1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The 2022 how much and how long was your wait thread

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Pavo, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Jan 17, 2022 at 10:09 AM
    YetiMtnBkr

YetiMtnBkr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro
    None
    DARCARS Toyota of Frederick (Maryland) has a Lime Rush Pro sitting on it's lot today. Their website says "call for price".

2. Jan 17, 2022 at 11:38 AM
    LimeE

LimeE New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4runner
    Took about two months for me, originally went to the dealership to order a 22 limited to replace my 13. They had one on allocation and said it would be about a month, while waiting though my salesman reached out and said they had a pro coming in. We had talked about me wanting one when we were discussing the limited, switched to the pro and picked it up today, right around two months from my original visit.

travelinscout and Spare Parts like this.
  3. Jan 18, 2022 at 12:22 PM
    mmartin23

mmartin23 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD PRO Black
    vintage stripes on grill, amber lights in grill
    I ordered my black TRD Pro '22 on October 28th. I was told it arrived to port on 1/15. I asked my dealer what port, they don't get that information is what I was told. I am on the East Coast and wondering how long it takes from arrival at port until arrival at the dealer.

4. Jan 18, 2022 at 12:28 PM
    mac1usa

mac1usa New Member

Member:
    That is a bunch of bologna. I got updates every few days from my salesperson. He told me when it was at port, loaded onto a rail, which states it was in and detailed info. One day was on a train in Utah I believe under route. Then it was in a Chicago rail yard for a weekend. They can tell you just takes some effort.
    Congratulations to you though on your purchase

5. Jan 18, 2022 at 12:31 PM
    GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro - Black
    I didn't know which port, either (Dealer in Fredericksburg VA). But mine arrived at the port on 1 or 2 Dec and arrived at the dealer on 10 Dec.

My dealer only told me when it arrived and then one day sent a pic of it on a trailer pulling into the dealership. Nothing else - even though I was asking every few days. Each dealer is different how much info the provide, I guess.

Jere39 likes this.
  6. Jan 18, 2022 at 12:33 PM
    cuse93

cuse93 New Member

Member:
    I'm in upstate NY.... about 2 weeks from port (I think Port Elizabeth/Newark) to dealer

7. Jan 18, 2022 at 12:34 PM
    mmartin23

mmartin23 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD PRO Black
    @GenoBluzGtr Thanks. I hope mine is quick. the dealer said today that they have no eta yet.

8. Jan 18, 2022 at 12:35 PM
    mmartin23

mmartin23 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD PRO Black
    @cuse93 thanks I am hoping mine arrived into Newark as well. That is not far from my dealer. I asked today if they had an update and they said no ETA. It has only been three days but I was hoping they would have an estimate

9. Jan 18, 2022 at 12:39 PM
    GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro - Black
    I also believe the number of "port installed" options changes things as well... if you got a bunch of stuff like sliding cargo deck, side steps, etc. Those get done after arrival at port and can delay things for a bit. Mine was 10 days port to dealer, but I only had the dual USB charging ports (which I think is a factory-installed option).

10. Jan 18, 2022 at 1:21 PM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    Anywhere from 2-7 weeks,based on threads like this one

11. Jan 18, 2022 at 3:31 PM
    mmartin23

mmartin23 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD PRO Black
    @TRDLE I just got an email from my dealership that it is expected to be on their lot on 1/24!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! I love my 16 but ready for a new toy

12. Jan 18, 2022 at 3:33 PM
    mmartin23

mmartin23 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD PRO Black
    @GenoBluzGtr I have the TRD Pro floor mats, Blackout eblems, door edge guards, and running boards being added. I just received an email from my dealer that they have an ETA of 1/24

13. Jan 18, 2022 at 3:45 PM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    You bastard. Mine arrived at port 12/28 and I'm still waiting. But mine is in Portland, OR

14. Jan 18, 2022 at 4:21 PM
    jmurphy1267

jmurphy1267 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    Soon to Be TRD ORP
    THe dealer should know the port that it is coming in. The dealer I used was able to tell me the port just not the exact day it would be at the dealer until it gets closer to arrival.

