1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear window switch in console / rear window washer

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by bcolex, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Jun 27, 2020 at 1:03 PM
    bcolex

bcolex [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 4Runner
    My rear window in my 2014 T4R Gen 5 can be operated with a key in the rear lockset on the door but the switch on the console doesn't do a thing. Like I said, window operates with key outside so know it has power.

How do you remove and/or test the switch on the center console? I don't see any videos on YouTube about it and am afraid that I would need to remove the whole center console to access it from below.

Any suggestions? (I know, just use the key in the rear door)! It would be nice to have the switch function.

ALSO, rear wiper works fine but the rear window washer doesn't spray at all. Could the spray jet be clogged? Does it use the same reservoir as the front? I don't see any mention of a second reservoir in the manual so assume not there. Manual says if the spray jet is clogged it should go to dealer, but that seems extreme to clear the jet. Any experience with this? Recommendations appreciated.

Thank you!

Products Discussed in

To Top