1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration at freeway speed 65mph+

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by yotaguy89, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Jul 9, 2020 at 12:31 AM
    yotaguy89

yotaguy89 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota 4runner SR5
    Hey what’s up everyone. I’m new to these forums and hope you guys can help me out.

I recently lifted my 3rd gen 4Runner 3inches. Billies 5100 front and rear and OME 881/890. About three months ago along with resurfaced front rotors with new pads and about two weeks ago replaced brake booster. Now once the brake booster had gotten replaced. I drove it to work and noticed that the braking power is taking a little more effort than it should. After that, I did a rear brake job, resurfaced drums and new shoes. Now NOTE that I don’t remember when I had replaced the rear brake drum. The mechanics hadn’t said anything about them so I went with it. Back track to the time I took it for a front brake job. At that time I don’t know if they bled the brakes. So fast forward to this past Monday I took the runner to bleed out any possible air that could be in the system. After bleeding all four, test drove runner around the block. It was all good. No problem.I noticed on the way home after work there’s a vibration feeling when I’m driving high way speeds. From 50mph to 70mph. It feels like it’s coming from the rear. Now when braking the vibration and light pulse in the front and coming from the rear through brake pedal. NOTE i have replaced the drive shaft myself. I checked it again to see if it could be the case, but no. Could it be rear brake drums? Front rotors? Tire unbalance? Hope you guys can help with this. Have any of y’all experienced this problem?

2. Jul 9, 2020 at 6:26 AM
    SlvrSlug

SlvrSlug Slightly bent.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Ramona Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2017 4-Runner SR-5 P. Kings, Built Right uca’s, Durabumps, RSG sliders
    Welcome to the forum.

Products Discussed in

To Top