1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Pro Exhaust

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by Gossamer, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Apr 3, 2021 at 10:22 AM
    edgesalon

edgesalon New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Te
    Vehicle:
    18 FunRunner :-)
    You need the whole exhaust from cat back the Trd Pro has 3 bolts at the bend over at the resantor in your picture #18 that attaches it together where as the OEM has only 2, you can't mix and match unless welding

2. Apr 3, 2021 at 3:10 PM
    Daytonaviolet

Daytonaviolet TRD Bro

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Blizzard Pearl TRD Bro
    I have a oem exhaust I removed the other day. Let me know if your interested. It’s from a ‘16 Limited. But they are all the same.

ACAEB8AA-D142-474C-B745-79906F07C4EA.jpg

3. Apr 3, 2021 at 4:07 PM
    Gamma Ray

Gamma Ray New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 Barcelona Red
    Hood protector, mud guards, cross bars, Wonderfulhz screen protector (8 inch)
    It looks like that's probably the stock stuff, so you'd need 11 and 16 for sure. Just in case, grab an extra 12 just in case. I put my TRD exhaust on my SR5 about half a year after getting it though with reduced mileage due to covid, and I was able to reuse the gasket that is 12, but better safe than sorry. You may also need to pick up a 17 and a few 18s depending on what you're getting. My TRD exhaust was a kit and came with the equivalents of those parts, but you might not get that 17 gasket and the 18 bolts. It looks like the nuts are welded to the pipe in that diagram, so you'll probably not have to worry about nuts. I know reusing the welded on nuts for 13 and 14 is how it goes, and you'll be reusing 13 and 14 anyway since you already have them. Just make sure you get them tight enough when you put them on or you'll end up losing them like me and my first time exhaust change newbie self last summer.

4. Apr 3, 2021 at 4:12 PM
    Gamma Ray

Gamma Ray New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 Barcelona Red
    Hood protector, mud guards, cross bars, Wonderfulhz screen protector (8 inch)
    I don't think I posted in this topic before the one right above, but I've had my TRD exhaust installed since last August, and it's been fine. The sound isn't bad, and it's silent most of the time. I'm not getting a drone that bugs me all the time. If I'm getting up to speed or going uphill, then it makes more noise, but it's fine. It also alerts morons who aren't looking both ways before crossing the road that you're coming since they can hear it before they see you.

Crossfit4Runner likes this.
  5. Apr 5, 2021 at 11:22 AM
    jigbobby

jigbobby New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2021TRD Pro
    Thank you everyone for the replies, exactly what I needed to know.

Products Discussed in

To Top