1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thumbs up for Sprint Booster

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by ckon, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Jun 11, 2018 at 10:29 AM
    Seanjohn1

Seanjohn1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SE Michigan
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Pro Cav Blue
    just installed the PC. Just wow!! Sport plus seems to be a bit much but really cool. Will play with it some more after I sell some cars. Everybody at the dealership loves it. I can see this being HUGE for the current Tacoma trans issue. Definitely recommend these boosters. Haven’t compared side by side but will.....

2. Jun 11, 2018 at 10:41 AM
    ckon

ckon [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    SE Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver TRD ORP w/KDSS
    Tinted front windows | Hard-wired radar detecter | Heritage grille | Bumper, wheelwell and mudflap mod | 285/70 Nitto Grapplers | Plasti-Dipped valances, rack rails and logos | Replace all interior lamps w/LEDs | XenonDepot HIDs | Salex console and glove box organizers | RCI aluminum skid plate | Sprint Booster | Bilstein 5100 Shocks - Leveled @ .85 |
    The longer I use it the more time I spend in Sport. I just had to break the habit of moving the pedal a large amount and get a bit more precise with my foot. I think it may be a couple more weeks before I settle on one setting.

3. Jun 11, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    CollinJ

CollinJ TRD Off-Road

Member:
    South NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Premium
    Bilstein TRD Pro Suspension - TRD skid plate - TRD CAI - AFE Pro Dry Filter - 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2’s - LFD Off-Rod roof bars - Ellis Percision Shift knobs - Canvasback Cargo Liner - Blackout Emblems - Diode Dynamics interior LEDs
    You guys all suck.... gonna make me try it out haha

GunRunner likes this.
  4. Jun 11, 2018 at 5:30 PM
    Seanjohn1

Seanjohn1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SE Michigan
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Pro Cav Blue
    You’re gonna love it!!

CollinJ likes this.
  5. Jun 11, 2018 at 8:01 PM
    GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner OffRoad
    So what’s the consensus sprint booster or pedal commander?

6. Jun 11, 2018 at 10:07 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts New Member

Member:
    I has the PC. It's good. I like it, the wife likes it. We're all good

7. Jun 12, 2018 at 2:43 AM
    ckon

ckon [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    SE Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Tinted front windows | Hard-wired radar detecter | Heritage grille | Bumper, wheelwell and mudflap mod | 285/70 Nitto Grapplers | Plasti-Dipped valances, rack rails and logos | Replace all interior lamps w/LEDs | XenonDepot HIDs | Salex console and glove box organizers | RCI aluminum skid plate | Sprint Booster | Bilstein 5100 Shocks - Leveled @ .85 |
    After talking to Sean, it sounds like they both do the same thing, but with a different interface. The choice is yours. :)

8. Jun 13, 2018 at 10:25 AM
    PCRIDE4RUNNER

PCRIDE4RUNNER New Member

Member:
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    What about reliability ? It kinda seems nerve racking that another part (other than OEM) sits in between the OEM system and the petal. I was surprised to see that the pedal is just a switch basically that communicates with the throttle body system and this device just tells it to open more with less movement on the pedal. It’s a great idea but is there any concern with malfunction or gremlins getting into the system? An unexpected throttle increase because of a malfunction could be disasterous, or it fails and no communication occurs.

The Toyota Recall few years ago where people thought the vehicle was unexpectly accelerating turned out to be older people drivers getting the gas and brake mixed up, that’s what I read somewhere anyways....

9. Jun 13, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    ckon

ckon [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    SE Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Obviously with the addition of more parts there's a greater chance of something failing, but it's not a thing I'm going to be concerned about. I've had throttle linkages stick before and just shutting down the engine safely is not brain surgery.

10. Jun 13, 2018 at 8:50 PM
    themixr

themixr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    06 4Runner
    Sport 1is my sweet spot so far.

11. Jun 13, 2018 at 8:53 PM
    PCRIDE4RUNNER

PCRIDE4RUNNER New Member

Member:
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    just calling out the unexpected “jump” into the car in front of you, or into the side of a store. The product is still new so no one knows, only time will tell. I still like the idea, just getting the other perspective seen here....

12. Jun 13, 2018 at 10:48 PM
    ckon

ckon [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    SE Michigan
    Vehicle:
    No problem - I understand your concern. FWIW, this isn't a new product. I've found seven year old threads discussing it. That's one of the reasons I wondered why we don't hear much about it - it's been around for quite a while. I only saw one person who didn't think it was worth the expense and returned it. That's pretty high praise.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    PCRIDE4RUNNER likes this.
  13. Jun 14, 2018 at 9:05 AM
    JBTRD

JBTRD Hunting, Fishing, Lovin' Everyday

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Lox, FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 trail
    This tech has been around. This is in most luxury cars today. The little drive select dial between eco, sport, and normal is the same thing as these just after market. Yea its not OEM but it is the same tech.

PCRIDE4RUNNER likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top