1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about 2020 SR5 Premium

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Southbound35, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Feb 12, 2020 at 6:48 PM
    CD12

CD12 New Member

Member:
    I have 3 dealers at $37,099 (sales price) for a 2020 SR5 premium. about 41,000k OTD (TN sales tax 7.5%). MSRP for each was about 42,800. Would y'all consider 37,099 a good sales price? Went to a dealer today and he wouldn't budge. Also asked to see if they would throw in TRD wheels and seemed offended when I asked. How would y'all suggest to get this price lowered or have TRD wheels or tube steps thrown in. Two of the three dealers were at 37,500 and matched the 37,099.

2. Feb 12, 2020 at 7:48 PM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    Custom scratches
    Hi CD12, I hope I can help.

Firstly, asking if a particular deal on a vehicle is likely subjective because two vehicles are rarely specced similar. It will get you in the ballpark, but only you can decide if a deal is good.

Assess your complete financial picture. I assume you're financing. You want to really pay for 6 years on that thing? It won't be as exciting in 6 years as it seems tonight.

Don't worry, I don't have long and boring advice, just basically know what terms YOU want to pay. (monthly amount, interest rate, etc.) and see if that makes sense.

Lastly, you mentioned going out of state. Just a heads up (I live in TN too) if you do that. I bought a Travel Trailer in Texas for $12,500, and I paid that. I didn't pay tax, because you pay the tax when you go to the Clerk's office to get your tags. You pay it ALL, or you don't get the tags. So consider if you're willing to pay $37000 x 0.0725 = $2682.50 when you pick up your plates. If you have a trade in, that will be less. Just a heads up. I knew what I was getting in to, but when I bought that trailer in TX and returned to TN, I paid $906.25 to get that license plate.

Products Discussed in

To Top