1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Pro Grill MC Auto Parts 2020 ORP Install

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by travelinscout, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Feb 22, 2021 at 12:10 PM
    travelinscout

travelinscout [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORP MGM
    I debated for a long time about changing my 2020 ORP grill, to the Pro. I always preferred the look of it, but could not justify the cost of about 400 bucks for a couple of pieces of plastic. I was also wary of Chinese garbage copies. Recently, I read a post about MC Auto Parts, and their grill, which I know, is also made in China. Last week I decided to go for it, for a total cost of about 150 bucks, including 4 small marker lights, which I have yet to install. On their website, there are many questions and answers regarding fitment for a 2020. All of them say that it does not fit the 2020. I would say that's half right. I had a great experience with MC. The grill arrived withing 4 days, and it was packed very well. The quality of the plastic looked very good to me. I have never examined an OEM up close, and I can't comment on the difference. When I say half right, I mean that mine came with the TSS cutout, which I was worried about. The only modification I had to do, was to cut the portions where the center top bracket mounts to the grill, and I resorted to a drill bit to grind it away. Not too pretty, but it worked. Here are a few pics of the TSS cut, as well as the final install. I watched a few youtube vids about getting the old grill off, and I will say it was very straightforward. I already know that the first T is not exactly perfect, and if you are OCD like me, you'll see it right away. Overall I am happy with it, and the 150 bucks I spent, including the 4 grill lights. Thanks for reading my ramblings!
    Pro Grill TSS Cut.jpg Pro Grill 1.jpg Pro Grill 2.jpg

DrewMan and Rainier42 like this.
  2. Feb 23, 2021 at 3:21 PM
    travelinscout

travelinscout [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORP MGM
    Update: I installed the 4 marker lights that came with the grill, and it couldn't have been easier.

I used the ground on the inner fender next to the battery, and the fuse marked INJ, in the fusebox that is right next to the battery. All of the parts needed were in the kit The lid of the fusebox does not close perfectly, and I may end up wiring them inside the cab.

The lights are on when the truck is running, and turn of when the truck isn't running. Wired lights 1.jpg wired lights 3.jpg wired lights 2.jpg

Cowboy59 and DrewMan like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top