1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

*** TRD Pro Exhaust swap***

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by Zach4R, May 19, 2020.

1. May 19, 2020 at 9:14 PM
    Zach4R

Zach4R [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 T4R Venture
    (New member long time reader)

-So I just bought my second 4runner ( white ‘20 venture), my first was a ‘98 white SR5 that I got rid of at 350k miles. Probably irrelevant...

My question is this:

I just joined a facebook group and saw a guy post about the exhaust on his ‘20 TRD Pro. He doesn’t like the tone and asked if anyone with similar mileage would like to swap. His has ~9k and mine has 750 miles. I don’t see any reason not to (as long as I buy a gasket kit). Is there anyone who would tell me that I shouldn’t do this???

thanks in advance

2. May 19, 2020 at 10:35 PM
    flyinhoot

flyinhoot New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro 4Runner
    I thought ventures also had the exhaust? Otherwise can’t see why not.

3. May 20, 2020 at 3:30 AM
    Drababan

Drababan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner TRD Pro (Pickle Rick)
    That depends, have you listened to any of the videos on YouTube of the TRD Pro with the TRD Exhaust? I can tell you, i first bought a 2020 SR5-P and had some issues a couple months later I traded it in for the TRD Pro. I thought I would like the exhaust and it was in the plans for upgrades on the SR5. I gotta say that the thought has crossed my mine multiple times to offer up the swap as well. I don't think it sounds all that good and there is way too much drone for me. I don't think the 4.0 and the 5 speed is a good match for this kind of thing. The gearing always keeps the rpm low do you get a constant droning sound. This is all personal taste of course. For every person like me there is another person who loves it. I'm just saying there is a real possibility you won't like it. My suggestion is to see if he'll take you for a ride first. It'll sound the same on your car as it does on his.

DRobs likes this.
  4. May 20, 2020 at 4:04 AM
    DRobs

DRobs New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota 4Runner OR - MGM
    265/70R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, Eibach Pro Truck Lift, Warn VR10 Winch, Warn 100022 Winch Bumper, TRD Skid Plate, Cali Raised Light Bar, Shrockworks Sliders and Skids, LFD Ruggadized Cross Bars
    timkins42 likes this.
  5. May 20, 2020 at 6:43 AM
    flyinhoot

flyinhoot New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro 4Runner
    I tend to enjoy it. Occasionally at some rpms on the freeway it’s drone can be a little on the loud side but I enjoy the difference. Granted I used to build muscle cars and fly loud ass airplanes for a living.

Products Discussed in

To Top