1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Real Limited Wheel Width?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by RedTide, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Feb 28, 2017 at 1:57 PM
    RedTide

RedTide [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Limited 4WD Midnight Black
    I've done some searching around. Maybe not as well as some others so if you have a link to another forum which can enlighten me please give me the link. I'm eager, though have plenty of time, to replace my factory limited tires with a 275/55R20 all-terrain. This isn't a what kind of all-terrain type thread. I have a good idea of what I want. The question is what is the REAL width of a 2016 Limited's 20" rim. The reason I ask what the REAL width is ... is because I've seen conflicting information. I may just have to ask my dealer but I feel as though most of them don't have a clue and will give you the first answer they hear. The vast majority of places online state it comes with a 7" wheel. However if you good 2016 4Runner Limited rim size it states 7.5". Not to trust a single Google return I located this product information .pdf which looks authentic and states SR5/TRD Pro (7.0 x 17") Trail (7.5 x 17") & Limited (7.5 x 20"). Has anyone had a conversation with a dealer or tire shop about the rim width? I don't feel comfortable putting on a 275/55R20 designed to be on a 7.5" if its only 7". There are only like 3 or 4 tire options available otherwise and they all suck. And I really don't feel like spending money on new rims if I don't have too.

Attached Files:

Palerider likes this.
  2. Feb 28, 2017 at 2:29 PM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    looking at the info I got when I picked up mine (actually same doc you have attached) it should be a 7.5" wide rim. It also is the same info in the 2017 info, I would go with it. I believe only the SR5 and TuRD Pro wheels are 7"

2016:
    upload_2017-2-28_14-31-27.jpg

2017:
    upload_2017-2-28_14-29-49.jpg

Palerider likes this.
  3. Feb 28, 2017 at 6:25 PM
    RedTide

RedTide [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'll throw this monkey wrench into it...my manual says this...The Limited is the 20" wheel. I don't know what the hell to believe! I feel like this is so stupid. Either they're giving out old information in the books because they don't want to pay to reprint the 2011 4Runner manual or they're giving out incorrect information of product information sheets. I was hoping someone took the rims off and measured themselves.
    Tires.jpg

4. Mar 1, 2017 at 8:41 AM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    don't know man, I pulled mine from the 2016 & 2017 product info and googling it everything says 7.5" Could you just stop by a tire shop and have them measure it for you? We used one of these when I worked in a tire shop in high school:

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Mar 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM
    RedTide

RedTide [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So I was on the phone with Toyota today trying to get an answer. After about an hour of conversation nobody was able to get me the right answer. I will say the young lady I spoke with was super nice. They just couldn't give me a direct answer due to these XP packages being offered and they didn't want to give me the wrong answer. They directed me to the dealership. I'll have to go by a tire shop and see if they have a caliper like that one above to measure. I put in a complaint about the unusual tire size and tire variety available for the Limited. Not that it matters much for me but it might help the future Limited owners. Then she helped assign me a case manager for my windshield ticking sound. I was disappointed but they were super nice and tried to locate the answer.

jester243 likes this.
  6. Mar 2, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    RedTide

RedTide [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Crawled under the car today and stamped on the back of the rim was 20x7J. The product information sheet was wrong. If you want to put an A/T on your Limited and stay within the rim designation you'll have to buy new rims. Toyota Designers...you missed the ball on this one.

DavidR likes this.
  7. Mar 17, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    DavidR

DavidR New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Thanks for doing the research RedTide. Exactly the information I was trying to gather.

Products Discussed in

To Top