1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPDATED: CODE #26/ THROWING MORE PARTS AR HER

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Pyroslinger, May 21, 2021.

1. May 21, 2021 at 10:52 PM
    Pyroslinger

Pyroslinger [OP] 1995 Hi-Lux Surf 3.0 3VZE Factory 250,000

Member:
    First Name:
    Pyroslinger
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    1995 Hi-Lux Surf SR-5 3.0 3VZE / Bought at 29,000 - Present 250,000/ Rusted Body, Excellent Otherwise
    Factory/ 2" Ol Man Emu Rear Springs/ Skyjacker Shocks/ Cat- Back Exaust/ K&N Air Filter/ Denso Iridium Plugs/Neoprene Vacume Lines/Sony CD Head Unit+Focal Factory Fit Speakers
    REVISION SINCE ORIGINAL POST: SO...the saga continues to this day......May 21 2021. :tumbleweed: In addition to installing the new fuel pressure regulator before leaving for Arizona in January, (wasn't so bad at all). Did a full 5 Gallon Dex-Merc Tranny Flush. Also replaced the igniter while in Arizona. Also ran RedLine Injector Cleaner X 2 during the 2500 mile endurance drive. Ended up cutting the flared ends of a few vacuum lines near the Throttle Body. She still hates the Sizzling Arizona Sonoran Desert heat..but did actually quite well this time. A few rough idle starts and tossed a few codes, #14+25+26, otherwise I am proud of her! She got me 2500 miles down to Arizona from Montana and back the other day, without any codes after resetting before leaving and ran dam good! I got Frisky after a few drinks and arriving in Idaho a few days ago, after burning junk fuel all winter and dumped in a 12oz of Techron on 1/4 tank, to give her a strong shot for treating me so well. Bitch!! Threw the #26 after the dam Techron and the weather went suddenly cold...but the CEL went off and I reset it again. The next thing...I am gonna replace every inch of vacuum line with Neoprene and see what happens. Then the dreaded PVC Valve! Better get a gallon of Jameson for that one. I just can't believe she is still running so well after everything we have been through together. Someday....I will PUT A STOP TO CEL CODES! Was running through the forum threads on this #14-25-26 Bull$hit...what a hell of a dam deal!! Anyway...the update is made the thread should be bumped. Life goes on. Take Care Fellow 4Rusters!! Slow Runners Rock!
    ORIGINAL POST:
    "To make a very long story short, I have owned this 1995 3VZE Hi-Lux Surf for many years. Bought it at 29,000 miles, now 250,000. I have suffered and overcome most all common problems conceivable, head gaskets, 3 timing belts and everything else with them to the core, pulleys, pumps, belts, hoses, fluids, filters, radiator, rear window full rebuild, 2 starters, new cat-back exhaust + O2 sensor... the list goes on and on and on. Recently she threw the #52 "Code Of Death" Knock Sensor on my way back last winter 2020...I had it replaced by my "Guy" Keith At Rising Sun Toyota in Bozeman. He deserves a good plug. BEST DAM TOYOTA MECHANIC ON THE PLANET!! Along with another timing belt and the rest in there along with plugs, cap, rotor, wires...on and on and on. Now after all this it is throwing #26 Rich Code, I replaced the coil and all was well ...for awhile. The CEL still throws #26 weekly. I am beginning now to simply throw parts at her. No more Voltmeters or tinkering or testing....those days are long gone...just parts from here on.
    Next is the Fuel Pressure Regulator ..seems as though this wont be easy, as nothing really ever is on this Bitch...the fuel and vac line connections on the FPR are too long to simply turn 360* and spin it out to replace, gonna have to bend or cut them shorter. Not about to remove the plenum...again for this tiny part.
    Any suggestions or comments on this current dilema from the experienced mechanics on this forum to make this #26 go away??? Honestly at this point, I am growing weary of years of constant battling to keep her happy. She has been good to me and owes me nothing. I am going now into "Unlimited Budget" for parts to end this CEL B.S. I simply want to drive her off happily into the sunset.....forever. Any help would be appreciated on this #26 code and I will definitely reciprocate and help the newbies on their 3VZE 4Runner learning curve adventures the best I can." Thanks Fellas, Pyroslinger

130 (2016_12_17 07_30_03 UTC).jpg

131 (2016_12_17 07_30_03 UTC).jpg

139 (2016_12_17 07_30_03 UTC).jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    SlvrSlug likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top