1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trouble fitting in Toyota Trucks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Porkchopexpress, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Jul 1, 2018 at 4:20 PM
    Porkchopexpress

Porkchopexpress [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello,

I have always liked Toyota trucks but always struggled with the fit, (I’m tall).

My first was a 4th gen hilux, (or pickup as they were known) with a body lift and tires too big for the engine. Fun to off road but a pig on the freeway. However, I was never comfortable with the felling of sitting so low.

Second was a 4th gen 4Runner with the V8. I liked it a lot but it still had the low seat and it also had a low roofline blocking my view. After accidentally running a couple red lights from a blocked view, I decided it wasn’t safe for me to drive so I didn’t have it long.

Third was a 2nd gen Tundra. Finally found one I fit in and it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. I only sold it because I moved to the city and the size wasn’t practical.

Currently, I have a deposit on a new 4Runner TRD off road in nautical blue. The 5th gen solved both the low seat height and roof line issues I had with gen 4. I ordered the standard off road instead of premium to avoid the sunroof and increase headroom.

I plan on keeping it mostly stock and enjoy the practicality and long term reliability. I expect to use it for light off-roading and camping but nothing that requires modifications. Research on this forum helped me decide on my purchase, choosing KDSS suspension over the Pro.

Thanks for reading my post!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Jul 1, 2018 at 4:48 PM
    Ric

Ric New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ric
    glad you found something that fits,, Im just the opposite, Im short so I can fit just about anything lol. Just took my 07 up in the hills today, she did GREAT

jgcaps and Bob like this.
  3. Jul 1, 2018 at 7:20 PM
    rsimi72

rsimi72 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Premium - Gray
    Cool! Congrats on your new rig. We don’t see many blue 4Runners where I live. I think they’re sharp. Enjoy!

4. Jul 1, 2018 at 8:12 PM
    rkwfxd

rkwfxd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Whittier - So Cal
    You can get a premium without a sunroof. I did. They are SUPER capable off road right off the dealer lot.

5. Jul 1, 2018 at 10:41 PM
    Porkchopexpress

Member:
    I did not realize that. It’s not too late for me to change so I checked into it. It’s $2,000 more and you get softech seats and auto dimming rear view. They have a lot more non-premiums in stock too so they might not give me the same discounts, (no blue either). I’m happy with my choice, but thanks for the heads up!

rsimi72 and Bob like this.
  6. Jul 13, 2018 at 3:52 AM
    Porkchopexpress

Member:
    Picked up my Nautical Blue off road today. It looks even better in person. I had thought about having the dealer install Pro wheels but now that I see them in person, I’m glad I stuck with the factory wheels.

7. Jul 13, 2018 at 3:59 AM
    Porkchopexpress

Member:
  8. Jul 13, 2018 at 6:10 AM
    brownbear

brownbear Relax

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    OB Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD OFF ROAD
    NFab side steps TRD matte blk wheels K&N airfilter, go rhino rear hitch step,
    Congrats from Fl.

Products Discussed in

To Top