1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

suggestions on 5th gen

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Roman dog, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Apr 7, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    Roman dog

Roman dog [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Gentlemen, I am looking to buy a 4 runner and need some advise. currently looking at a 2011 92k miles for 19k. Hard to get over paying that much for a vehicle that has almost 100k miles on it. I'm in no rush to buy so I can pass this over no problem. Is there any specific thing I should be looking for that would throw a red flag up? I have a 2003 Tacoma that has been my baby for 13yrs and will never leave the yard. Now I am looking to get a 4runner as a daily driver.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have looked at some very helpful advise on the older ones but might have skipped past some for the 5th gen.

Thanks in advance.

2. Apr 7, 2017 at 12:57 PM
    brochacho

brochacho New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    5th gens are extremely reliable and really don't have any sort of "what to look out for" problems. One thing depending are where you are located would be to possibly check for frame rust. If you are in dry region no worries there. $19k doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. 4Runner is #2 in resale value only behind the Tacoma so it's always a bit of sticker shock buying these rigs used.

Products Discussed in

To Top