1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Repair Kits: What has worked for you?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by TDRProDave, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Jan 21, 2022 at 8:56 AM
    TDRProDave

TDRProDave [OP] Here for the gear

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    South Bay
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cavalry Blue TRD Pro
    Kumho AT51 tires, OEM Rock Rails, Talons Garage CC Cover
    Thanks! I have purchased the Viair air down gauge. I still need to buy a compressor, I am leaning towards the Napa but haven't made that purchase yet.

DRobs[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Jan 21, 2022 at 9:25 AM
    K-Paul

K-Paul Looking for a water crossing

Member:
    First Name:
    Corbin Dallas
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4WD
    Check dis out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EVtW34U8Fw

After this, I got one and it's been a boss hog.

DRobs and TDRProDave[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  3. Jan 21, 2022 at 10:16 AM
    The Knitted Brow

The Knitted Brow New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 White 4Runner
    In a previous life vehicle (130k miles in 6 years) had the ARB dual compressor hardwire installed and it was always one thing or another. If not the solenoids or hose to the locking differentials or mice ate through the wires, but always something. On a one-way 2,300 mile trip from Arizona to Florida on I-10, the driver-side rear tire blew at 80mph in New Mexico. Replaced with spare and on the same trip, the passenger rear tire blew at 80mph in Texas. Thus, on a 7,000+ mile round-trip from Arizona to the Panama Canal and back, I thought to take two spare tires. NOT a single tire issue! NOT ONE!

The moral of the story, "Everyone has a plan until the first punch." -Mike Tyson

Thus, now I carry a Slime air compressor ($55), Slime tire repair kit ($8.97), Slime 4-way valve core tool ($2.96), and a $1 tire air gauge. It all fits in the original air compressor bag and I store it under the hood, held with a bungee cord, in the passenger rear corner where most hardwire install their air compressor of choice. While have NOT needed the repair kit, I have used the others numerous times without failure. By the way, I subscribe to removing the valve core to deflate each tire. Refilling the tires takes 1-2 minutes per tire longer than the ARB did. But those 1-2 minutes extra per tire is NOT noticeable, as I do NOT find refilling a race but a moment to stretch, reflect, and take in the drive just completed, and maybe something to eat.

IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0024.jpg DSC00197.jpg IMG_7236 2.jpg

TDRProDave[OP] and Dabigono like this.
  4. Apr 21, 2024 at 6:48 AM
    Hfahmiz

Hfahmiz New Member

Member:
    I've used the ARB Speedy Seal tire repair kit, and it's been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. It's compact, well-made, and includes everything you need to quickly plug a puncture and get back on the road. The instructions are clear, and the tools are sturdy enough to handle rough terrain.
    All the repair kits for car i got from Klifex. Always i choose Klifex for what i need for car.

To Top