1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upper/lower ball joints

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Bighead73, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Sep 17, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    Bighead73

Bighead73 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vehicle:
    04 toyota tacoma 4runner
    Would like to know the assembly for upper/lower ball joint replacements and the torque

2. Nov 13, 2016 at 4:52 PM
    Onlythebeggining

Onlythebeggining New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brody
    Ventura county, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4runner SR5
    Stage three icon lift Shrockworks front bumber 102" whip antenna 33" bfg at's Cobra cb radio CBI rear bumper with tire carrier CBI kick out rock sliders.
    Havingthe dealer do mine as we speak. The best thing i can recoment is start a conversation with the guys in the shop at your local dealer and see if you can squeeze some specs out of them. Theyre all generally pretty nice dudes.

3. Nov 14, 2016 at 10:14 AM
    bahndrvr

bahndrvr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Melbourne, Fl
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 V8 4Runner
    2003 4Runner SR5 v8 - Temp Front: Top hat spacer 2.5" on Tacoma struts/springs Rear: TJM/King heavy extended Tacoma shocks 315 BFG AT KO2's (35's) Thrush Welded muffler and rear watermelon delete with turned exit K&N drop in, and extra filter delete Strengthened/Welded passenger side front diff mount Front diff drop - due to the top hat spacer and massive droop.... Scion headunit CB Other stuff done, 6th 4Runner:)
    What are you looking or exactly, I just did SPC upper a-arms with the offset and adjustable balljoints and then removed lower balljoitns and pressed in MOOG lower ball joints. I will say the upper a-arms are easy, the lower is a complete Bitch, I gave up on pressing them out even with the correct tools, and beat them out with an 8lb sledge which worked, then used the correct tool and the MOOG's went in super easy. I bought my MOOG's for the lower on Amazon for 22 a piece.

Products Discussed in

To Top