1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Regular AVS bug deflectors vs Aeroskin

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by nondescriptive123, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Jan 23, 2023 at 10:58 AM
    nondescriptive123

nondescriptive123 [OP] New Member

Member:
    DFW, TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2021 White 4Runner TRD pro
    '21 TRD Pro 4Runner MAGNUSON SuperCharger | NashFabCo Rear Ladder | OEM Center Console Safe | OEM Brake Caliper Covers | CanvasBack CargoLiner | Morimoto XB Tail Lights | Cali Raised Rock Sliders | Cali Raised Roof Rack Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Light | Apex Overland Recovery Points| Agency 6 Recovery Shackle Block | Red 3/4" D-Ring Recovery Shackle | Morimoto XB White Head Lights | Teton Workshop Shiftknob and Transfer Case
    Do ya'll prefer the normal bug deflector or the Aeroskin which sits much closer to the hood? The normal one is like an inch off the surface and looks a little odd to me up close. Maybe I'm just not use to it. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks

2. Jan 23, 2023 at 12:19 PM
    mainerunr

mainerunr New Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD ORP
    Toyo AT3's, Greenlane Sliders
    I don't have my 4Runner yet (this week, I hope) but I have the bug shield that sticks to the hood on my F150 and I prefer that look to the one that sits out an inch or so (co-worker has a 4runner with one of those).

While I should get something right away, if I go with the stick on one, I need to wait until it warms up...

3. Jan 23, 2023 at 12:36 PM
    Buvenom4R

Buvenom4R New Member

Member:
    Personally I like the aeroskin but my wife bought me the bug deflector that sits a bit high. I couldn't say no I placing it on my 4R.

Products Discussed in

To Top