1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

T-Revv's T-Runner

Discussion in '2nd Gen Builds (1990-1995)' started by Marlin Crawler T-Revv, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Mar 3, 2020 at 3:32 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Marlin Crawler T-Revv [OP] Lead Sales Marlin Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    SAS, 5.29 gears, Tacoma Elockers front and rear, Marlin Crawler Dual Ultimate transfer cases, All- Pro leaf springs, 37" tires, chromoly axle shafts, Marlin Crawler R150F Transmission, Marlin Crawler front and rear bumpers, Marlin Crawler Sliders, Marlin Crawler Axle armor.
    Got it mostly done. Enough to make it Clovisfest and be a little show piece for our local 4 wheel drive club this weekend. clovisfest1.jpg clovisfest2.jpg rearflex.jpg

bthp223, dcsleeper408 and BestGen like this.
  2. Mar 3, 2020 at 3:48 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    SAS, 5.29 gears, Tacoma Elockers front and rear, Marlin Crawler Dual Ultimate transfer cases, All- Pro leaf springs, 37" tires, chromoly axle shafts, Marlin Crawler R150F Transmission, Marlin Crawler front and rear bumpers, Marlin Crawler Sliders, Marlin Crawler Axle armor.
    Got my sliders put on. I was a little particular about how I wanted them to come out so it took longer than I expected on a Friday night. But they came out good, and was ready for the trail the next day.
    Trunnersliderspic1.jpg
    Trunnersliderspic2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    dcsleeper408 and BestGen like this.
  3. Mar 3, 2020 at 3:51 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Went in with another member of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Fresno and closed down the Swamp Lake Trail for the season. Good first wheeling for the T-Runner. Had a good trip, I was very happy with the way it wheeled. and was super pumped about finally getting to wheel this rig. It was long awaited. Trunnerswamppic1.jpg Trunnerswamppic2.jpg Trunnerswamppic3.jpg Trunnerswamppic4.jpg

dcsleeper408, BestGen and alittleoff like this.
  4. Mar 3, 2020 at 3:52 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    After that, got ready for Panamint Valley Days . So the shakedown run on swamp was good since now Ill be 6 hours from home and in the middle of the desert with this

alittleoff likes this.
  5. Mar 3, 2020 at 3:59 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Panamint went good. Did a lot of fun things in the truck that most others did not even want to try. Between the swamp lake run and the panamint valley run I realized how badly I really needed to trim my fenders. Also had some power steering issues, with a new power steering pump I had installed from Napa, rebuilt and put the factory pump back on, still more problems, so I bit the bullet and went with the PSC pimp kit. That was a great difference. Unfortunately I'm really bad at taking pictures, so the only picture of that I have is when we were in the process of mounting the new reservoir and the factory pump is still there. (will try to get a finished product pic for you later.) When I went to order the kit from PSC found out that Trail Gear undercut PSC on their own bracket for this application so much that PSC stopped making it so I had to buy the bracket from TG. Good Ol' TG... the hardware they send with their kit didn't even fit their bracket, so had to figure out my own hardware. But got it on there and was more than pleased with the outcome.
    PSCRes.jpg

dcsleeper408 likes this.
  6. Mar 3, 2020 at 4:01 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Now to address the fender rubbing issue as I was getting ready to go to Rubicon. Cut the fenders in the back as much as I could without getting into the fender wells, and cut the front fenders and had to cut out a small section of the firewall and weld a flat plate back in to have the room to clear the 37's. fendertrim1.jpg fendertrim2.jpg

7. Mar 3, 2020 at 4:03 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Then it was Rubicon ready. Again, not good at taking pictures, especially of my own rig. I just dont get out and take pictures, while on the trail. But here is what I got.
    con1wjr.jpg Con2wmike.jpg con3woops.jpg

8. Mar 3, 2020 at 4:03 PM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Video of me going up Soup Bowl with Nathan from the Gear Shop spotting me. Took awhile and made a couple of mistakes, but got up.
    https://youtu.be/vUqDkVt--v0

dcsleeper408, BestGen and alittleoff like this.
  9. Mar 4, 2020 at 8:10 AM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Some more pictures from Rubicon MCR18
    MCR-18-2 (Small).jpg MCR-18-4 (Small).jpg MCR-18-7 (Small).jpg MCR-18-6 (Small).jpg MCR-18-3 (Small).jpg MCR-18-1 (Small).jpg MCR-18-5 (Small).jpg MCR-18-SoupBowl (Small).jpg

BestGen and alittleoff like this.
  10. Mar 4, 2020 at 10:11 AM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    That pretty much catches it up to now. I haven't done much more modifying since my trip to Rubicon last year, I have gone on a couple more trips, and Ill try to get some of those pics up

11. Mar 4, 2020 at 10:43 AM
    trlhiker

trlhiker Lazy Bum

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4
    Great thread and great build up. Hats off to you.

12. Mar 12, 2020 at 10:50 AM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    I checked this morning, doing 65mp I was at 2600 RPM, 70 was about 2750.

13. Mar 12, 2020 at 11:11 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Get off my lawn

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Ok that’s perfect. I need 37’s.

Thank you.

14. Apr 13, 2020 at 8:07 AM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bad ass build Trevor!
    Picking up a 91 5spd V6 runner early next month. Putting together my SAS list. Looking to go a fairly same route as this build. :hattip:

15. Apr 13, 2020 at 10:54 AM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Awesome. Let me know when you start it, Id love to follow the build on it. If you need any help or have any questions let me know.

dcsleeper408[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Apr 13, 2020 at 9:34 PM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Will do! Thanks!

17. Apr 21, 2020 at 10:10 AM
    Marlin Crawler T-Revv

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner Crawler
    Been trying to get it smogged lately. God What a headache. They all question my headers, even after I show them the paperwork on them, One guy traced my elocker harness from the engine bay to the diffs to make sure that I was telling the truth that all those wires are for diff lockers. Some shops wont do a smog on anything bigger than 33" tires. Each time they find a reason to not put my 4runner on their smog machine. Im like "run it, it will pass with flying colors" "well im just not sure about...(insert part name), so I dont want to do it." "trust me, I did everything by the book" "no I don't want to test this". So far 4 smog shops have turned me down.

18. May 15, 2020 at 4:34 AM
    bthp223

bthp223 New Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    1990 4X4
    Man, beautiful ! Very well done brother. She looks fun as all get out !

Get a P.O. Box in Pahrump and you’ll never deal with that smog again. Of course you’d have to run Nevada plates.

atgparker likes this.
To Top