15. Jan 18, 2022 at 7:01 PM
    stryderlis

stryderlis New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Lunar Rock TRD ORP
    I was just told by my salesperson that there’s a covid outbreak at the shipping yard. I’m guessing the shipping yard delivers to the dealers and that’s most likely a local thing.

16. Jan 18, 2022 at 7:52 PM
    Mr. Snuffleupagus

Mr. Snuffleupagus Light Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandt
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Pro
    Elka 2.5 DC, Sherpa Crestone, C4 Lo Pro, Baja Designs S8, Morimoto 4bangers, Switch Pro 9100, Westcott Designs sliders, Toyo Open Country RT Trail 285 75/R17
    Order a TRD pro at MSRP in mid-October. Got an allocation in December with scheduled delivery in early February. Wait times will vary greatly depending upon the waiting list and number of units your dealer sells.

17. Jan 19, 2022 at 11:07 AM
    GlacierTrails

GlacierTrails New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Vehicle:
    Waiting on 2022 ORP
    Hello everyone!

This is my first post. I've been browsing the forum for a couple years and finally pulled the trigger back in the fall and ordered one.

I have not had the best experience with the salesmen on this purchase and I am looking for the experienced feedback you all provide. This is the first new car I have purchased but I have bought used from this dealership multiple times and have had great experiences before.

I live in NW Montana and am looking for a Lunar Rock ORP. My only must haves are KDSS and NO moon roof. Other than that I told the dealer I would take whatever they could find. I made an appointment to meet with the salesperson on a Saturday as I am a teacher and can't make it to the dealer on weekdays. I show up on Saturday and he has "taken the day off" according to a coworker.

Ok that's a bit strange. The other sales guy answered my questions and I put down the deposit on September 18th after being quoted MSRP. They told me they could not give me any estimate on delivery. I told them I was not in a rush, if I have it by April I'm happy. He said that should not be an issue but with everything going on you never know. All good, the world is crazy right now, I understand.

I continued my conversations with the 1st sales guy via email and was requesting a digital copy of the quote. He sent me the wrong one 4 times before he got me the correct one. He also continues to call me Todd (my name is Troy) on all the emails. He just seems to be super un-organized and can't keep anything straight.

The salesperson has never reached out to me after almost 4 months. I have emailed him twice to check in and he responds "we have placed the order with Toyota but we are still waiting on a build date still." He never reaches out to me. He only responds when I contact him. Seems most sales folk reach out regularly from what I have read here.

Ok now I need your feedback. Are these serious red flags? I am thinking about talking to the sales manager and try to work with a different sales person.

I am also thinking I should probably reach out to the other dealers in my state (trying to stay in MT where there is no sales tax) and get a down payment at a few others in case the dealership I am working with is just sitting on my money waiting for me to get desperate and just take whatever they have.

18. Jan 19, 2022 at 11:17 AM
    slixx1320

slixx1320 New Member

Member:
    ^^ So are you working with the original sales guy that stood you up or is this the new sales guy that you spoke to at the dealer when you went in?

Is the deposit refundable (should be)? If it is, I'd leave the deposit with that dealer and start inquiring with other dealerships and asking what their timeline looks like. You might get lucky and get the one you want.

19. Jan 19, 2022 at 11:23 AM
    316KS_Runner

316KS_Runner Currently a Tundra in search of a 4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    I am having the same issue with a dealer here in CT. Salesperson just doesn't seem to care. Anyways, I found a new dealer in the area that has a few on site to choose from and will be using them. My order was originally placed on 9/24 and this Saturday will be the 120 day mark of no delivery and I will finally be able to get my deposit back from the first dealer.

If I were you I would get the deposit back and move on. But that's just my .02.

20. Jan 19, 2022 at 11:24 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    Sale people vary, some suck real bad, which is why they are car salespeople, while others are great and could sell you bald tire even though you have 5 brand new ones.

I am working with a few dealerships and will say I have one salesperson very similar to what you are experiencing. At another, the sales person was great and I really wanted to purchase from them, but they have a market adjustment and that puts me out. The relationship with 3rd dealership is just beginning. I have no issue placing deposits with multiple dealerships, just make sure it's refundable. Good luck finding what you want. I have been looking for a ORP in AG with KDSS.

