1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taller tires? please advice

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by taco_runner, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Jun 25, 2020 at 8:41 PM
    taco_runner

taco_runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Vehicle:
    4Runner TRD OR Premium
    I'm planning on putting maybe 1 inch taller and a little wider tires on a TRD ORP .

What is the actual circumference of the stock tires?

Do I need a lift, new shocks, springs, etc, and what will be a good all terrain tire to accomplish my plan above?

I apologize if my question doesn't make sense, I a total noob..

Thanks

2. Jun 25, 2020 at 8:59 PM
    Snickel Fritz

Snickel Fritz Grew Up Around Lead Paint

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD ORP - Silver
    FN Konig Six Shooters+Cooper AT3 4S 255/75/17 Kenwood DNX996XR RAV4 heated blind spot mirrors OEM Blackout Edition LED fogs Buncha sheepskin stuff Not installed... yet: Thinkware U1000 DC (benched) Renogy DCC50S (benched) SOS Concepts Aluminum Full Bumper and Steel Sliders (ordered)
    Welcome to the forum!

Probably a good 20% of all posts on this forum are discussing your questions, please check out the search function (you will want to select the "5th gen" section to search within) and prepare to be amazed at the wealth of information...

edit:
    I should note, you'll inevitably get a few layers deep into your process and have tons more questions, but definitely come back to this same thread and continue it!
    Once we get a few details on where your head's at, and what you're considering doing to get there, we'll all jump right back in and beat that dead horse with glee.
    My first actual bit of advice (I'm know for doing this lol) is to consider going tall and skinny, instead of tall and wide. I'm on 32" 255s and will hopefully going to 33" 255s soon. No rub, ever. No modifications needed. Has seen off road, mud, gravel, hills, a little snow and ice, water crossings... no real sand or hard crawling yet. Handled all of the above, plus all types of pavement including cobblestone better than stock. Have a look!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    taco_runner [OP] and SlvrSlug like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top