1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So angry - defeated by OEM crossbars

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by keepschanging, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Dec 22, 2022 at 1:51 AM
    mac1usa

mac1usa New Member

Member:
    Any vehicle can have issues they are machines made by people and yes robots We make the best decisions we can at the time and many of educate ourselves ahead of the purchase.

I researched the 4R a lot for over 18 months and many other vehicles. But for me it was and still is fun. I drove Jeeps, canyon, taco, Yukon etal. I had a spreadsheet with dimensions since garage parking was a must.

So far I love it. It’s solid for today. Is it as heavy as my 90s Explorer nope. I think the old Explorer doors and hood were heavier. I think the paint on the Explorer was more resilient. On the flip side I don’t think I’ll have the oil leaks in the 4R or tranny leaks, exhaust issues, valve issues etal. At least I hope not.

My buddy commented about the dates interior when I got my ORP and lack of tech and screen. I laughed and said that’s part of what sold me. Less shizzo to break over the 20 years I plan to keep it. I hope

I’ll be the old dude in 20 years kids say what is that pipe for off the back of that vehicle what is the smoke from :).

On a side note i mentioned to my neighbor with kids home for Christmas last night if all these cars were EVs would have four or five charging cables strewn across driveway and could your supply charge each one at night. I can’t imagine the spaghetti mess of cords outside. Hope we don’t lose power with the snow storm. Merry Christmas

OP hope you enjoy some cold brews on the beach of that remote island this weekend. Somehow I am envisioning that Corona commercial with Snoop Dog on the beach in paradise. Many of us would trade this weekend and for winter

Jedi5150, Klinsman55 and Curt56 like this.
  2. Dec 22, 2022 at 6:51 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    But, if I am prepared and have my EV charged, I may be able to use the EV stored power when power goes out from the storm.

3. Dec 22, 2022 at 7:36 AM
    mac1usa

mac1usa New Member

Member:

Good point--i wonder if there is a way to hook up an EV to your home someday to just have the furnace function (as opposed to generator). That would be neat.

4. Dec 22, 2022 at 7:47 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    I think the Ford lighting promotes the ability connect to your house. Not sure what the output is.

Products Discussed in

To Top