1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota TechStream

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by DesertSurfer, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Apr 26, 2024 at 7:50 PM
    DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2024 T4R ORP w/KDSS Underground
    First off, welcome to the weekend. My son (Toyota Certified Master Tech) came over today with his Toyota TechStream device and said; remember when I drove your 4Runner last week and I told you that there is air trapped in your brake lines, I’m here to fix it. OK, go ahead, I say. I’ll need your help though. OK, sounds good. He hooked up the device and could turn on the brake booster pump from the front seat, while I was under the truck breaking loose the bleeder. I could hear the ticking of the pump when he turned it on and him say, break it loose, now close it in 4 second intervals. There was a count down pause to let the pump cool. Sequence was RF, LF, RR, LR. RF; bubbles came out on first two bleeds, none on second two bleeds. LF; same as RF. RR; same as first two. LR; no bubbles, only bleed it twice then. Took it for a cruise and holy crap, it nosed dived on the first time I applied the brakes. Never had that happen before, just heard about it on here from you folks. The brakes were now being activated much sooner and at the top of the stroke, not the middle or farther. My son asked, how does it feel now, I said “great” “Mikey likes it”. I asked him, this truck has only 1,400 miles, what’s up with that? He said, a lot of them come like that, but people don’t realize it because the truck stops so good with just half a brake pedal. He said, remember that day I told you that your brakes don’t work very good, there must be air in the line and you said, nah, it feels fine to me, it’s a brand new truck, forget it. He said, I knew how stubborn you are so I didn’t even bother to call to tell you I was coming over to bleed your brakes, now your smiling. Moral of the story, old men don’t care, had to care about so many things in their lives that a half a pedal is better than no pedal, but still, a nice Easter egg for a Friday night!IMG_1101.jpg IMG_1099.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top