1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommended light bar brands?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Runner15, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Oct 23, 2015 at 5:22 PM
    Runner15

Runner15 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1997 4runner
    i just bought a 1997 4runner and was wanting 2 know about good light bar brands??and mounting options

2. Oct 26, 2015 at 10:19 PM
    Husky Driver

Husky Driver Kyna's chauffeur

Member:
    First Name:
    Kipp
    40°35'09.0"N 105°04'38.3"W
    Vehicle:
    2k T4R3 SR5 Highlander Sport TRD
    Toytec Ultimate 3" lift susp w/ OME 891 rear coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks front & 5125 rear, ARB 'Roo Bar, Warn VR10k, 0.7, 2 & 11-meter 2 way radios, Nitrogen inflated 33" BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s, FlexFuel E-85 conversion, AFe lifetime filter, Savage Offroad rock sliders, Ryno All Terrain 4.5mm skid plates, Line-X coatings on the armor, LifetimeLED & Rigid Industries LED headlights, UltraGauge 1.2, T3q 4.10 eLocker with armor from LROR, AmsOil lubricants used throughout. CBI plate rear bumper with swingaway, SPC Light Racing UCAs, ARB SS170HF Safari snorkel w/ Afrikaans centrifugal pre-cleaner, Tacoma antenna mod, TRD Supercharger w/ URD 7th inj. & URD pulleys, Anti-Dark engine bay lighting system. Having gone 250k, Aug 2016 was the time to replace the original clutch & get the driver's seat rebuilt/stuffed. Front & back Weathertech liners. Tundra front disc brake swap. Full length Rocky Mountain Rack with 40" lightbar & alternating strobe rear dust lights. I used a warm weekend in March 2022 to finally install my brand new from old stock 2000 4Runner driver's seat. $800 directly from the factory in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan.
    In my experience there are two ways to go about this. We all want to do, whatever it is, right the 1st time. If you have no budgetary restraints go with Rigid Industries. Their lights are so superbly engineered I'll probably never have to replace them. The only problem for me is that I can only afford their Duallys. They are kick ass, I love my Duallys, they give me my own 300' slice of 6000K daylight & light up every reflector for a mile ahead of me.
    If your budget is restrained, I'd go with Lifetime LED Lights. I bought my H4/9003 headlamps from them after tiring of not being able to see my Sylvania Silverstar 4300K after turning my Duallys off. Their tech support is very good & they honor their warranty. The cost of their light bars don't make you wince when you see the price tag. I'm more than likely going to get future light bars from LLL, as I can't justify the huge cost of Rigids for something that will get so little use.

3. Oct 27, 2015 at 9:08 AM
    Runner15

Runner15 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1997 4runner
    Thanks!!those sound like very good options!i just put a new set of iron man all country at tires on it so imma hold of on the lights till i say some more $$

4. Oct 31, 2015 at 3:12 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    Rigid, or BajaDesigns. Both produce a great throw pattern, stand by their product, and truly output what advertised. It's going to cost quite a bit more, but they are well worth it, IMO.

Products Discussed in

To Top