1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Plastic cowling removal on 2013 4 runner?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by BorregoBob13, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jan 21, 2020 at 12:50 PM
    BorregoBob13

BorregoBob13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I'm new to this 4 runner thing. Just bought a 2013 with 100K miles on it. I go to the desert a lot and felt I needed a 4x4. I was wondering if the plastic cowling pieces are really needed on the skid plate. They appear to channel air through a couple of screens to cool something I guess? Those plastic doo-hickeys are a pain to remove and I'm just wondering if those two plastic pieces are really needed. I tried to find something under search but nothing came up.

Also, are the 4 skid plate bolts 8mm x 1.25 pitch x 1" long. That's what I measured when I checked them.

I replaced them with Stainless steel ones adding washer and lock washer. They were a bit of a pain to put in (kinda tight) which surprised me. I thought they would be loose if anything! One was already stripped out and I may have to tap to 10mm. did put a little anti-sieze on the new bolts.

Appreciate any feedback,
    Thank you!!

Products Discussed in

To Top