21. Jan 19, 2022 at 11:29 AM
    banjos-n-beer

banjos-n-beer New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 Pro
    are you sure he's still your salesman? most dealerships will allow the salesmen to poach each other's customers. if the other dude took the deposit, he might be your new salesman, and could explain the other dude's aloofness.

22. Jan 19, 2022 at 11:42 AM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    Definitely keep looking at other dealers. If they don't have an allocation yet there's no guarantee if or when they'll get one. But I've had two salesmen and neither one give me updates unless I ask. I get it though, some people think it's a waste of time to send and email that says they still don't know anything.

23. Jan 19, 2022 at 1:27 PM
    stryderlis

stryderlis New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Lunar Rock TRD ORP
    I was looking for the same exact car but my requirements were just lunar rock with kdss. I’ve been told that’s the hardest combination to get(4-6months), so I just gave up and found lunar rock without kdss at a different dealership and will be buying that instead.

24. Jan 19, 2022 at 8:00 PM
    peaceloveandtattoos

peaceloveandtattoos New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 Army Green ORP
    Trd pro skid plate, roof rack, wheels, tires and lift, predator tubes
    I have dealt with multiple dealerships over the past 6 months in the saga of getting my rig and my advice is LOOK FOR ANOTHER DEALER and do it immediately haha. The difference in service between a good dealership and a not so good dealership makes a crazy difference in the buying experience. just because the market is shit doesn’t mean they shouldn’t earn your business!

Dabigono likes this.
  25. Jan 19, 2022 at 8:33 PM
    dklehman

dklehman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darin
    Vehicle:
    2022 4runner or
    I believe in Washington they will honor your tax exempt status you just have to show proof of Montana residency.

26. Jan 20, 2022 at 7:16 AM
    sectachrome

sectachrome New Member

Member:
    Anyone getting a white TRD Pro soon? I’ve been watching the Toyota inventory site for the Denver area for the past month and I don’t think I’ve seen a single white one show up there. Lots of the other 3 colors though. Seems odd.

27. Jan 20, 2022 at 8:43 AM
    4wheelgreg

4wheelgreg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Bensalem Pa
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Pro
    I got my pro last month , I was not expecting a call from my local dealer , I got a guy … my sales guy said someone backed out and we don’t have anyone taking it and If I want it he will hold I have to drive up and give them a deposit and the Pro was expected in 3 days from that .
    Was kind of crazy , I was not expecting that , dealer is pretty user friendly , they don’t add any BS price adjustments , just the MSRP .
    Only negative for me is the Lime Rush color … its kind of growing on me I would have preferred white .
    Then after I took the truck I found some active YouTube guy who goes threw a lot of trucks posted a video he found and bought another one closer and for anyone to contact him if they wanted … It was the one I got .
    Every area is different … there is a dealer on Staten Island NY has one with a 25k markup / price adjustment rip off … If they were not so serious it would be funny .

28. Jan 20, 2022 at 12:14 PM
    Cardork

Cardork New Member

Member:
    Redwood Curtain
    Vehicle:
    2021 Venture
    Congrats! I would have done the same thing that you did and I am really don’t dig the color either.

29. Jan 20, 2022 at 12:15 PM
    Jere39

Jere39 Rattlesnake Trail - Sproul SF

Member:
    Sky Island, PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner SR5 MGM
    According to a recent report, my '22 SR5 is supposed to be into port on 1/23. I kept holding out on a 30k service and the PA safety and emissions inspection which is due by end of January on my '18 Tacoma. I finally settled with my best judgement and had the inspections done today. It would be my luck I'd get a random sobriety stop on February 1 and have an expired inspection sticker. Now, to jinx myself - I hope that is the last I spend on the Tacoma.

30. Jan 20, 2022 at 12:41 PM
    TRDLE

TRDLE New Member

Member:
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro
    I'm waiting for my '22, it's sitting at port right now. In the past month or so I've needed tires, battery, and windshield wipers on my current car.

Lucky_13 and Jere39[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top