1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VSC/TRAC VSC/OFF light

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by Atomic Punk 70, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mar 26, 2020 at 9:22 AM
    Atomic Punk 70

Atomic Punk 70 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota 4runner sr5
    Recently my VSC/Trac and VSC/off light came on along with the check engine light. I just had to replace my battery because it was dead and I ran into a low voltage situation on the vehicle while I was driving. My alternator is working fine, I had that confirmed by two separate places that it's putting out the recommended voltage.I c consulted the almighty YouTube and they said this could be a situation that was caused by the low-voltage situation. I was about do a zero point calibration when I noticed that my OBD2 Port is not pinned the same as all of the information I was looking at and when I had the codes read nothing came up. Could one of the connections in the port has been pulled out by a scanner in the past? If so ,what next?

2. Mar 26, 2020 at 12:31 PM
    negusm

negusm New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Those lights can come on for a million reasons. Any code that the computer trips that is even remotely connected to those systems will turn them off and show those lights.

You need to find out the code.

Not cool if the OBDII port has been damaged.

I believe all OBDII ports are pinned exactly the same. I'm pretty sure there are federal regs wound up in that whole thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top