1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear "clunk"

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by brochacho, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Jan 23, 2017 at 10:28 AM
    brochacho

brochacho [OP] New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    After some heavy snow and ice here in SW Washington I have noticed there is a slight "clunk" when going over small bumps coming from the rear. I figured it was due to the snow/ice but the roads are clear now and I can still hear/feel it. It's not super noticeable but it almost feels like something is loose but I checked all the bolts everything is torqued to spec back there.

I have 1.5" Daystar spacers and 5100's back there and I have read that on some 3rd and 4th gen the 5100's clunk because they are too short. Is it the same with 5th gens? Some others have suggested going to 5160's instead on their 3rd and 4th gens...

Any thoughts on what it might be?

2. Jan 28, 2017 at 3:39 PM
    brochacho

brochacho [OP] New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    Well I figured it out. My right rear shock is making the clunk. With my buddy standing on the n-fab step and jumping up and down you can hear the clunk coming out of the shock body and feel it when my hand is on it. Confirmed that the other side does not do this.

Need to get a warranty replacement... @YotaDan I bought these from you guys, how do I go about getting a warranty replacement?

Products Discussed in

To Top