1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear 12v outlet

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by joe53rod, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Jul 31, 2021 at 8:37 AM
    VentureTRD

VentureTRD New Member

Member:
    Blowing Rock, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Venture Nautical Blue Metallic
    Goodyear DuraTrac Tires P265/70R17 AEM Air Filter TRD Radiator Cap TRD Pro Leather Shift Knob TRD Pro Rubber Floor Mats Agency 6 Recovery Shackle Lamin-x Amber Fog Light Covers Red LED Interior Lights LasFit LED Turn Signals
    I was running my small fridge with the Accessories on, and in about 10 minutes I got a warning on the center console, System shutting down to protect battery, and the truck powered off. I didn't know it did that.

2. Aug 11, 2022 at 1:08 PM
    SuedePflow

SuedePflow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORP
    Gobi Rack & ladder Custom made swing out spare tire carrier. BA4x4 front bumper w/ lightbar Warn Evo 8-2 winch w/ 200A kill switch N-Fab side steps TRD Skidplate Clearanced front bumper TRD Pro grille OEM rear black valence Wheels/suspension mods: (5) Method 703 Wheels, KO2 tires, 1.25 spacers Body mount chop Bilstein 6112 front lift, 5160 rear w/ 2" icon springs SPC upper control arms Lighting mods: Alpharex Luxx headlights Aiden James LED fog light bezel and cam relocation (7) Baja designs Squadron lights on custom mount.
    So I can confirm that the modification on page 1 does not work on a 2020 model. The fuse box is different, but when I send a constant 12v to the P/Outlet, I am not getting full power to any 12v source in the car, with the engine off.

Has anyone figured out how to do this on a 2020 model? I'd love to be able to use the OE rear power ports with the engine off.

Poutlet.jpg

Ricphoto likes this.
  3. Aug 11, 2022 at 1:45 PM
    ElectroBoy

ElectroBoy Ad astra

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 ORP
    Check out this thread. I would still get the schematics to make sure you know exactly what circuitry is being modified. And be careful.
    https://www.4runners.com/threads/12v-always-on.26894/#post-370070

4. Aug 11, 2022 at 2:24 PM
    SuedePflow

SuedePflow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORP
    Gobi Rack & ladder Custom made swing out spare tire carrier. BA4x4 front bumper w/ lightbar Warn Evo 8-2 winch w/ 200A kill switch N-Fab side steps TRD Skidplate Clearanced front bumper TRD Pro grille OEM rear black valence Wheels/suspension mods: (5) Method 703 Wheels, KO2 tires, 1.25 spacers Body mount chop Bilstein 6112 front lift, 5160 rear w/ 2" icon springs SPC upper control arms Lighting mods: Alpharex Luxx headlights Aiden James LED fog light bezel and cam relocation (7) Baja designs Squadron lights on custom mount.
    I bought a 2-day sub to learn about the wiring, but I feel like I'm going to spend 2+ days just learning their website and digging through random wiring schematics... Not a very user friendly website for anyone unfamiliar with it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  5. Aug 11, 2022 at 2:56 PM
    ElectroBoy

ElectroBoy Ad astra

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 ORP
    You’ll have to poke around to see how it’s all organized.
    If its still organized like my 2018, get into your model year folder. Then drill down to the System Circuit. Then in the Vehicle Interior folder individually download each circuit wiring diagram to your computer. Organize in folders on your computer. Do the same for for Vehicle Exterior and any others you are interested in. It takes a while. Get as much as you can in your 2 days.

Probably in the Vehicle Interior and/or Exterior are diagrams for Power Outlets (12V) or some similar title. Check into that first. I imagine there’s a diagram for the Interior circuits and a power distribution relay in the engine compartment (Exterior).

Good luck. Let us know how you did.

6. Aug 12, 2022 at 2:38 PM
    SuedePflow

SuedePflow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORP
    So, I was sort of successful last night.

I jumped the ACC 3 relay under the hood and also had to send a constant hot to the P/Outlet fuse in the fuse box underneath the steering column (jumped from the power seat fuse). The result is that all 12v cig lighter outlets in the car are now constant hot. This includes the one in the rear of the car. The 120v outlets and USB ports are still only hot when the engine is running.

But this mod is allowing me to run a refrigerator independent from the engine, which is handy. I did a 12 hour test last night and zero issues with excessive battery drain in that time period. I also have a 2-battery Genesis kit going in next week, along with a solar panel.

Ricphoto and peter2772000 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top