1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Too late to order a TRD Pro in March?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by 20174RUNNERCEMENT, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Mar 26, 2017 at 4:14 PM
    20174RUNNERCEMENT

20174RUNNERCEMENT [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    GARY
    Howdy, I am new to the club. I have a month old deposit and order in for a 2017 4Runner TRD PRO in cement. My dealer says you WILL get your truck-it will take between 3 to 6 months but you WILL get it-no question. I have talked to quite a few dealers, customers and owners of 2017 Pros and have received many different answers regarding ordering and wait times. I have been told you cannot order a Pro in cement color now because they are only making 300 to 500 in that color and they have all been ordered by early 2017 and the dealer cannot specify color anyway, if Toyota sends him a 4Runner Pro, Toyota picks the color and the dealer has to live with it. Other dealers told me you may not get a Pro at all even if you have a month old order. Does ANYBODY out there have credible info on ordering a 4Runner Pro as fr as can you still order one, color choices, wait times, chances it will come in if ordered in early March 2017? Thanks for listening !!!!!

2. Mar 26, 2017 at 6:08 PM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    You're going to get a lot of answers here as just like you, many potential buyers and current owners heard all kinds of crazy stuff during their buying process.

Contrary to popular belief, you cannot "build" a TRD Pro. Each dealership is allocated a certain number of TRD Pro's per year (Ford SVT vehicles are the same way, Raptors and Focus RS's). The Toyota dealership for example is allocated three TRD Pro's for 2017. It will come with certain options (step bars, roof rack cross bars, ect.) from the factory. You can "option" it out by adding or removing the accessories but that is up to the dealership to remove or add, the factory is sending them regardless. So, if the dealership is allocated three TRD Pro's, a white, red, and cement one, you put a deposit for that Cement one, its "yours". I assume that since your dealership is saying you will get one, they know they have one coming. Dealerships will never divulge their allocations because if you know they won't be getting a certain model for a while, but another dealership is, you'll obviously shop elsewhere. Another possibility is that your dealership already got their allocation of Cement Pro's for the year, but they are getting a white Pro, they'll trade it with another dealership so you can get the color you want. This process is all dependant on other dealership allocations, paperwork and wheeling and dealing.

If you really want a Cement Pro at a reasonable price, I'd shop on car buying websites and call around. Personal experience, the dealership I ended up buying mine from was super upfront. They told me it would be exactly a 3 month wait and even gave me an arrival date of the vehicle.

3. Mar 27, 2017 at 6:19 AM
    MRM69

MRM69 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Barcelona Red TRD Pro
    No real credible information on being able to order one or not, but with my purchase, ordering a vehicle did little to no good. It wasn't because the guys were jerks or anything like that, they just didn't have the horsepower to gain an allocation over the top sellers in my region (Northeast). They are still being told they will get "1" allocation for a Pro this year, but have no idea when they will get it or what color it will be when they do.

I called/emailed all over the NE to dealers who had allocations for about 2 months, with most of them saying they had deposits on them. I lucked out and one of them contacted me when the original customer backed out of the vehicle when the car arrived. I gave them a deposit on the phone and was driving home with it a few days later.

I think it's possible to order and receive the TRDP, but I would recommend doing it with a dealer who has a history of receiving them and has the ability to get more than 1. I got the first 2017 at my dealer, but they also had Tundra and Tacoma Pro's on the lot and had received 3-4 T4R Pro's for 2015 and 2016. They anticipated receiving more, though I haven't kept in touch with them to know when and if that will happen?

On the other 4runner forum a guy in NYC just went to Georgia to pick up and drive home his new TRDP. They're out there for the buying, just maybe not as close as you would like...

4. Mar 27, 2017 at 4:02 PM
    20174RUNNERCEMENT

20174RUNNERCEMENT [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    GARY
    Thanks for the info, interesting...

5. Mar 27, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner TRD Offroad
    If you're up in Canada the country is sold out.

Working at a dealership I was denied the ability to even order one (by my dealers rules since I would have wanted it at my discount), SO I used my wild card which my wife works for Toyota Canada and as a factory employee she is able to purchase one, as the dealership gets its kick back, PLUS I make my commission!

It won't be cement sadly, although I do like white. It was the only unit allocated to us.

6. Mar 29, 2017 at 1:12 PM
    Idahomie

Idahomie New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro?
    I put the down payment on mine November 22nd and the build was completed on 24 March. Now I am just waiting on the ferry ride. I went through the biggest Toyota dealership in my state and they were allocated 3 TRDP's. Right before mine went into build I wanted to add an option that is only included on the Midwest builds, my dealer looked and said there were only 5 others in cement that were coming over and all had down payments already. Pickings are slim west of the Mississippi apparently.

Krezz likes this.
  7. Mar 29, 2017 at 1:24 PM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner TRD Offroad
    Love your screen name!

Products Discussed in