I agree. You made me head over and see if they had any tie downs left. I scored a pro but it doesn’t look like any TRD are left.
    Oh yeh, AJt designs https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/online-store/Battery-Clamp-p90489289

4Runner fun[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Apr 14, 2019 at 3:52 PM
    4Runner fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Wrangler Duratracs, center console organizer & trav all 1576 dog divider for the rear. Xpel wrap with ceramic coating. 20% tint on front windows. TRD intake. TRD oil cap Plus parts on shelf & a wish list.
    I want that TRD red tiedown! @travieb1 want to sell? Lol
    That fits perfectly with our color theme.
    That is beautiful. Maybe have a local fab place make me one & have it anodized!
    TRD/Toyota is cracking down!

10. Apr 14, 2019 at 3:55 PM
    travieb1

travieb1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Ohhhh... maybe when I get my dual battery system..I will switch over to two black ones to offset the red optima top... I’ll let you know when that happens!

4Runner fun[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Apr 14, 2019 at 3:57 PM
    4Runner fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Please, keep me in mind!
    Nice build also. Btw

travieb1 likes this.
  12. Apr 14, 2019 at 4:00 PM
    travieb1

travieb1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Dang! I didn’t know they stopped incorporating the “TRD” in their products! I wanted to get a second fob but at least I got this one!! 0BFFAFD4-609F-4DA2-B141-55D5F6BB99DC.jpg

SgtReckless likes this.
  13. Apr 14, 2019 at 4:03 PM
    4Runner fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Since buying the T4R a month ago I have been finding it harder & harder to find parts for sale that say TRD if Toyota didn't make it.
    I want that fob also but told it is no longer available.
    Buy while you can... Toyota is watching the aftermarket!

ManBeast and Watt maker like this.
  14. Apr 14, 2019 at 4:06 PM
    4buggy

4buggy Relapsing mod addict

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner pro MBM
    The one I just ordered says “TRD PRO”. I had the “TRD” on my taco and I would have swiped it before the trade if I had known they would have stopped making them!

4Runner fun[QUOTED] and travieb1 like this.
  15. Apr 14, 2019 at 4:08 PM
    4Runner fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    After you drop a 40% sale & they sell everything they have...
    It maybe time to reevaluate their stance on accessories. (Price/ availability). Lol on price.
    They just saw a glimpse of what people will do if you offer a discount & have a good product.
    $70 or $80 for a battery retainer that does nothing is slightly insane. Yet, I would still buy it.

travieb1 likes this.
  16. Apr 14, 2019 at 5:15 PM
    White runner

White runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Premium
    I like the light.

TN_FunRunner likes this.
  17. Apr 15, 2019 at 7:01 AM
    PrettyGoodSam

PrettyGoodSam New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner Trail
    Bought the Viair 88P portable compressor.

Also found an ARB single drawer on FB marketplace that looks brand new and is very affordable, but is about 2 hours away. I'm fairly certain its just a little too long for the cargo area, which is a total bummer! Does anyone have any of the ARB drawer systems installed? I am waiting for the guy to give me the exact model # so I can confirm specs and figure out whether or not I need to make the trip out there.

18. Apr 15, 2019 at 7:41 AM
    red 1

red 1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Red 2019 off road premium
    Gibbon Exhaust, TRD Intake
    Got mine stuck. Stock tires have no traction. Hauling the wood trailer across the field and lost all traction spun and sunk right in.

19. Apr 15, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    sfoffroad

sfoffroad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Limited
    Anybody have a recommendation for a front bumper that will fit my 2019 Limited? Had my eye on Artec Industries Venture, but the Limited is the only trim it doesn't fit. Aaarrgh!

20. Apr 15, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Finally got the 4 washed and waxed. Had to touch up some rock chips. An bolted these bad boys up.

IMG_20190415_152855440.jpg

21. Apr 15, 2019 at 1:28 PM
    red 1

red 1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Those look nice where did you get them?

22. Apr 15, 2019 at 1:31 PM
    sfoffroad

sfoffroad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Limited
    Only one I've found so far is the Hefty Aluminum, which looks pretty good, although not cheap. The Hefty Tube fits too, but is a little to radical for me.

23. Apr 15, 2019 at 1:34 PM
    red 1

red 1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Thanks

24. Apr 15, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
  25. Apr 15, 2019 at 1:48 PM
    sfoffroad

sfoffroad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Limited
    SSO said this: "In order for the slimline to work with your limited, you will need to swap out the face for a trail or SR5 then you can use the slimline on your truck." Is that doable, replacing the whole front?

26. Apr 15, 2019 at 1:55 PM
    red 1

red 1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    WallyT4R[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. Apr 15, 2019 at 6:56 PM
    BravesRunner

BravesRunner IG: bravesrunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    SC
    Vehicle:
    '14 MGM Trail
    265/70R17 BFG KO2s, NFab steps
    Is there anyone here that has a bunch of stuff mounted onto the oem bars? (plano boxes, maxtraxx, etc)

PrettyGoodSam likes this.
  28. Apr 16, 2019 at 6:50 AM
    PrettyGoodSam

PrettyGoodSam New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner Trail
    not as of yet, but i am beginning to plot this stuff out. an aftermarket roof rack is still overkill/$$$ for me at this point, so I am going to work with what I have. probably do rhino rack fishing rod holders on one side and potentially a slim basket on the other side.
    I'd love to track down some more 10-13 cross bars so the rack can support more weight, but finding two was already a months long hassle.

BravesRunner[QUOTED] likes this.
  29. Apr 16, 2019 at 7:12 AM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Just got the tires rotated and balanced and received 50 bolt on hp in the mail.

IMG_20190416_094816108_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190416_094959_01.jpg

30. Apr 16, 2019 at 7:31 AM
    BravesRunner

BravesRunner IG: bravesrunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    SC
    Vehicle:
    '14 MGM Trail
    265/70R17 BFG KO2s, NFab steps
    If you find some ideas and don't mind sharing then shoot me a pm. The slim basket idea sounds good. Could buy a hitch carrier and mount it long ways and then you'd have the ability to mount an awning or something on the side of the basket.

Products Discussed in

To Top