1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roof Racks

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by CO Native, May 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM.

1. May 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM
    CO Native

CO Native [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off-Road Premium
    Nothing yet. Just wait.
    I've scrolled through a bunch of posts but haven't found what I'm looking for. I got my 5th gen. about two months ago. I love it. I'm trying to figure out crossbars for the rails on my roof. I've been thinking about Yakima. They've got some that run between the roof rails but also have the bars that extend beyond the sides of the roof rails. I have a rod vault that I need to mount and I've been thinking about the Skinny Warrior basket. Will I need to get the bars that extend beyond the rails to mount both of these? Your thoughts please.

2. May 16, 2019 at 4:03 PM
    wmdtech

wmdtech New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD OR
    Contact Yakima and see what they say. I’m thinking they used to have an online build your kit thing. May try that as well

3. May 16, 2019 at 10:54 PM
    4runningMan

4runningMan New Member

Member:
    I really like the LFD crossbars but I've heard they have some resonance at highway speed. I'd get them in a minute if anyone can confirm that this has been resolved?

jgcaps likes this.
  4. May 17, 2019 at 4:07 AM
    eaglescout

eaglescout 2018 SR5

Member:
    Middle Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2018 Magnetic Gray Metallic SR5
    FN FX PRo Wheels Matte Dark Bronze. Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70/17/load C 3" Dobinson Coil Lift Blackout Kit Raptor Style Grill LED C4 Fab Lo Pro Winch Bumper LFD Offroad Skid Plate Shrockworks Sliders Rago Molle Panels Extreme LED Ditch Lights Ecotechne Roof Rack Detours Offroad Swingout Tire Carrier

Products Discussed in

To Top