1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Push start and PKE mod on 2019

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Robbopilot, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Apr 27, 2024 at 7:10 PM
    Robbopilot

Robbopilot [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s all round on stock height, Springs OME 2885, and BILSTEIN 36281817, Replica TRD PRO 8" Rims with Mickey T 285/70. Result .5" rear 2.7" front lift.
    Hi,
    I purchased a 4runner for my daughters 21st. She wanted a 4runner instead of a party. I raised her right!
    Anyway, I have just finished lifting it, putting 285s on, and installing aftermarket touchscreen android deck.
    The only thing she doesn't like is having to use a key. About to try out this Push start and PKE mod.
    https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...t_main.11.78ae1802btmei3&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
    After searching around I couldn't find a local solution. Its from AliExpress so I am dubious but I figure for under $200 why not give it a go.
    Has anyone else attempted this or found a better solution?

2. Apr 28, 2024 at 10:19 AM
    Ironguy

Ironguy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ralph
    Bisbee AZ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black 4Runner Venture 1967 FJ40 Land Cruiser
    New pine scent hanger, new sun shade
    Welcome from Arizona!
    I would not be too trusting of that unit for the price. But on the other hand $20 is pretty cheap.

icebear likes this.
  3. Apr 28, 2024 at 12:45 PM
    icebear

icebear Recovering Kia Owner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    I know it’s not your question but I’m pretty apprehensive of aftermarket electronics in a mission critical application like this.

I needed to take my previous Kia back to the shop it came from to re-pair the remotes to the Compustar remote start/security system when it started acting up. I was told that there’s a chance of needing to do it again whenever the battery is replaced/disconnected so it’ll be more of a concern if you’re planning for the vehicle to stick around a while.

java likes this.
  4. Apr 28, 2024 at 12:54 PM
    Borracho Loco

Borracho Loco My 4Runner identifies as a Prius!

Member:
    Dallas/Ft Worth
    Vehicle:
    2023 40th Anniversary Special Edition
    Oooh look, another mod.....

If I gave my daughter a really nice vehicle, or any vehicle at all, and she even uttered a complaint about it I would take it back immediately. The only thing I should hear come out of your mouth if I give you a gift is "Thank you very much! I promise to take care of it." I'm sure you have a great kid, but if there's something she doesn't like about it, make that her problem. Not yours.

The. End.

P.S. That $200 looks like crap; I wouldn't risk it. Keyfobs can be cloned thus leading to it being easier to steal. An old school key can't be stolen via a wireless device.

5. May 7, 2024 at 8:43 PM
    Robbopilot

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s all round on stock height, Springs OME 2885, and BILSTEIN 36281817, Replica TRD PRO 8" Rims with Mickey T 285/70. Result .5" rear 2.7" front lift.
    TBH I have to admit guilt on this one. Its more my problem than hers. I have grown so used to modern vehicles I cant comprehend the idea of having to dig a key out of the bottom of my bag.
    She was very appreciative to the point she wanted to pay me back. And don't worry she purchased her first 2 cars with her own money. Its nice to be able to do for my kids what no one did for me.
    Point taken on the security risk and quality concerns though. I will be able to retain the factory transponder chip security.
    It came in the mail and for all intensive purposes looked like a decent piece of kit.
    However, it was advertised as plug and play and the harness does not match. Obviously not about to start cutting into my wiring so will be chalking this one up to a failed experiment.

6. May 7, 2024 at 10:05 PM
    java

java fauxrunner

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2023 ORP ice cap
    scoopless hood, debadge, rci skid, hf gun case...
    What are the chances it fries something electrical and youre looking into thouhands in repair. At 20$ I dont expect much quality control.

icebear likes this.
  7. May 7, 2024 at 10:08 PM
    Robbopilot

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR
    Its $200 not $20, but yes point taken.

java[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top