1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

To do or not to do?

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by Buck, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Mar 23, 2016 at 9:56 PM
    Buck

Buck [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Buck
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    Soon to come
    Hey guys and gals, I'm about to buy a 2000 4Runner 4x4 3.4l with a auto. Non locked. Just waiting for my Tacoma to sell. I was going to see everyone's input on what mods they are really glad they did and ones that you kind of regret doing. I'm definitely going to redo all the lighting and I have a front bumper in the making already. Along with some ome 883s and 5100s for the extra weight. Anyone do the hood ditch lights from cbi? How's the glare off the hood? Air locker or e locker rear end swap? To deck plate or not to deck plate? Switch set ups for accessories? Air intakes? Just trying to see what everyone likes and dislikes. Might be a good thread for new owners as well.

2. Mar 26, 2016 at 11:52 AM
    Justin5772002

Justin5772002 New Member

Member:
    I just completed the Tundra brake upgrade standby and I'll tell you how I like it but going through pads every 3 months on stock brakes I'm sure it will be much better

3. Mar 29, 2016 at 5:55 PM
    Buck

Buck [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Buck
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    Soon to come
    Nice let me know how that works for me. I've thought about doing that but I don't really tow anything enough to make it worth it I think. The most weight I have usually is my dualsport on the back and camping gear in the hatch. I'm thinking a volant intake will be my first performance upgrade.

Products Discussed in

To Top