1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOLD

Discussion in '4Runners For Sale' started by klavender1, Dec 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 16, 2020 at 1:44 PM
    klavender1

klavender1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner V8 4x4
    Decided to sell the 4Runner. Originally wanted a GX but couldn't find one. So I bought the Toyota equivalent instead. Then the GX I wanted came along so here we are. :D
    If you have any questions or interest, please PM me or respond to my FB ad. Otherwise, notifications are slow coming thru.
    The seats are replacement pleather covers (they look nice) done by the previous owner as well as new carpet. I installed a double din radio is capable of front and rear camera inputs. I've ran the video feed wires for both cameras to a spot under the steering wheel. I also will include the front and rear cameras as well as a CH4X4 "Front Camera" on/off switch. So you can wire them up. I've also done the VSC off mod using a modified Toyota trac off switch.
    Someone wrote in sharpie the timing belt mileage on the engine cover. I can't confirm this. Per the Carfax I know for sure the timing belt was done around 55k miles.
    Per the Carfax, this has been a southern car except for 2.5 years when it was up in PA. It is not rusted out! Just some minor surface rust in a few spots but a very clean frame overall.

Pros:
    It runs great! Really smooth with cold AC and hot heat. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.
    Cons (common 4Runner problems):
    The sunroof motor was making noise when I bought it. So I unplugged the motor and sealed up the sunroof, just in case.
    The valve cover gaskets leak but that shouldn't be difficult to replace.
    The power steering lines have a very slight leak. That also shouldn't be difficult to replace.

2. Dec 24, 2020 at 9:02 AM
    klavender1

klavender1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner V8 4x4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top