1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Powered seats motor replacements

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by bran, May 21, 2021.

1. May 21, 2021 at 11:37 AM
    bran

bran [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi everyone! My driver's side powered seats motor on one side of the seat is not spinning (right side). Left side spins fine and moves only the left side of the seat but the side side doesnt move.

I was looking for a motor replacement and came across the model: 85820-35020, which is discontinued. I live in Canada and find it hard to find replacements or alternatives. Anyone know what is an alternative for that motor?

2. May 21, 2021 at 1:36 PM
    DRH

DRH TRD Broverlander Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    I don't have replacement info for you but I have a tip for the future once you get it fixed. My wife and I have radically different seat positions, I have made it a habit of re-adjusting the seat before I get into the vehicle. The unloaded seat moves much easier and strains the mechanism less, without the weight of the driver applied.

Google turned up this -
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-02-TOYOTA-4RUNNER-POWER-SEAT-MOTOR-ASSY-85820-35020-/184139414666
    https://toyota-general.epc-data.com/land_cruiser_prado/kzj95r/8288/electric/8513/85820B/

Good Luck!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    bran[OP] likes this.
  3. May 22, 2021 at 12:52 PM
    PhantomTweak

PhantomTweak New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    OREGON
    Vehicle:
    1999 4Runner, bone stock
    None. Bone Stock. EXCEPT: Brushguard, tow hitch, both welded to the frame. It's good to have friends and a fully equipped garage!
    Sounds more to me like your truck is trying to tell you something. Something like, oh, I dunno, maybe "Loose some weight, Tubby!"
    Not my thought. It's straight from your truck's "mouth", so to speak. Rude of your truck. Very rude, but what can you expect from a vehicle designed for the, generally, smaller-bodied Japanese people...
    :ohsnap: :laughing:

Sorry. I couldn't resist.
    I mean no offense whatsoever.
    Just my natural "smart-a$$" coming to the fore.
    Pat☺

4. May 22, 2021 at 1:53 PM
    DRH

DRH TRD Broverlander Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    I would agree that the 4 runner is not designed for those 6'-3"/200 lbs, no offense taken.

One another note, I did stop the seat clicking issue I was having with the seat all the way back by just leaving it a smige from the end of travel backward. I really did not want to take it to the dealer and dont notice the 3/8" or so difference in space much.

Products Discussed in

To Top