1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paint protection? Ceramic coating? Other protection?

Discussion in 'Armor' started by kaitlyn2004, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Sep 11, 2021 at 3:42 PM
    kaitlyn2004

kaitlyn2004 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I don't "offroad", but regularly go up forestry roads. Depending on the remoteness, the overgrowth can be quite severe and I'd love to not be constantly pinstriping my 2020 4Runner - especially any particular scratches that might get down to metal and accelerate rust.

I don't want something like GOAT Armor mainly because of the hassle of on/off, plus the fact that your car basically has to be clean to put them on. I want something I don't have to actively think of.

Paint protection film SOUNDS like it might be the right choice, however, I wonder if that film might end up more grippy than bare, and result in just getting torn so quickly from the branches scraping up against it?

Any advice for what to consider to protect the sides of my vehicle from overgrown bushes/trees? At least for the time being, I'm mainly thinking about the road simply not being wide enough because of the overgrowth, but not SO overgrown that the entire "road" itself is basically trees :)

To Top